A new Low in Heath

NQ1965

PR Elite
-22 below this morning in Heath. My poor little car had to run for a half hour before the headlights would come on.

I hate the thought of what these temps are doing to my bikes in the garage. I do know that after a long cold spell like this, once it starts warming up, they collect a lot of moisture.

Funny you mention. I had put off putting fluids back in mine after rebuild, then last weekend I couldn't take it and filled it up so I could let it run.

Engine Ice is rated to -26° for anti-freeze protection. We seem to be cutting it close here, never expected it to be an issue!

nah, it'll stay a little warmer than that, but I'm sure it's gotta be around zero or colder though. Doesn't help that I still have thin uninsulated fiberglass garage door.

Got home from work Sunday and noticed my MX250 (Poor Tom) which is nearest to the door, forks seals leaking from just setting and the cold.
Even my street bike has gained a significant amount of rust on the exhaust and frame from just setting in the garage. Once the metals get that cold, they hold those temps and then warm very slowly, then any humidity in the air becomes condensate on the surfaces. It's wierd to actually see them sweating.

Then another concern is field mice. With 7 or 8 gluetraps placed in the garage we've cought 3 mice already. Little bastards will go anyplace they can get heat.
My dad used to feed and bed his dogs in his garage, the damn mice filled the clutch bell housing on his truck up with dog food. Middle of winter had to do a clutch job. Still got photos of that mess somewhere. But worst of all they were up in the engine compartment of his brand new Buick.

Damn! I thought you were going to say that the Lowe's track was going to open back up this year.

Rode there twice.
Wife didn't like the way the jumps were built and said the track just gave her a bad vibe. She wasn't disappointed when Newark shut'm down.

The only other riders I saw there was Gonz and Freeh.

I've had good luck by keeping the bikes in my garage wrapped in old blankets/sheets. Seems to work pretty good.

-22 below this morning in Heath. My poor little car had to run for a half hour before the headlights would come on.

I hate the thought of what these temps are doing to my bikes in the garage. I do know that after a long cold spell like this, once it starts warming up, they collect a lot of moisture.

I could think of an existing low in Heath that is much lower, but I will remain silent on that given the good news we have just been given.

In the first week of december Lowes had a sale on spray-in insulation. Home Depot wanted 88 cents a square foot or a 1.01 installed, and I got it for 0.18 a sq/ft. Cost me $108 plus tax to do it. AT home depot they wanted $528 DIY or $606 installed! WIN! I rented the machine free with a 10 bag purchase. Bought 10 bags of that stuff and insulated 600sq foot of garage attic for about $108. Money well spent because it's noticeably warmer in there even though I haven't ran my gas line to a natural gas heater in the garage yet. WAiting for those to go on sale....

I went out to check on my lawn mower in my shed and there's frost everywhere in the shed.....I'm worried about that thing.....

I could think of an existing low in Heath that is much lower, but I will remain silent on that given the good news we have just been given.

I'm not certain, but I may have been thinking what you were thinking before I opened the thread... :(

right now its -6 with a windchill of-23. I work outside all day, sometimes in elevated locations. So yesterday they cancelled work (good for my fingers and toes, bad for my wallet).. but today, it must be ok to be out in the elements because around 2pm the windchill will be at -4, which is so much warmer. lol sorry had to vent.. the people making these decisions dont step away from their heated offices much..

both of our garages are heated to about 40 degrees, so bikes, mowers, cars all stay nice and cozy.

And again.

Actually felt colder this morning than yesterday.
My front storm door glass is a solid sheet of ice, and the door is very stiff to open, and then the door closer won't work to close it. It took even longer for my car headlights to come on. And we have a lot more street lights out.

Ohio temperature map.JPG
Heath Oh Temperature.JPG

I'm an HVACR tech in my job, and all my plant heaters, furnaces, and boilers are all running full maxed out and can't keep up, and I can't
remember having a busier winter.

Ah, no way? Your gonna leave us hanging like that?

And again.

Actually felt colder this morning than yesterday.
My front storm door glass is a solid sheet of ice, and the door is very stiff to open, and then the door closer won't work to close it. It took even longer for my car headlights to come on. And we have a lot more street lights out.

View attachment 14143
View attachment 14144

I'm an HVACR tech in my job, and all my plant heaters, furnaces, and boilers are all running full maxed out and can't keep up, and I can't
remember having a busier winter.

Ah, no way? Your gonna leave us hanging like that?

See the Honda/Battle thread.......

See the Honda/Battle thread.......

Another missed opportunity to support a potential customer base.
I can walk to their store in 15 minutes from my house, but instead I'll buy online or make a roadtrip before I buy or place an order through them.

Another missed opportunity to support a potential customer base.
I can walk to their store in 15 minutes from my house, but instead I'll buy online or make a roadtrip before I buy or place an order through them.

It's really unfortunate, and it will never change given the current decision maker.

Back