OMA Banquet Wrap Up

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Major thanks to everyone who came out last night, I would call the banquet and dinner a success. It went great, better than I had expected. Everyone owes a big thanks to Connie and Nate and anyone else that was up front processing the over 750 people that showed up. They did an awesome job processing all of those people in a timely fashion. Also big thanks to the Tangier Staff, they got everyone through the food lines in about an hour. Major props to Derek Everett and Nicole Heimes, they both did a great job with Derek announcing, and Nicole snapping photos. I thought we did a very good job processing everyone through the awards line. A major reason we got that done was because Nate and Tina were handing out awards and organizing the staging area like bosses. On the other side Ashley, Jason's Mom, and Jarrett processed people through the prize tables as fast as humanly possible. So many people helped get stuff ready, Jason, Tina, Connie, Zack, Chase, Jimmy, Jarrett, Nate, Derek, Nicole, my wife; Cara, and countless others.....You win with people, and our team is the best.

Super big thanks to all of our sponsors from last night as well, we have a top notch support group. Even though we had some fun with Dave, I thought his donation of two sets of tires shows his true character; he's good dude all bs aside. Big thanks to Canal Fulton Electrical Contractors, Kames Sports, Mid-Ohio Honda, Srs Suspension, Answer, MSR,Pro Taper, Oakley, Honda of Marysville Motorsports, Point View Cycles, Ripped Vinyl, Magic Hobbies, BPC Clothing, Suffield Motors, Epik Graphics, Wiseco, FCR Suspension, Pit Racer, North Ridge Yamaha Suzuki, Coppersmith Suspension, Brapcap, Fly Racing, and all of the OMA tracks!

Yes, thanks to all involved including you JO. Looking forward to a more competative 2014 for this pup. See you all this spring at a track near you...at the very least, BC. ;)

image.jpg

Good times, thank you to all involved.And I got the first cup cake. But that's all I got in the way of prizes. Lol.

View attachment 12934

Good times, thank you to all involved.And I got the first cup cake. But that's all I got in the way of prizes. Lol.

So you're the one that began the destruction of my creation!! I worked really hard at getting that to look right! :) but I'm glad there were no left overs! And a big thanks to Derek and Nicole for helping me put it together!

Also, it was Connie, Jimmy, and Nate that got all those people into the banquet in such a timely manner! Don't wanna leave anyone out! And I want to thank the Morgner family for all of their help, too! Andy and the boys were a huge help setting up on Saturday, and Shannon helped a lot at the product table during the banquet!

Jason and I want to thank everyone for working together to make the night a success. No matter if you did a lot or a little, it was much appreciated and we couldn't have done it without you guys!

One last thing, my apologies to anyone that couldn't hear or see because of Nate and I trying to get the riders in order for awards. I think next year that chaos should be done in the hallway! :)

~Tina~

The banquet was awesome, seemed like everything flowed smoothly! Hopefully finishing up my rebuild soon ill be ready for the 2014 OMA-X season!
Thanks to everyone on the OMA-X staff for all your hard work.

I was one of those that thought with that MANY people and awards, it would be a complete cluster ****. Pleasantly surprised, ran like a well-lubed YZ-250.
Great time, EVERYTHING worked out very well indeed. PROPS to all involved. My ONLY gripe, was that where we were seated, we were crushed in like piglets on a kids train at the petting zoo in Chile that has that petting zoo with the kids train and the piglets...

*Standing ovation to all that organized and sweated over the DETAILS. You did it. Be proud.

Don't think you want to limit the size, that's a good problem that you have that many people that want to attend! From what I saw in the photos, it looked like a first class operation for sure. Much better than any MX banquet in the state of Ohio in the past I am sure. But like I said, that was year one. Hopefully at year two or three you have 1000 people that want to attend. That only means your organization and events are growing.

I give the OMA props on what they did in year one. I know I am impressed.

Think about this....Had we gone with what everyone thought in October>200-400 people we would have been royally hosed. Its a good thing we thought bigger than that!

Very nice looking party. Looks well put together.
Riders- If it is not a black tie party then you should be in something that reps your sponsors... This is your one time a year to look nice and get a quality pic with your award. That would be a GREAT picture to show current and potential companies that you are asking money from. Sell yourself guys...

Your like 3 days too late

No, Im just good at pointing out issues with other people after the fact...:eek:

Well, maybe it will help everyone for next year.
Some of the little kids did wear jerseys and or were dressed very nice... Moms dressed them and did a good job.

For the rest of you. Any time you are going to a race or an event such as an award party, trade show, Arenacross, Supercross what have you.. Wear a nice shirt with a sponsor logo on it. NOT a sweatshirt or T-shirt.. More like a mechanics shirt. Never know when your going to meet someone or have a great photo op.

Chris, kids today have NO idea how to preae t themselves. Hell adults don't....you would be amazed how people show up for job interviews.

Thanks to everyone who helped out with the banquet! Was a great time. Can't wait to start racing this year.

Back