Hi I'm TP199, Just mangled myself up doing a front flip.....

TP is really gonna feel like $hit in a few years ( take it from a grumpy , bunged-up , old MXer ) . Yes , I watch him too but I'm always wondering in the back of my mind if this will be the stunt that cripples or kills him . He is a charismatic , likable young man with an apparent adrenaline addiction and , IMO , more ball$ than brains . He may be laughing all the way to the bank but is it worth it if he has to go there in a wheel chair or on a gurney for the rest of his days ?

TP is really gonna feel like $hit in a few years ( take it from a grumpy , bunged-up , old MXer ) . Yes , I watch him too but I'm always wondering in the back of my mind if this will be the stunt that cripples or kills him . He is a charismatic , likable young man with an apparent adrenaline addiction and , IMO , more ball$ than brains . He may be laughing all the way to the bank but is it worth it if he has to go there in a wheel chair or on a gurney for the rest of his days ?

Probably right, but he will grow old knowing he tried to do everything he wanted, no regrets. He did it his way.

Probably right, but he will grow old knowing he tried to do everything he wanted, no regrets. He did it his way.

x2

If I worried about feeling like crap when I got older, I would have quit MX a long, long time ago... Probably before I got started I am thinking...

Ask Doug henry if he has regrets......

I know he is on the "fringe" with what he does. I could care less if he is walking with a walker, or in a wheel chair, that is his choice. But sometimes I think he pushes the envelope a little far. But as for the Beer Bong deal, how many of you have said on here that you want our sport at the next level? You want to be taken seriously? People not in the know, think when you say motocross, your talking metal mulisha.........Those shirts at Wal Mart, those guys on MTV (or whatever channel the crap is on). When was the last time you saw a mainstream face of NASCAR in a photo with a beer bong? Right, you haven't. Their handlers are smart enough to know those are NOT the photos you want to keep their guy getting offers of sponsorship. This Target would sign a contract with Ryan Dungey if he had photos all over the net of him Beer Bonging? Correct, they wouldn't. I am the FURTHEST thing from a soccer parent. My opinions are not even close to them, but smart enough to know what is bad press, and what is good press for our sport.

I know he is on the "fringe" with what he does. I could care less if he is walking with a walker, or in a wheel chair, that is his choice. But sometimes I think he pushes the envelope a little far. But as for the Beer Bong deal, how many of you have said on here that you want our sport at the next level? You want to be taken seriously? People not in the know, think when you say motocross, your talking metal mulisha.........Those shirts at Wal Mart, those guys on MTV (or whatever channel the crap is on). When was the last time you saw a mainstream face of NASCAR in a photo with a beer bong? Right, you haven't. Their handlers are smart enough to know those are NOT the photos you want to keep their guy getting offers of sponsorship. This Target would sign a contract with Ryan Dungey if he had photos all over the net of him Beer Bonging? Correct, they wouldn't. I am the FURTHEST thing from a soccer parent. My opinions are not even close to them, but smart enough to know what is bad press, and what is good press for our sport.

You clearly havent seen a whole lot of Tony Stewert have you?

His future may well be determined more by coup/contrecoup injuries rather than the obvious mangled joints and mended bones.

Hmm, last time I checked, drinking beer is 100 percent legal!! as stated above take your soccer mom chess playing thoughts some where else, this is a motocross forum, not a place to paint your nails.

Was this suppose to be insulting?

A soccer mom playing chess while painting her nails that never heard of motocross could come up with something better than that.

I mean to say, TPP is the man.

I wouldn't say travis is anything related to motocross. He's more considered a side street of Jackass, who just happened to be a professional mx racer ten years ago...who just happened to drive rally cars.....who had a good run in Nascar......who......who doesn't love Travis?!!?1?

I mean throwing helmets at hoods is harmless.....nobody got hurt. Except that helmet sponsor..........."dang there's goes another helmet we have to supply."

Really, I mean you NEVER see anything like that in Nascar!!! (but in all fairness a beer bong in a hospital room is a little different story)

2012-11-19T003356Z_1391968808_GM1E8BJ0NQF01_RTRMADP_3_USA-SPRINT-CUP.jpg

I saw Chad Reed take a sip of champagne. He also sprayed it at the fans. No Class!

WOW I hope none of you guys are on my jury. ha ha.

Maybe TP199 was so wasted on his Morphine pump in the hospital, that he did not realize he was drinking beer!

Cause Morphine is alright. Right?

Back