OMA/Malvern upcoming season

I don't think he would have much fun there.....no offense. lol.
If you want to offend me...just tell me I don't have a soul...dem is fighting words pal! :)

Their isn't much that gets under my skin really on a personal level. We are exposed to a lot in this world, you won't find me hiding under a rock.

I can't go if I wanted too. My job is extremely accepting motocross...I am not gonna ask them for anything else. Oktoberfest wouldn't be in my top ten places to go for vacation...but I would have no problem being there if I were to go.

So, who's in for the opening round? Mother Nature just can't decide what she wants to wear this weekend, the forecast has changed about every hour I look haha.

Doubt I am making the 3hour and 20 minute drive. All day rain predicted for Saturday. Sunday 50 and muddy probably.

Ignore the forecasts.. just look at the radar yourself. Right now there is rain out west headed this way. Hard to predict when exactly it will get here.

We decided not to have practice tomorrow. It's just too risky. If we keep the track sealed until the rain is done tomorrow, it won't be muddy for Sunday. Although the forecast looks good for Sunday, the race will be held rain or shine!!! Anyone that wants to camp, the gates will be open Saturday night until about 8 pm and will open at 6 Sunday morning.

We decided not to have practice tomorrow. It's just too risky. If we keep the track sealed until the rain is done tomorrow, it won't be muddy for Sunday. Although the forecast looks good for Sunday, the race will be held rain or shine!!! Anyone that wants to camp, the gates will be open Saturday night until about 8 pm and will open at 6 Sunday morning.

Thanks. Was about to head out. Just got home. Got a few questions.

1) Sign up tomorrow night?

2)IF not, how long the lines gonna be Sunday morning? I got to buy an OMX card and all that for me and my boy. I know it depends on turnout, but I know in my area, you can sign up online, or , if your AMA, they have about 6 computers to swipe your cards so things go fast if you have your stuff in order.

3) Just a question, because it used to happen around here without the AMA card scanner. Sometimes, although not since 2009, they used to push practice back when they had 50 guys still in line at say 9:00AM so everyone got to practice. What will you guys do?

It's a long drive, I live around State College, PA, so I am just asking. Only thing we got is an AMA Area at another track here in PA and it is about an hour away. I don't like the track or the owners, and neither do most plus riders.

Thanks
Greg

As of now, I think we will have to pass. Dman (my son) and I feel that leaving at 3am Sunday morning for 2 ten minute motos is just too little. We will go elsewhere. Hopefully we will see you guys latter in the year.

If practice was in Saturday, then the 4.5 hour trip would be worth the new competition and practice time.

I understand that as a track owner, the weather is out if your hands......

Well now my young lad, I ain't no bettin man; I canst even see the sun right now...but their is sumpin bout giving those odds a good ol' fashion cowboy whippin. Ya see, I ain't no bettin man my boy, but sometimes you just gotta take the bull by the horns and forget the rest. If I had to bet a dollar on the sun in the sky at Malvern Motocross tomorrow, I would bet 2 dollars, tip my hat and yell Yee Hawwww! Ya see here lad, tomorrow da gate is gonna drop and the thunderin herd gon' be wide open! Giddy up ya'll if you know whats I'ma talkin bout! Yee Hawwww y'all...it's about to be a brappin good time. Shoot boy, I think I'ma kick dem spurs and bet 3 dollars on FUN!!! Ya feel me?

I second the notion brought about by our fearless spokesman. I've been looking forward to the season opener all winter and we are now on the eve of the greatest time of year, moto season! It all starts tomorrow and I can't wait to be up in the crows nest broadcasting the days events to all those that are out in the pit area. Good luck to those racing tomorrow and don't be concerned about the forecast, Malvern always shapes up. I'll see YOU at the riders meeting tomorrow. Braaaaap!

good luck to you all. If I wanted to make it out, I would be in bed. Throwing in the towel for the weekend of racing. None anywhere that is semi dry.

I'll try racing again next week.....

image.jpgimage.jpg
Dirt is good!

Seriously? OMA cancels/moves races last season because a fart blew over the track and now they are running in 6" of snow?

Seriously? OMA cancels/moves races last season because a fart blew over the track and now they are running in 6" of snow?

John - message received loud and clear last season. We are not moving races around this year. I can't say that a race or two will not be cancelled here and there. As everyone knows we don't control the weather. However, if the track is rideable, we are racing. Jason wants to prove that you can count us, like today. Not ideal conditions, but he deserves major props for not throwing in the towel. He is far beyond driven.

Or.... He knows his dirt.. Part way through the second set of motos and the track has shaped up really well.. Even catching a little dust from quads..

Ya guess I should have canceled, hey what do I know LOL. Sorry John, I'll try and do better to please you next time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 230
Looks like it turned out nicely! Great work on the track. All I could say is I wish there were more updates about how the place was looking last night and this morning. I completely chickened out today though haha

Back