I have a question

We were told last night at City Council that we went to order salt, and they tried to jack the price on it and say we could not order any. City Manager pushed back, and they are shipping us more salt.

She's absolutely right with respect to the "Presidential Rankings". Doesn't change the
data regarding the stock market and how you would do under republicans versus
democrats.

The author is some financial planner dude in Westerville, not a professional
writer.

And more importantly she says she is a die hard democrat and even she couldn't believe how ridiculously lop sided to the Democrat party the book was. She could easily see how people could take the info in that book and run with it. She didn't give the book a good rating. Coming from a staunch democrat that's pretty bad.

The market will correct itself. I worry when it rallies like this.
think of the market like it is JS7. You get the idea.
That was for you john259!

This was on the news this morning. My co-workers had plenty of comments afterward.
We lose an Ohio based American GM automotive manufacturing facility, only to have it later re-opened owned by the Chinese.

Chinese Biz to Put Plant at Former Ohio GM Site
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/chinese-biz-put-plant-ohio-gm-site-21489097

I also caught a news clip a week or so back, believe it was on PBS-The News Hour, college professor that had been working on a middle class study, reported that the general public needs to be made aware that the old mindset and teachings of "get a good education, work hard and save your nickels and dimes and you'll live a good life and enjoy a comfortable retirement", Her comments and findings were "Those days are over and the game has changed".

She's correct, because as they say, the deck is stacked against you.
A person better come up with a better strategy than that.

We're headed into a whole new era boys, and the US Government is helping put us there!

You folks in eastern and northeastern Ohio should really appreciate the energy economic boom your area is experiencing. Anecdotally, my electrician brother-in-law is working 10/7 just outside of Wheeling. Had he just stayed at home in Columbus he would be sitting and waiting for his union to call him. This boom is happening in spite of the federal government. The shame is the entire country would be booming if not for the government.

And the real shame is that federal deficit spending used to create dependency while maintaining a false sense of well being is on the backs of our youth and future generations.

Oh, never mind anything I said. I'm not a professional writer. But then again maybe I am. I'm a professional and I can write. I even had some college courses. Well, go ahead and listen to me. It's good.

And the real shame is that federal deficit spending used to create dependency while maintaining a false sense of well being is on the backs of our youth and future generations.

Another issue of our governments dysfunctional thinking. The whole ongoing argument right now over renewing the expired "Temporary" 5 year old emergency extension bill on Unemployment benifits, Democrats and the administration insisting on it, yet it has been stated that it essentially boils down to paying for it (Billions of $$$) with money borrowed from China.

We were told last night at City Council that we went to order salt, and they tried to jack the price on it and say we could not order any. City Manager pushed back, and they are shipping us more salt.

Another sore subject to me.
I realize the importance of clear driving pavement for emergency vehicles but the salt useage here in Ohio is rediculous.
My eyes were opened up when we began spending time in Montana viisting daughter. The winter conditions out there are nothing short of brutal and was told they use no salt.

They have junk vehicles sitting in cow pastures that are in better body shape than half the vehicles on Ohio roads.

The stock market is currently being artifically driven by "quantitative easing". You pull the plug on the money printing presses, and the market crashes.

QE is being, uhh, eased as of the last meeting of the Fed board of governors in Dec. Market went up on
the announcement but we'll see as they slowly stop buying bonds.

Back