Bikes stolen 12-27-13 AM

Windtunnel36

PR Addict
Last night in Elyria, my friend Jim Benko's garage got broke into. They stole 2 of the coolest Honda XR 100's single shock, 1 very trick XR twin shock, and restored ATC 70. All are very unique and easy to spot. I have no pictures yet or vins but will try and post them. I think they have 991 numbers on them, one may have 115. I don't understand how they got in and out and nobody heard a thing. You would think thay had a truck and help to do the job. His garage had a burglar alarm but never went off. Keep your eyes out for them.

Chances are it's probably someone close to you. May not know them personally, but I'll bet they don't live too far.

I agree about someone we know. It's just a shame. Plus these bikes are very unique and would be hard to sale. The word is out and we are looking for the lowlifes. They even took the time to get into his trailer and take the 3 wheeler.

That might be more personal. I feel so terribl for people, I know how it feels. It's nauseating. I truly hope the bastards screw up and get caught.

Damn, how does the alarm not go off!!! I will keep my eyes open Im right down the road.

I almost got an alarm. I figure even if it does go off. The alarm company doesn't call the police for 2 minutes. By then thats too long and thwybalready got your studf and are long gone by the time the police actualy arrive (an hour later) for But I opted to go security camera route. I got the hard drive in my safe. So even if they damage my cameras ill still have something on tape. Safe is lag bolted to the floor in my bedroom.

I'd take a loss on the house if I moved now. With all the fees, closing costs, realtor etc. and really druggies will strike anywhere. No place is safe. If they know you have nice things and they want them, they'll get them.

I insure everything. Just like you said, if they want something bad enough they will get it. I am not going to go through my life worrying about someone stealing my stuff. And we've had a bike stolen before they came right through the house.

Hell, they never steal it when you want a new bike!

Hey good news. After some great detective work, a good network of friends getting the word out, Jim got two of the bikes back. The Lorain County Sheriff was involved but didn't find anything. But good intuition Jim got some evidence, got the Deputies back and bam made an arrest and two of the bikes. We are hot on the trail of the other two and hope to find the rest responsible. The first tip came from a local guy who heard about the situation, saw something and got on the phone. I am happy but surprised with so many units disappearing and never seen again. Jim wants to thank all those that helped.

Oh yea, This went down between Grafton and Columbia Station, Ohio. Keep your eye out for a trick 150cc XR 80 with 991 on it. Also a very clean and trick ATC 70. Thanks.

Great news....I hope the guy is staring at a grey wall shaking from withdrawals.
I hope you get the other bikes and thieves!!!

Wow! How'd they make an arrest or get a warrant? All my evidence I showed they told me to pound salt and wouldn't get a warrant to search anywhere even after every cop told me they knew who did it.

Glad you got them back.

Oh yea, This went down between Grafton and Columbia Station, Ohio. Keep your eye out for a trick 150cc XR 80 with 991 on it. Also a very clean and trick ATC 70. Thanks.

Glad two are back in Jim's garage...hopefully the leads will get the other two back as well.

Any details on how they were taken? Busted down doors, windows broken, day or night???

Not sure how much info I should put out there yet. Let's see if we can find the other two and the lowlife's that did it then Jim can tell what he wants.

I'd take a loss on the house if I moved now. With all the fees, closing costs, realtor etc. and really druggies will strike anywhere. No place is safe. If they know you have nice things and they want them, they'll get them.

Agreed. When I was younger i lived with my parents ( those were the days!! ) and no house in our development went for under $200,000. We were robbed from our garage 2-3 times. They actually go to the nicer areas for nicer things! Why would they stay in the hood and steal from broke people when they can hit the jackpot in the nicer areas while folks are at work/school. ( also in Elyria by the way )

Back