Indy......SPOILER

Nice to see RD5 win one but he is still 20 something points in second. RV has to DNF or something for him to win.
but possible
Nice come back for RV2 from the back.

If he is that fast, what is with hem not winning his heat race?
3rd place? Something does not add up. Or maybe he is human after all.

1 1 Ryan Villopoto Seattle, WA 184 18 25 16 25 20 22 18 22 18
2 5 Ryan Dungey Belle Plaine, MN 161 22 20 15 18 1 18 22 20 25
3 94 Ken Roczen Murrieta, CA 158 25 15 20 15 22 20 15 25 1
4 7 James Stewart Haines City, FL 154 4 18 22 22 14 25 25 10 14
5 10 Justin Brayton Cornelius, NC 143 15 22 18 16 15 12 16 16 13
6 22 Chad Reed Dade City, FL 111 20 12 25 20 25 9
7 51 Justin Barcia Pinetta, FL 109 16 16 10 14 18 15 20
8 29 Andrew Short Smithville, TX 109 12 14 12 11 12 11 11 11 15
9 23 William Hahn Menifee, CA 93 10 11 9 13 9 13 18 10
10 20 Broc Tickle Holly, MI 93 13 13 10 13 14 14 16
11 40 Weston Peick Wildomar, CA 68 5 1 14 1 16 16 1 13 1
12 9 Ivan Tedesco Murrieta, CA 62 1 9 8 9 11 8 9 7
13 75 Joshua Hill Yoncalla, OR 58 3 13 10 12 8 12
14 33 Joshua Grant Corona, CA 56 14 7 10 4 12 9
15 800 Mike Alessi Hilliard, FL 55 9 4 3 8 1 7 2 15 6
16 27 Nicholas Wey Murrieta, CA 52 8 6 6 8 4 7 5 8
17 12 Jacob Weimer Rupert, ID 50 11 3 11 12 13
18 3 Eli Tomac Cortez, CO 48 1 14 10 1 22
19 44 Matthew Goerke Temecula, CA 41 1 6 5 5 3 6 6 9
20 11 Kyle Chisholm Valrico, FL 29 5 4 3 8 4 5

Nice to see RD5 win one but he is still 20 something points in second. RV has to DNF or something for him to win.
but possible
Nice come back for RV2 from the back.

If he is that fast, what is with hem not winning his heat race?
3rd place? Something does not add up. Or maybe he is human after all.

1 1 Ryan Villopoto Seattle, WA 184 18 25 16 25 20 22 18 22 18
2 5 Ryan Dungey Belle Plaine, MN 161 22 20 15 18 1 18 22 20 25
3 94 Ken Roczen Murrieta, CA 158 25 15 20 15 22 20 15 25 1
4 7 James Stewart Haines City, FL 154 4 18 22 22 14 25 25 10 14
5 10 Justin Brayton Cornelius, NC 143 15 22 18 16 15 12 16 16 13
6 22 Chad Reed Dade City, FL 111 20 12 25 20 25 9
7 51 Justin Barcia Pinetta, FL 109 16 16 10 14 18 15 20
8 29 Andrew Short Smithville, TX 109 12 14 12 11 12 11 11 11 15
9 23 William Hahn Menifee, CA 93 10 11 9 13 9 13 18 10
10 20 Broc Tickle Holly, MI 93 13 13 10 13 14 14 16
11 40 Weston Peick Wildomar, CA 68 5 1 14 1 16 16 1 13 1
12 9 Ivan Tedesco Murrieta, CA 62 1 9 8 9 11 8 9 7
13 75 Joshua Hill Yoncalla, OR 58 3 13 10 12 8 12
14 33 Joshua Grant Corona, CA 56 14 7 10 4 12 9
15 800 Mike Alessi Hilliard, FL 55 9 4 3 8 1 7 2 15 6
16 27 Nicholas Wey Murrieta, CA 52 8 6 6 8 4 7 5 8
17 12 Jacob Weimer Rupert, ID 50 11 3 11 12 13
18 3 Eli Tomac Cortez, CO 48 1 14 10 1 22
19 44 Matthew Goerke Temecula, CA 41 1 6 5 5 3 6 6 9
20 11 Kyle Chisholm Valrico, FL 29 5 4 3 8 4 5

He is not that fast compared to others that night. JS made up much more ground than RV. If JS had started where RV did after their first lap problems he would have broke into the top 3. RV didnt seem to ride the rough stuff as well as some of the other riders.

John.....the track was really brutal. The tv doesnt do it justice. It seemed most every rider went down in practice a few times. It was that tough. If the top guys are saying its rough then Im sure it is. Maybe you should show them how to do it!

Ya I think Vilop. is going to have at least one bad race to make the racing a lot closer. Everyone else has.

If RV has one bad race the next 3 guys are within a few points of one another. That would be an awesome battle till the end!

Either way 2nd is a great battle right now!

Oh, I did not say I could show them how. BUT......I think it is great to have a track that even challenges the top pros. Tracks become a challenge for us at our level....why not have a track that is difficult for them too. The freeways where they are in air 35 seconds of the 59 second lap time does not challenge most of the guys on the gate these days. They are way too good.

I liked to see it challenging, but it was a little sketchy seeing them all wad it up. In one practice session I saw villapoto on the ground 3 times. Im all for a tough track for them, but I'd rather see as many of them as possible still on the gate in the last round!! The track I think was OK but the dirt was really soft.

Over a month of 0-10 degree weather, snow on the ground for two straight months, and the NFL combine in there until the 25th. All this made for soft dirt. Indy has had their worse winter in 30 years.

The dirt was perfect. Much improved over the concrete they have been running on. If the gate would have been on a longer straight then the track would have been perfect as well. We all know I have been preaching on bigger whoops and deep ruts so this week it was a double bonus of having both. Had a good time meeting some of our fellow pit'sters until Scoob ruined my weekend by bring up my money going to fund the game room addition to the death star...
As Scoob will attest, I did call the Dung to win by a large margin. The dude is clearly the most fit. He looked as fresh on the last lap as he did the first.
Bring on Daytona and even more ruts.

What was Knox doing there? Indy SX was an AMA and MXsports event!

He must not have known... ????

I can't believe how many people are complaining about the track, being too rutted, too tough for them to have good racing on. These guys are the best motocrossers in the world. They've ridden ruts before! I thought it was a decent change of pace from the super highway SX tracks, that everyone can run the same speed and do the same things on.

Definately not complaining about it on this end. Was a nice change of pace, but the C groups vs. the A groups were still far from each other. maybe even more so making it harder for a up and comer to even finish decent and not get in the way of the top guys.Track was gnarly. Most of us would not have even been able to roll the track let along jump anything of get out of 2nd gear without being carted off... I would say due to this, least competative race of season. If 3 of the top guys wouldn't have went down near first turn, it might have not been that way...

The dirt was perfect. Much improved over the concrete they have been running on. If the gate would have been on a longer straight then the track would have been perfect as well. We all know I have been preaching on bigger whoops and deep ruts so this week it was a double bonus of having both. Had a good time meeting some of our fellow pit'sters until Scoob ruined my weekend by bring up my money going to fund the game room addition to the death star...
As Scoob will attest, I did call the Dung to win by a large margin. The dude is clearly the most fit. He looked as fresh on the last lap as he did the first.
Bring on Daytona and even more ruts.

Yeah, Daytona is always one of my favorites. One of the top 4 I'd go to every year if I was to plan it out... Should be good racing.

BTW- You did say Dungey (I think?) and I thought you knew and were just coming around... ;)

I agree on Dungeys fitness. He also knows when to hang it out and when not too. I've been reading on some other websites about KTM not renewing Dungey's contract at the end of the season. I think they are all crazy. DeCoster loves Dungey, and as long as DeCoster is there, Dungey has a ride. There is also talk of Roczen going to RCH because of his association with Suzuki in the past. I say NO WAY on that one too. He has shown he will be a 450 champion someday, and KTM has the deepest pockets of any team in SX/MX. Hell how many factory riders do they have at all levels and all the different off road series? KTM resigns both those guys.

Lmao....One of Dungey's few weak points everyone talks about is his INABILITY to let it hang out!

The Dunge was due for the win but, as everyone has predicted, it came when the top guys had issues. He could easily be a top superstar breaking records if he had that something extra that let him hang it out when needed. As we saw a few races ago he just isnt comfortable doing so and doesnt know how to do it right. Really nice guy, very likable but boring compared to others with his personality and style of riding. One of the greats for sure but just a bit shy of the all time greats.

No way Dungey will be back with Decoster next year, unless he wins the championship. His replacement has been hired, Decoster will now begin to look for the next young gun. Decoster is about winning, not having an all american, apple pie eatin petty boy riding around the track. Not a Dungy hater, just facts.

Lmao....One of Dungey's few weak points everyone talks about is his INABILITY to let it hang out!

The Dunge was due for the win but, as everyone has predicted, it came when the top guys had issues. He could easily be a top superstar breaking records if he had that something extra that let him hang it out when needed. As we saw a few races ago he just isnt comfortable doing so and doesnt know how to do it right. Really nice guy, very likable but boring compared to others with his personality and style of riding. One of the greats for sure but just a bit shy of the all time greats.

Very similar to Reed I think a few years back. Reed was always the safe guy it seemed and couldn't win unless the top guy(s) were out, hence his only two championships in the big class, correct (he has two only right? Don't feel like looking it up)? Who knows, he may come around. It's kept him healthy. Look at Reed now, faster than ever and hurt...although not his fault this last time really...

Dungey to RCH next year....

At first I said no way, but then I started thinking that could be a good match for Dungey...

Very similar to Reed I think a few years back. Reed was always the safe guy it seemed and couldn't win unless the top guy(s) were out, hence his only two championships in the big class, correct (he has two only right? Don't feel like looking it up)? Who knows, he may come around. It's kept him healthy. Look at Reed now, faster than ever and hurt...although not his fault this last time really...

No... Id say Reed has always been one of the top notch guys. He is one of the all time greats. More podium finishes than anyone. THere was just always one guy he couldnt beat regularly it seemed like. Dungey has a group of guys he cant seem to deal with regularly.

Just my thought anyway.

No... Id say Reed has always been one of the top notch guys. He is one of the all time greats. More podium finishes than anyone. THere was just always one guy he couldnt beat regularly it seemed like. Dungey has a group of guys he cant seem to deal with regularly.

Just my thought anyway.

Yeah..., but there was only one guy mostly that Reed had to beat, RC or JS. Too many fast guys this year. He was the most dominant 2nd place rider for years. I didn't like him back in the day as all he did was complain and whine about no being able to beat them. He's obviously a crap load more mature today so I like him more than ever. Well, that and he rides green...although I started to come around when he was riding Honda's and broke himself...going faster than ever chasing RV down...

I would be willing to bet anyone.......Dungey, and Roczen both return to KTM. KTM has the deep pockets, and like the former and future champions. Mark my word, they both return!

I would be willing to bet anyone.......Dungey, and Roczen both return to KTM. KTM has the deep pockets, and like the former and future champions. Mark my word, they both return!

$100 says the Dunge wont be with Factory KTM next year. His results arent worth it to them any more. I think he has past his prime and heading down hill from here on out. Lets talk about how he has this chance at winning this year........ he only has a few points on Roczen and Stewart. They are just as much in the hunt and much more willing to do what it takes in a crunch situation. Nothing but luck has put him in that position. Remove one bad luck scenario from Roczen or Stewarts rides this year and either one would be ahead. Neither one of them has made bad decisions that caused their current points position to be lower.

If RV has one bad luck race there will be a 3 way fight again. And it is totally possible! It would be nice if it happened without any injury so we could have a great battle of death to the end! Lol. One thing is for sure, its been a great season to watch racing with so much uncertainty of a winner!

If RV has one bad luck race there will be a 3 way fight again. And it is totally possible! It would be nice if it happened without any injury so we could have a great battle of death to the end! Lol. One thing is for sure, its been a great season to watch racing with so much uncertainty of a winner!

4 way actually. Why you have to talk about death yo... ???

Back