Favorite Vintage racing class

Mike-Back when I started in 98, AHRMA had a great Mid-West series. OH, KY, IL, WI, MI-I had a blast racing 250 sportsman/30 plus expert on my 1973 C'zed 250. Do you know what year that Honda Hills pic was taken ?

Scott - You got me mixed up with the post made by AHRMA479 (aka John Ziska) with the red Honda #479 in the photo. My bike is next to his #361. That picture was at Casey in 2000 or 2001 as I recall. I raced his Elsinore at Grattan Mi. that year when my bike seized in practice or moto 1 (can't remember which) and I Holeshot the next moto by a mile! That thing was a beast compared to my CR125 with a GEM reed, ported cylinder etc. I had won races with mine before that day and thought I had a rocket. #479 was a whole different level bike.

Scott - You got me mixed up with the post made by AHRMA479 (aka John Ziska) with the red Honda #479 in the photo. My bike is next to his #361. That picture was at Casey in 2000 or 2001 as I recall. I raced his Elsinore at Grattan Mi. that year when my bike seized in practice or moto 1 (can't remember which) and I Holeshot the next moto by a mile! That thing was a beast compared to my CR125 with a GEM reed, ported cylinder etc. I had won races with mine before that day and thought I had a rocket. #479 was a whole different level bike.

Some of my fondest memories were at AHRMA races. Mike, (At Grattan) I remember we were on the back part of the track and I was instructing you on how to ride that beast. My only words were: NEVER, I repeat NEVER let off from WFO, in the turns hold it WFO and just clutch it. I remember that start you had them by at least 20 bikes into the turn. You cant BUY stories like that !

I also built a bike for the Late Rick Phillips to ride, I remember he did the same thing Mike did, he holeshotted everyone in Florida one year. I was standing at the first turn and I just saw that CR ON the rear wheel crossed up flying down the start straight.
This was in the pits at Honda Hills.

Attachments

• DSC00015.jpg
    DSC00015.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 121

Ops I saw your bike in the pic and thought it was you Mike.

Mike-Back when I started in 98, AHRMA had a great Mid-West series. OH, KY, IL, WI, MI-I had a blast racing 250 sportsman/30 plus expert on my 1973 C'zed 250. Do you know what year that Honda Hills pic was taken ?

Scott,

We'd believe your story if only you could provide us some pic's of you and this CZ? :) (hee hee)

Mike,I may be wrong but that photo was from either west va. or georgia in 02 cuz that's my flying toaster sitting there and I don't remember pitting with you guys at casey

Back