It used to be our sport was a little better than most I thought.......

I was taught growing up the "HATE" is a four letter word. And I tell my kids the same. It is weak and closed minded individuals.

Someone tell mookie "push" is a 4 letter word.

oh and zagnuts are disgusting. In 30 years when all the elderly have rightfully passed on that company will go out of business. My pap used to have zagnuts and werthers originals on him 24/7. Werthers are great but zagnuts eww.

Zagnuts aren't bad. They stick to your teeth though. IMO-- MX has never been the same since 4 strokes and aluminum frames..... --L*64

Zagnuts suck......Give me a Clark bar. As for aluminum frames and 4 strokes, I like em.........but the crazy ass mini parents, and the million classes have got to go!

Gates were full at Daytona I'm sure. All those classes aren't going anywhere. One day a select few of them will get to race just two classes in a race day.

Zagnuts suck......Give me a Clark bar. As for aluminum frames and 4 strokes, I like em.........but the crazy ass mini parents, and the million classes have got to go!

I heard they even had two C classes!! Unreal huh? One for young kids; 12-16 or so? and then everyone older than that. Well with 1300 riders whatcha going to do, brother?

I know a few Ohio riders who left Daytona because the wait was too long. Even after qualifying for the main.

And it make NO sense why they did not finish them on Saturday........unless it was because workers had been there too long. There was day light left. They have added classes........and opened up registration even further (MORE MONEY). The first three years I raced the race, registration was limited. Then they opened it up even more. The first two years was a one day race.

$150 per class for a total of 11 laps of racing over 2 days. Cant forget the $75 for dad to get in the gate... $20.45 a lap... what a deal
And after all that you can say you rode on a tamed down version of a Supercross track... VERY prestigious... Im sure the kid that won the 450 C, 15 to 20 year old, born on a Tuesday, Mothers maiden name of Smith, class, I am sure he signed a factory contract as soon as he got back to the pits...

What a deal. Those people at MX Sports sure do put on a top quality event.

Yes but the reason they left was the schedule was so far behind. Too many people and classes to run it efficiently. They didnt finish sundays motos til monday sometime.

Yeah, but some things you cannot plan for. Not sure what hold up's they had, unplanned track maintenance, etc. I do not know and neither do you...I am assuming. ;)

And it make NO sense why they did not finish them on Saturday........unless it was because workers had been there too long. There was day light left. They have added classes........and opened up registration even further (MORE MONEY). The first three years I raced the race, registration was limited. Then they opened it up even more. The first two years was a one day race.

I am taking it you meant Sunday as I could probably tell you why they didn't finish Saturday. I have a guess at least. Of course it's more money. Do you think they do this solely just because of the goodness of their heart? If your job quit paying you would you still show up just because you like your boss and co-workers so much. DUHHHH! You say what you say, but until your kid does not race because you do not feel they have a class that suits him, you keep spreading this jibber jabber...all season long.

What a deal. Those people at MX Sports sure do put on a top quality event.

Pretty much. You have to subtract the SX ticket out of that to get the real per lap cost. Quit cheating to try and make a sour point. I tell you what, I'd do it if I could have. Heck, 4 classes if I could. Just like obviously, what, 1200+ riders did. Sounds like full gates and fun times to me.

Quit going to races having unrealistic expetations and complaining about it. Geesh!! Here, let me help you all out. Next race, don't plan on getting out of there until 10 hours after they are thinking it will wrap up. Plan on all kinds of delays, crashes, track equipment breaking, the whole enchilada. Then, when you get out of there at 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10, you'll be happy and come back and tell us all how much fun you had and how they beat your expectations...

Hey, when you guys opening that track on that old golf course again?? :)

Your right Scoob. I forgot about that great deal of rolling the price of the Supercross ticket into EVERYONE's entry even if you did not go to that race or not. Tickets for Saturday were $30 at the gate so that makes your entry only $120 per class and $80 for Sunday and Monday. So for a bargain of $200 you get 11 laps. That is a little more then $18 a lap.
But as you say, over 1200 idiots lined up to hand them the money so I guess I cant blame the wonderful promoter.
So you can run one class at Daytona or all of the Ohio Battle races + a hotdog at each for the same price.

Your right Scoob. I forgot about that great deal of rolling the price of the Supercross ticket into EVERYONE's entry even if you did not go to that race or not. Tickets for Saturday were $30 at the gate so that makes your entry only $120 per class and $80 for Sunday and Monday. So for a bargain of $200 you get 11 laps. That is a little more then $18 a lap.
But as you say, over 1200 idiots lined up to hand them the money so I guess I cant blame the wonderful promoter.
So you can run one class at Daytona or all of the Ohio Battle races + a hotdog at each for the same price.

:) Thing is, are you comparing apples to apples or tickets to tickets? What section seat do you get for that price? How much are they? Is $30 the cheapest seciton? Guess they could sit you there, but as great as a promoter as MX Sports is, I would assume they would put you in a decent spot. Could be wrong. Believe it or not, I have been worng before... ;)

Great point! Since I didn't go to Daytona this year and race the RC SX, I guess I have no excuse now for not making all 3 battle races! ;) See you there, right?

This is a good topic...

Their is so many points this for sure...thinking it comes down to just life...not motocross alone. This is why I talk about thankfulness alot.

I have had people get so mad at me at the track...dude, you should at least be grateful to even be at the track. Most times, folks come up and apologize afterwards becuase I don't give them attitude back even if I want to.

An example...

OIR...first the Hands...back in 2010 I think, they had a race where it was dusty...they were hammered hard. Then when Mosher (awesome dude BTW) had OIR and that doomed Pro Day when the field was set on fire, the jumps were breaking down, it was dusty, and Austin Pateos got hurt along with poor EMT care...Mosher and staff got ripped wide open that day. The things people were saying and the down right hatred was incredible to say the least. That was the first time that I recall really being disappointed in the MX community. If was as if he was Hitler or something. We can be very cruel people.

your SX tickets get you crowed small pit road bleachers or up into the Sprint Cup tower on the other side. I prefer the sprint cup tower so you can see all the action on the whole track.

Yeah, I do not like being low. Atlanta and Vegas were the last times I was and had to watch the race otherwise as all me and the wife got to see was the back of the heads of those in front of us.

Another quick question: If you run two classes, you get two SX tickets, right? Assume so, but you know those money hungry MX Sports crew and RC ya know... ;)

No second sx ticket for second class. Your second class is $80. SX tickets for family members are $25 or included if they have a Saturday pass.

Back