New 2014 KTM 85 Sxs

I love the KTM, I think it's an awesome bike. I agree with everything you said, except for the part about blaming the bike. My son knows better than to blame the bike.

I think that parents need to look at their finances and see where they are at. It doesn't seem to matter that much in the 85 class. Down at Loretta's this year it was a sea of colors in the 85 class. (The 65 class was a sea of orange).

My son is really not that fast. So were not even trying for Loretta's. We're just going to have a ton of fun this year. Like racing a couple of the amateur days at the pro nationals, racing a couple of GNCC's, a couple races in Michigan, and maybe the Baja brawl.

if your riding and racing for fun, then it makes no difference what you ride. but if you are grooming your kid to be the next jason lawerance then you will want the best you can get. the amatuer riders nowadays take it more seriously then pros did 10yrs ago. they have their own trainers, tracks, motorhomes and sponsors. i think its rediculous the time and money that is spent on amatuer racing when no one really looks at anyone below 250b for a pro contract. ride and have fun. so many kids are mini stars and fade when they hit big bikes. and others like brayton and dungey come alive when they get to big bikes. kids blame the bikes all the time, if you havent seen it stand near the finish line or follow a kid crying back to his camp and see what he says.

if your riding and racing for fun, then it makes no difference what you ride. but if you are grooming your kid to be the next jason lawerance then you will want the best you can get. the amatuer riders nowadays take it more seriously then pros did 10yrs ago. they have their own trainers, tracks, motorhomes and sponsors. i think its rediculous the time and money that is spent on amatuer racing when no one really looks at anyone below 250b for a pro contract. ride and have fun. so many kids are mini stars and fade when they hit big bikes. and others like brayton and dungey come alive when they get to big bikes. kids blame the bikes all the time, if you havent seen it stand near the finish line or follow a kid crying back to his camp and see what he says.

I hope nobody's grooming their kid to be the next Jason Lawrence. LOL!

Yz' 80/85's have historically been wide open top end monsters. They love to ridden in the high revs and on the top.

Back