Are we looking for new riders and racers?

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I would say that the vast majority of us on this site have attended at least one Supercross this year. Has ANYONE seen a display in the pits or in the stadiums for local races? With over 500,000 fans attending races thus far, it seems like an obvious place for the AMA to be recruiting new members and funneling those people to local events.
I have seen the commercial they show on the video screens touting all the participants are AMA members but do they have a tent or kiosks where fans can get information about tracks in the given area? I would assume this is being done, but I have not seen it... EVER.

i-seent-it.jpg

I've seen AMA membership booths at all the races I've gone to, although I've not attended any this year. Never seen any have local motocross track info there, not sure why they would.

Way too expensive for local tracks to buy space. And in the big picture......50,000 fans, a SMALL percentage of them actually race.

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it does it make noise?

The blind man was there just to hear it, so yes, it does make a noise. And it takes three licks to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop. Dropping knowledge.

maybe I need to start using code words like rat bastards when referring to the group from the Columbus area...

I never actually paid attention to see what the AMA advertises or offers at a Supercross event. One would hope they push their supported series? The larger racing production groups should follow suit & use this to leverage the sports they "promote" and possible increase the fan base.

Maybe the AMA can utilize the local racing organizations for some info related to localized racing!? Something to the tune of the Indy Supercross having local racing orgs' schedules in/around the booth? Same could go for just about any other race. Help increase the [product] awareness of the 50-70000 fans that attend said Supercross event. They all may not be racers, but they might visit or spectate a larger race... "Battle of Ohio" It would be a win for the AMA as attendance/awareness could increase for localized races and the local racing orgs get the same benefite. It's a long shot, but it's an idea.

There's a lot to say about cross promotion. What about NASCAR, the Bristol race, & Muddy Creek? They barely fill the seats (only 160,000 seats at Bristol, but about 300,000 outside). I wonder if there are any fans at Bristol that even know about MX or ATV Nationals at Muddy Creek. It's a far-far drive at 10 miles from the speedway.

I'm waiting for the big Briarcliff billboards across I-71/270 in Columbus... ;-)

I'm waiting for the big Briarcliff billboards across I-71/270 in Columbus... ;-)

Too much moola. We are spending some our budget on digital online advertising, radio, and some print ads.

Trying to keep under control somewhat, its all about the price per effective reach...good luck figuring it out.

The blind man was there just to hear it, so yes, it does make a noise. And it takes three licks to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop. Dropping knowledge.

Fail. It's 2 licks and one final bite from that sneaky owl. Reminds me of Obama telling me one thing and doing another.

Fail. It's 2 licks and one final bite from that sneaky owl. Reminds me of Obama telling me one thing and doing another.

Neiiiiiin! No way I'm anything like Obama, I have delivered on way more than 5% of my promises. Please don't ask what the 5% entails! this is merely an assumption.

Has anyone noticed everything is Obamas fault , always? No matter what we are talking about.
he should not be cutting the trees down in the first place! Where is the owl supposed to lick the tootsie pop now?

Has anyone noticed everything is Obamas fault , always? No matter what we are talking about.
he should not be cutting the trees down in the first place! Where is the owl supposed to lick the tootsie pop now?

Obama caused the super cold winter, did you know that? He also caused the shortage of tracked skid steer units, which forced me to use a wheeled machine last weekend. It sucked. Thanks Obama.

Back