$93/ mo just to watch 16 SX races, 12 Outdoor Nationals and some Arenacrosses...

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Ok so DirecTV just gave me a 3.7% rate increase in the mail today. I got a 1% raise last year.

Direc TV gets a 3.7% raise.
Time Warner Cable internet got a 19% raise (My internet went from 44.99 a mo/ to 54.99 a mo/) Not including the $5 LEASE fee I now pay for equipment that I never used to have to pay for before last year.

I'm looking into Digital Antenna's, and ponder about getting a subscription to Hulu Plus for $7.99/mo. It has all the prime time shows just a day later. I can wait day...

Anybody have a HD digital antenna? I'm so sick and tired of Satellite TV. All I do is pay $93 a month so I can record Supercross. That's all I really watch, the rest of these damn channels suck. And of course I can't just order FOX sports 1 by itself and have the basic channels....NOOOOOO. I'm sick of it.

If I ride every thursday that's my DirecTV bill. It's way better than paying $93 a month to watch commercials and shitty shows.

http://www.digitalhdsource.com/hd204.html

resize
Orca Impulse Antenna......thinking about this one....

Where ya riding on Thursday? Apple?

No I thought we were gambling on Thursday?? I'm feelin' hot Todd.

That's a good point though....in the winter months when I'm not riding that saves me more money to put back into riding during the fair-weather months.......So that's $270 I can put towards.....a new pair of BOOTS in march instead of paying for this stupid ass DirecTV !!!! GRRRRRRR

We ditched cable about 6 months ago. The ONLY thing I miss is being able to watch SX here. We have an antenna (just digital rabit ears right now), netflix and hulu plus. I watch netflix most of the time. A lot of good shows/documentrys on there. I don't like Hulu, but the wife does. So whatever. We have a Roku box, which works out really nice. There is an app called "The moto network". Has some moto movies on there. I thought I'd really miss cable. Not one bit. and I sure don't miss the bill.

BIll480, What do you mean, "newsgroups"?

Yeah, I like the cable I have, but the bill is killer. I mean, if it was chump change to me, it would be one thing, but unforntunately it's not. I have hundreds of channels and I view only about a handful of them. Definately a bummer, but can't get rid of it yet. My wife is partial to having her TV available. Doesn't watch it as much as she used to, but not thinking it would be a fun discussion if I got rid of it...yet. I feel your pain...

I just discussed it with Kristi, I showed her that all her shows she DVR's are available on Hulu plus the next day. No DVR needed. And it's only $8/mo.

We ditched cable about 6 months ago. The ONLY thing I miss is being able to watch SX here. We have an antenna (just digital rabit ears right now), netflix and hulu plus. I watch netflix most of the time. A lot of good shows/documentrys on there. I don't like Hulu, but the wife does. So whatever. We have a Roku box, which works out really nice. There is an app called "The moto network". Has some moto movies on there. I thought I'd really miss cable. Not one bit. and I sure don't miss the bill.

BIll480, What do you mean, "newsgroups"?

Similar to torrents but gooder...

Run services on PC to keep track of and fetch new eps of all my shows:

OYXgqAC.jpg

And use XBMC on media center PC to play it all

Nothing??? I wouldn't have a clue how to set up what ever your acronym wielding fingers typed back there. So figuring out how to just turn it on gets pretty tough for us old guys.

Kids these days......

Torrents are pretty cool. You download from seeders.....and you download parts of the file. The more uploading seeders, the faster the download. You need to dload the torrent file and then use another program. (I like transmission, that will dload the file from seeders)

Just do a google search on it hershey.....I used to get a lot of movies and music albums in college through torrents. They dload so fast.....you can get every HBO show probably a day later....actually True blood this year was available 2 hours after it aired thanks to some ambitious seeders!

Google: Bittorrent

Everyone gets cable bill increases once a year, Its the networks raising prices not the providers. And the reason you cant just get 1 channel is because Nazi's like fox own about everything and these networks make the cable providers buy channels in packages also.

Back