Aldon Baker

I would think once you have trained with him for a year or two you figure out his philosophy and be able to do things on your own.

He trained your buddy too.

I read some place he likes to have one main trainee, he may allow another rider to train but only if the first agrees and there isnt any friction or distraction.

What is this guys deal? He has worked with all the top riders in the sport, but seems to work with them for a couple years and moves onto someone else. Always seemed a bit weird to me why he did not stay with a rider longer. He was with RV, but now is training Dungey, Roczen, and AC in the 250s. So who is training RV now?

http://motocross.transworld.net/1000156895/news/trainer-talk-aldon-baker/
Unless I read different... He is training rv kr and ac not the dunge

Unless I read different... He is training rv kr and ac not the dunge

Yeah yo are correct. Did Aldon ever ride? He also trains them on the track. Did not know this until I saw the CBS special on SX Sunday. Did you guys see that? Really depicted the exclusive company of the top riders and their training habits and how they are second to none. Guess it's a 5 program series. Next one in February. Really a high tech dealio going on at the Millsaps Training Facility... All kinds of machines, etc. to be hooked up to...

Yeah yo are correct. Did Aldon ever ride? He also trains them on the track. Did not know this until I saw the CBS special on SX Sunday. Did you guys see that? Really depicted the exclusive company of the top riders and their training habits and how they are second to none. Guess it's a 5 program series. Next one in February. Really a high tech dealio going on at the Millsaps Training Facility... All kinds of machines, etc. to be hooked up to...

Professional Motocross in 2014 is not fun. In emig's days it may have been fun. Not anymore. I got it easy. All I have to do is go to work. And then enjoy riding my dirtbike....it's gotta suck to be RV or Roczen. Eff that.

Professional Motocross in 2014 is not fun. In emig's days it may have been fun. Not anymore. I got it easy. All I have to do is go to work. And then enjoy riding my dirtbike....it's gotta suck to be RV or Roczen. Eff that.

Watching an interview with RV, he straight up said its not what its all cracked up to be, your life is motocross, you eat breathe sleep, and bleed motocross, if not, your not on top. Your life is motocross. DOnt get me wrong I love motocross, but to make it consume my life, my job, and everythign else, ehhh.. Ill go make plastic at Lubrizol.

I would assume it’s safe to say that every professional at the top of their game is consumed by whatever it is their on top of.
If not, it’s only a short time before someone else this is ah---more?... consumed and is able to top you.
K-Rock is having fun…
Reed is having fun…
Bubba is having fun…
Alessi...I’m not so sure…
WTF does RV expect?

It's the name of the game now, and all of those guys can thank RC for making it so. He came in and upped the ante to get to the top by hard work over natural talent…… and it's never going back now. Each passing of the torch has it's innovation and the pass to RC was non stop hard work and training.

It's not fun like it was in McGrath and Fro's days for sure. No parties at the lake, water skiing and Jet skiing, drinking all night and getting up late to hit the track the next afternoon.

It's the name of the game now, and all of those guys can thank RC for making it so. He came in and upped the ante to get to the top by hard work over natural talent…… and it's never going back now. Each passing of the torch has it's innovation and the pass to RC was non stop hard work and training.

It's not fun like it was in McGrath and Fro's days for sure. No parties at the lake, water skiing and Jet skiing, drinking all night and getting up late to hit the track the next afternoon.

I wonder if you took some riders from today and turned back time what the outcome of history would be.
I also wonder if you took riders of yesterday and brought them forward in time......would they be as great as they are considered or would they crumble?

I really feel like Weston Peick could of been Jeremy McGrath in McGrath's day.....But could McGrath be Peick in Peick's today?

I remember seeing a video of RC training . It was so intense it was almost scary . I'm not trying to take away from his legacy but I believe there were some racers from way back that were into training before RC was born . Broc Glover , David Bailey , and Jeff Ward come to mind , so it wasn't all booze , broads , and broken rental cars . There were also tales of how rigorously some of the Europeans ( some even from communist countries ) trained way back when they kicked our butts routinely .

I've always thought that raw riding talent was a God given gift . Not saying that hard work and practice do not develop talent/skills , but don't we all know a racer or two who can be off a bike for literally years , borrow a bike , and wax about everybody ? I've seen AHRMA racer s in their 70's and 80's ( One who was World champion the year I was born ! ) who are still smooth and fast to this day and can outpace much " younger " riders .

It would be great to somehow take past champions and phenoms , in their primes , from all eras of the sport, and have them race head to head . It can't happen but it is fun to contemplate the outcome . We all have our favorites .

The technology of training has changed big time. Back in the 80's and 90's we did not know our max heart rate on a bicycle, we did not know our oxygen saturation levels, we were not aware of lung capacity and I doubt anyone was eating gluten free bird food. Nevertheless, the top riders where mostly physically fit beasts (Some like Lechien could show up drunk and still win). Outside of the fancy gizmo's, the riders of today are doing the exact same workout as the riders back then. Ryan Hughes is one of the top trainers today and he (I assume) is showing them the same stuff he did back in the day.
Every generation has its superstar. Comparing them to one another makes for some good bench racing but really amounts to nothing more then that. I think we can all agree it takes a lot more then being fit to win races. Outdoors are still 30 min plus 2 laps. Supercross is still 20 laps. You can look back on all those superstars and one commonality is apparent. The last lap is the just as fast as the first lap.
If i had to pick one rider to win a race in their prime vs. all the other riders in their prime... I would take Rick Johnson in a last lap pass of Mc., RC would round out the podium.

Georgie... comparing Peick to McGrath may be the single dumbest thing ANYONE has ever posted on this or any other board... Smack yourself right now...

Back