Anaheim 3

John250

PR Founding Father
Anyone catch Reeds comment about the track was close to being a "goat path"? Pretty funny.

hindsy

PR Addict
Redneck comment on the "goat path". I think Emig and the 3rd seat guys are being rubbed off on by Shaheen! Everytime someone runs through the whoops near a guy they are "making a run" even though they are not any closer then the previous laps. They at least lowered the number of times "quad" was spoken.
I enjoyed the motos for sure! racing is tight if you ask me. Love the 22 looking good!

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
ROCZEN DID THE QUAD! OH THAT REALLY HELPED HIM OUT ALOT, LETS SEE IF HE CAN CAPITILIZE ON THAT IN THIS NEXT RHYTHM.

...capitilize on hitting the quad.....so he could pass someone on the next straight rhythm section...when the lap before.....Reed did the quad so there really wasn't any advantage at all....they stayed roughly equidistant. Ralphies a retard.

trent56mx

PR Addict
The quad actually consisted of 4 jumps this time.

The "New York" round is in NJ.

Poto was sick of Anaheim before the first one was over.

John250

PR Founding Father
I wonder why Anaheim 1 is a packed house, sold out. A2 and A3...not so much.....

Probably because MX fans are not going to pay to go to three races in 5 weeks! It is totally stupid (except it saves Feld money) to have three races in one location.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Probably because MX fans are not going to pay to go to three races in 5 weeks! It is totally stupid (except it saves Feld money) to have three races in one location.

Yeah, wonder if they will return to Dodger stadium at some point? Would be cool to have another one of the 3 at the L.A. Coliseum...up the stairs, around, and back down. Always thought that was cool when I went to a Mickey Thompson event there once. Thinking they had a SX there once. Wasn't it Sebastion Tortelli's rookie year and he won it or something?

Vargo671

PR Addict
Yeah, wonder if they will return to Dodger stadium at some point? Would be cool to have another one of the 3 at the L.A. Coliseum...up the stairs, around, and back down. Always thought that was cool when I went to a Mickey Thompson event there once. Thinking they had a SX there once. Wasn't it Sebastion Tortelli's rookie year and he won it or something?

Wasnt it a regular stop in the 80's? I remember Ricky Johnson winning from dead last, past Cooper on the last lap I believe.

halffast

PR Elite
Wasn't the very first " Super Bowl of Motocross " , more or less the birth of SX , held at the L.A. Coliseum ? Marty Tripes ( about 300 lbs. lighter than now ) won one of those at the age of 16 or 17 against all the big names of the day . Still loved the early tracks best with sand pits , water holes , over/under passes , and trips up through the stands with big drop-away jumps coming back down . Cali should not get as many races as they do . Has to be some more venues that would/could hold a SX . Spread it around !

I thought Dungey finally had his bike sorted out until he ate it . He turned some fast laps working his way up and it is a shame to see him drop so many points . Still my pick as champ but has a hole to dig out of now . Roczen's KTM looked dialed in . Reed's bike was awesome and seemed to give him all the suspension , handling , and motor he needed to keep the rest of the best at bay . He just might win it all .

Anybody else think Cooper Webb has a title in his future ? Showing a lot of speed and maturity already . Seeley needs to find a lucky charm or something . Hope the East measures up to what we're seeing from the West .

D

DTS

Wasnt it a regular stop in the 80's? I remember Ricky Johnson winning from dead last, past Cooper on the last lap I believe.

I have a DVD of that race. It puts me on the edge of my seat every time I watch it!

Strouble

PR Addict
Racer X reports Dungey took Stewart out at A3. They didn't show the crash on tv...just him remounting.

hershey

PR Elite
Racer X reports Dungey took Stewart out at A3. They didn't show the crash on tv...just him remounting.

"Let’s talk about two recurring themes here: The Quad and Angry Dunge. Just like last week in Oakland, a big quad jump materialized, first jumped by Eli Tomac in practice. In the main, James Stewart pulled the trigger to make a run at the leaders, but Dungey—again, in a move more aggressive than usual—stepped up to match Stewart over it. Then Dungey ran it in on Stewart in a corner and sent Stewart to the ground. A lap later, Dungey crashed at the end of the whoops and broke his clutch lever off, ending his night (he couldn’t ride with the lever dangling near his front wheel). Angry Dunge has been aggressive, but hasn’t finished on the podium, and the night’s DNF puts him in a huge points hole.

Stewart’s race was ruined by the Dungey knock down. No telling if he and Dungey would have been able to make a run at Villopoto, but, using the quad, they were getting close at times, but weren’t quite close enough to put the pressure on."

Yep, here is the quote. Looks like JS7 wasnt the usual john259 likes. Usual for JS7 this year, patient and fast. The Dunge has become the Bam Bam. He is the one John259 needs to take the anger out on! On the ground all the time and blatently taking riders out every week!