OMA Banquet tomorrow; times etc...

also spoke of BOO Series being AMA sanctioned and an "official" Ohio State MX Championship... contingencies and all!

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Who was it, KTM and Suzuki contingency as of now and no word back from Honda and Kawasaki yet? Also potential gear contingency...

That's correct the Battle for Ohio will include Ktm and Suzuki racing contingency programs. We are in talks with a gear manufacturer about a season long contingency program(s). Essentially you can become a true State Champion next season by racing the Battle for Ohio triple crown. Our other two premiere series will be the Kames Saturday night series at Malvern. Tentatively at 11 rounds. The other premiere series will be all the Sunday day races, which will be roughly 13 rounds and keep the Moto Revolution name. So Kames Saturday nights, Moto Revolution Sunday, and Battle Series State Championships. Jason will also be running the Faircross series as well, which is the grass roots effort to get more people to come try motocross. We are very close on schedule, hopefully in the next two weeks, we an release a schedule that we an stick with.

And he are being considered by Honda and Kawasaki for battle contingency as well.

Couple comments of which you may have already heard:

First, on the series or any series in general. The options are to have the races back to back to back, etc. or space them out over a few months every few weeks or so I would suppose. Being me and others I spoke to as well, racing every weekend just isn't going to be an option any more. I would like to think I could get to 1 or 2 races a month. Didn't happen last year I know, but there's always a chance in the new year. Nothing we can do about the past at this point. Will the Saturday Night and Sunday series be of the consecutive week variety or over the course of a few months with a week or two in between?

And with the Faircross series and the break AMS will be taking from their long time standing series. Word on the street is there is not a good profit or interest in picking up the Hartford Nationals or any other venue that Matt and Amy did over the course of the summer for their summer long Faircross series. Any chance there? I can't imagine the Thursday night of the Hartford Fair not having MX in it... :( Also, any chance of picking up a round at the Ohio State Fair as in D-11 glory days past?

At any rate, looking forward to it all any way it comes together.

There are actual open weekends in the tentative 2014 schedule. I feel like we have a very good compromise from the racers who want to race every weekend, and those that can't. For middle of the road folks, I could see them picking Saturday night or Sunday, and possibly Battle too. That would be similar to racing for a championship in 2013. Think about this, this is a far cry from the CRA heyday when people raced Friday-Saturday-Sunday.

No time or interest in me running fairs. I'm Luke warm and about 15% interested in Hartford.

No fair races are worth the hassels in my opinion as a promoter. As for the Battle races.......I am keeping my fingers crossed that I have no conflicts in my schedule this year. Hope Crow Canyon has a few races.

Looking forward to going to Malvern this year for a couple night races.

No fair races are worth the hassels in my opinion as a promoter. As for the Battle races.......I am keeping my fingers crossed that I have no conflicts in my schedule this year. Hope Crow Canyon has a few races.

Looking forward to going to Malvern this year for a couple night races.

Malvern, oir, mx213, chillitown, BC. Nothing at beans, crows, or dirt world

Im really bummed there are no sunday races at Beans. When prepped correctly and running the entire day track that is one of my top favorite go to tracks.

I am really pumped about you guys splitting the sat night races and sunday races. I tried for years ( at least 10 ) to talk a couple of the higher ups at CRA to do this to no avail. Just another example of how the OMA is trying to cater to what works best for the riders and in the end the promoters. Cheers to you guys!

On another note....great banquet. Seems BC was advertising in the toilet stalls too......

20140104_172457.jpg

Im really bummed there are no sunday races at Beans. When prepped correctly and running the entire day track that is one of my top favorite go to tracks.

I am really pumped about you guys splitting the sat night races and sunday races. I tried for years ( at least 10 ) to talk a couple of the higher ups at CRA to do this to no avail. Just another example of how the OMA is trying to cater to what works best for the riders and in the end the promoters. Cheers to you guys!

On another note....great banquet. Seems BC was advertising in the toilet stalls too......

View attachment 13444

Ha ha ha. Good Times.

I would say the only let down was the Sx party was a flop, everyone just took off and watched it where ever. Oh well they cant all be golden ideas, we try.

Open bar would fix that. Or atleast get the tangier to sell beers for a dollar. Mixed drinks for $2. Maybe a Dj after party.

Back