I have a question

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
The economy is bad. bad. bad.

Walstreet is doing good. Stock market is over 15,000 points. In the 90's everyone was ecstatic about 2000 points.

Wouldn't you think if the stock market is doing fantastic, the economy would also be doing fantastic?

They were just talking of this on Nightly Business Report earlier this week.
In 2013 the market investors enjoyed 27% gains, while working class incomes rose 1%.

Lol....where is the data to support those claims? The article claims that the gap between the richest 1% and the other 99% has closed 16% under democrats? Not under this presidency!

I will say that from my perspective, using only my company as a sight glass, the economy has grown stronger this last year. And judging only by the full parking lots at the local mega mall/strip area, the economy isnt doing all that poorly.

Georgie, what makes you think the economy is that horrible?

Nightly Business Report, reported on last night's program that now, more than 50% of the 535 members of Congress are officially millionaires.

The stock market is currently being artifically driven by "quantitative easing". You pull the plug on the money printing presses, and the market crashes.

Lets face it. The entire economy boil's down to one commodity.. Gasoline... It does not matter who is in the Whitehouse. Just think back over the past 50 years. In the 60's gas was cheap, everyone drove big muscle cars and had a job. Along comes the 70's and the great gas shortage. Prices climb, and the economy tanks thanks to everyone wanting small Jap car that are good on gas. 80's gas prices steady and people adjust and start buy trucks. The 90's was a carbon copy of the 80's just with worse music. Early 2000's everything is fine and s#@t hits the fan. Gas sky rockets, Everyone runs to the garage to burn their SUV and the economy implodes. Now, gas prices have leveled out (at a much higher rate) and people have started to adjust. unemployment continues to drop, spending is up over the past 8 years and all of this was completely independent of who was running the free world. (We still call it that but really Opec runs the world)

Get gas to $2.00 a gallon, and put more disposable income back into the consumers pockets. The economy would be fixed. Too many people are having to spend much too much of disposable income in gas just to do the necessities.

Get gas to $2.00 a gallon, and put more disposable income back into the consumers pockets. The economy would be fixed. Too many people are having to spend much too much of disposable income in gas just to do the necessities.

I don't think any company would lower costs if gas was cheaper. They'll raise all day but never lower. Because people pay it ! Barrel of oil as a gallon of gas aren't proportionate either.

Someone is acquiring wealth, and it certainly doesn't seem like its the small business owner or the worker...."the small business runs America...." Yea they campaign on that but I don't think they really give a flying s**t after the votes are counted.

Let me tell you for a FACT when the price of fuel went to $4 we started seeing fuel surcharges for the trucking companies hauling our products all over the country. These were large surcharges... Guess what we did as a company? Yeah, raised the price of products just enough to cover those charges. Soon we got a price increase from our raw material supplier due to fuel surcharges... I think you know how we responded. ALL of the increase sales prices where a direct response to the increase on a gallon of gas. We never put one extra penny in our pockets from the price increase.
Now if that happed to a company making one product that goes into an assembly of 1000's of pieces (a car) then what happens to the price of the products that we all purchase? Just buy a gallon of milk at the grocery. The cows still make the same amount, we have not seen the great milk shortage, yet the price has doubled in the past 10 years. The ONLY thing that changed was the price of fuel in the trucks that takes that milk from the farm and to the store.
mmmm, milk and cookies sounds good right now.

Our business is up and everyone is paying us. Best year we have had since 08, I would say the economy has picked up in the last year. I hope 2014 is better.
Oh and by the way all the money we lost in our 401k is back plus!!!

Our business is up and everyone is paying us. Best year we have had since 08, I would say the economy has picked up in the last year. I hope 2014 is better.
Oh and by the way all the money we lost in our 401k is back plus!!!

And it is all the "Savior Obama's" doing! I am SOOO happy we have him back for a second term to fix all our issues.

Had another Obama care issue arise today. Brokers who sell individual health insurance are being pushed out of the ACA loop.....they are going to put many independent health brokers out of business. How is this helping small business in the united states?

govt.jpg

And it is all the "Savior Obama's" doing! I am SOOO happy we have him back for a second term to fix all our issues.

Had another Obama care issue arise today. Brokers who sell individual health insurance are being pushed out of the ACA loop.....they are going to put many independent health brokers out of business. How is this helping small business in the united states?

Im not giving credit to the current admin for our businessFGL Shop (11).jpg recovery. We scaled back our business and cut some services to increase profits. Reduced overhead and a better core group of customers that pay on time and are realistic. The 401k is a shame that its only back to where it was plus some but we bought low for years so now that it is up we are seeing an increase.

Just got some interesting news.... Get ready to pay through the nose for salt again. Supposed shortage and its going to double in price.

Im not giving credit to the current admin for our recovery. We scaled back our business and cut some services to increase profits. Reduced overhead and a better core group of customers that pay on time and are realistic.

That is exactly what I did too. Although we were very busy this past year also.

Back