Johns Hopkins study

This may be true in apv areas because the atvs far out number bikes, but my own ten year study shows different results.

Damn you got me....2010.... Heck that's old!

You got data? Need help publishing?

6 life flights, no quads. It's very rare that a down quad rider needs an ambulance either. The quad is more than likely to break down before the rider is injured. Not saying it doesn't happen. But I would have to say I see far more bike injuries than quad.

Might be because you have way more bikes, and for the most part those bikes are flying higher and farther than the quads. I've always said that I would much rather have my son on a bike than a quad. If something happens on the bike, it is much easier to ditch it, and get away from it.

6 life flights, no quads. It's very rare that a down quad rider needs an ambulance either. The quad is more than likely to break down before the rider is injured. Not saying it doesn't happen. But I would have to say I see far more bike injuries than quad.

I've wrecked a quad twice. First time it landed on me. Second time a tree saved me from being crushed by it landing on me. However i wasnt crushed the first Time. which only means that if i wasnt wearing that neck brace (thank god for neck braces) Dem quads is dangerous. So clearly my life was saved. Phew!

I know of a particular bike vs quad accident where the quad rider was injured and the bike rider was not. Where did this take place you might ask??? BC

Ya I know, I need to let it go. It's just to fun to bring up once in while.lol

I know of a particular bike vs quad accident where the quad rider was injured and the bike rider was not. Where did this take place you might ask??? BC

Ya I know, I need to let it go. It's just to fun to bring up once in while.lol

I believe lightning struck me that day or something.....it just doesnt make sense. My ribs ache thinking about it.

You all are probably right, i have the opposite stats of the APV study. I have more bikes so they are more likely to ball it up. So I guess whatever makes up the majorty where you are riding, if you are riding that, then be careful.

I do know this, the people that are afraid of getting hurt should not be riding motorcycles or atvs, period.

I believe lightning struck me that day or something.....it just doesnt make sense. My ribs ache thinking about it.

What are the odds of the two of us getting tangled up? That was long before the OMA was ever though of, heck it was long before I bought Malvern. Look at us now. Perhaps that was the beginning of some sort of weird trust.

looks to me dirtbikers may be twice as smart (on average) as atv pilots per the percentages of helmet users... :cool:

I do know this, the people that are afraid of getting hurt should not be riding motorcycles or atvs, period.

I'm afraid, very afraid. Guess I'll have to quit riding, period.

And I can't even continue PitRacing as my feelings were just hurt when was I told I should not be riding. I'm afraid I can't let that happen again.

Cool YZ pic with that article anyway...

101007132234.jpg If he crashes, he'll be one of the 60% of bike riders wearing helmets.

60% bike / 30% ATV crash helmet wearers sure sounds more like a head injury / fatality study...

Lol, have quick sale. Just my own personal beliefs. The day that I ride letting my fears control cognitive processes, I'm done. But I'm an all or nothing thinker. I don't think I have ever felt true fear riding anything. I hope to god that I never do

She also says that studies like these could help ATV manufacturers design and implement increased safety technology in ATVs, similar to how automobile manufacturers have used research to make safer cars and trucks

Roll cages and seat belts are clearly the only thing that will save us all.

I'm afraid, very afraid. Guess I'll have to quit riding, period.

And I can't even continue PitRacing as my feelings were just hurt when was I told I should not be riding. I'm afraid I can't let that happen again.

Cool YZ pic with that article anyway...

View attachment 12835 If he crashes, he'll be one of the 60% of bike riders wearing helmets.

60% bike / 30% ATV crash helmet wearers sure sounds more like a head injury / fatality study...

Sorry Mark, I think that's an RM in the pic. I hope I got this posted before you quit Pitracing lol.

Sorry Mark, I think that's an RM in the pic. I hope I got this posted before you quit Pitracing lol.

Short retirement. Guess I was so distraught about being done that I saw saw a steel frame YZ with with new style yellow plastic. Looked like 913 on the number plate too. When my YZ was yellow I was often asked how I liked my Suzuki

run across this today at work... explains the quadbilly stats... quad billys dont race!

Hold on, let me do my surprised face... What? guys riding quads are drunk and not wearing a helmet and riding on the street??? NO WAY... Next thing you know they will say they were wearing jeans and no shirt... Let me guess... Did half have mullets?

Sorry quad fans but you bring it on yourself...

Is the title sponsor of the ATV nationals the company that makes those chains that go from your belt loop to your wallet? If not, they are missing out on a huge segment of their customer base... :p

run across this today at work... explains the quadbilly stats... quad billys dont race!

Hold on, let me do my surprised face... What? guys riding quads are drunk and not wearing a helmet and riding on the street??? NO WAY... Next thing you know they will say they were wearing jeans and no shirt... Let me guess... Did half have mullets?

Sorry quad fans but you bring it on yourself...

Is the title sponsor of the ATV nationals the company that makes those chains that go from your belt loop to your wallet? If not, they are missing out on a huge segment of their customer base... :p

Its actually Mountain Dew....flame on ck100racer_retired.....Are you gonna do some riding this year or just spout off on the internet? Better start working out those triceps and biceps, less work on flapping the gums.....

Oh come on JO that was funny and you know it... :D
Yes, I will be riding this year. I gotta get me one of them OMA championship awards...
Still working on loosing weight so I don't have to run a leaf string.
I have not flapped any gums for a while so I have a lot to makeup for.

btw... Loved the CK1class is all you need...

Oh come on JO that was funny and you know it... :D
Yes, I will be riding this year. I gotta get me one of them OMA championship awards...
Still working on loosing weight so I don't have to run a leaf string.
I have not flapped any gums for a while so I have a lot to makeup for.

btw... Loved the CK1class is all you need...

HA! We will see you in the spring!

Back