Action Sports Area Qualifier

ActionSports

PR Addict
We have received questions concerning this weekend’s Action Sports Area Qualifier. The current forecast shows rain Thursday and Friday. If we receive the rain forecasted we will not run practice on Friday and may not open our gates until Friday. Everything at this point depends on the weather. Make sure you call, see our website, Facebook etc before you head our way.

If you want to park next to someone, you need to come together. If we have to pull everyone in, we will do so in the order that everyone arrives. You will not be able to reserve spots in the pits. Our pits are flat. The race track should be in good shape. The water runs off very well. We will most likely have to water on Saturday and Sunday (if it’s not raining) even if we do receive all of the rain predicted on Thursday and Friday.

The weekend is still a long way off. As we all know anything can happen with the weather. No matter what we will do our best to host a great event.

Update on the Area Qualifier

The high winds yesterday dried out the track and the pits a great deal. Even though rain is still predicted, the chance of rain has dropped. There will be a slight change on Thursday. We will be opening up the gate at 4 P.M. but we will be closing it at 8 P.M. If you cannot make it by 8 P.M. there is a Walmart located at 929 East State St. in Athens. The gate will reopen Friday morning at 7 A.M. Using the directions on the website, it is 7.7 miles from the Action Sports Moto Park. DO NOT use GPS to get to the race track, please go to www.actionsportsracing.com/directions.html for directions. The rest of the weekend schedule thus far will go ahead as planned. If anything changes as far as Friday practice, etc. is concerned we will update you about it. If you have any questions call Drew at 740 591 7223 or Kyle at 740 591 5953.

Are you going to have to TOW the RV's to get them in? Mudd?
Will we be able to get RV's in and parked?

copy paste ( If you want to park next to someone, you need to come together. If we have to pull everyone in, we will do so )

copy paste ( If you want to park next to someone, you need to come together. If we have to pull everyone in, we will do so )

Thanks Tom, I am looking for more specific information as to the condition of the parking area.

I read and understand the post. I was looking for a update report on the parking.

If I cannot drive my motorhome in and park because it is too muddy I will not bring it.
I do not want to have to drag my new RV through the mud and then wait to be dragged out of the mud on Sunday night.

There are no hotels available within 30 mins of the track. It is OU parents weekend. So if you don't bring the motorhome (I just set up our trailer as a temporary work and play) I don't know what you would do other than camping. The weather channel and weather dot com is running 24/7 at our house. Hopefully they get it wrong. I know we are getting updates from the track which helps a little. Motorhome would be nice, but like you, I don't want pulled in or out.

Their parking are is flat and completely grass covered. Im sure it will be somewhat soft with the rain we are getting but I don't think it will be a mud hole. I think his intentions are to tow people in if necessary to prevent tearing up the pit area any more than necessary. If I decide to bring our camper I would let them pull me in just to prevent spinning the tires and making a mess. Hope this helps. Im sure they will update with the best options availiable.

we are leaving our hauler at home. going to drive it from marietta. i did find a couple hotel rooms in Logan, for an out of state friend, that is about 30 minutes from track.

Thanks Tom, I am looking for more specific information as to the condition of the parking area.

I read and understand the post. I was looking for a update report on the parking.

If I cannot drive my motorhome in and park because it is too muddy I will not bring it.
I do not want to have to drag my new RV through the mud and then wait to be dragged out of the mud on Sunday night.

The pits are as flat or flatter than my parking area down by the sign up trailer at BC. I would question trying to drive anything bigger than a 4 wheel drive truck and trailer to any track given the weather we have had in the last four months and the last two weeks. Probably not a "mudhole" but your talking about a motorhome, not exactly an off-road warrior. You might be able to get in there, but will you get it out? Plus it probably depends how much they actually get. Play it safe, drive something smaller.

Friday practice for the Action Sports Mid East Area Qualifier has been cancelled, and the gates will not open until 8 A.M. Friday morning due to the rain/storms predicted through tonight. Please keep checking ActionSportsRacing.com, Facebook, etc. for updated information, or call Drew at 740 591 7223 or Kyle at 740 591 5953.

Friday practice for the Action Sports Mid East Area Qualifier has been cancelled, and the gates will not open until 8 A.M. Friday morning due to the rain/storms predicted through tonight. Please keep checking ActionSportsRacing.com, Facebook, etc. for updated information, or call Drew at 740 591 7223 or Kyle at 740 591 5953.

Thanks for the update

Unfortunately due to the rain we have received Wednesday and Thursday along with the predicted rain and storms Friday, we will be postponing this weekend's Area Qualifer and rescheduling on April 19th and 20th. The rain has done too much damage to the pits and the race track to be able to run this weekend. We will hold an open practice on either April 12 or 13 weather permitting. We will also hold practice on April 18th weather permitting. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you, and we hope to see you in two weeks.

I took some heat a few weeks ago from a couple people. Brought up the fact that with the weather, that the area qualifiers are held way too early in this part of the country and the weather is always crappy. Yet another qualifier re-scheduled. How many does that make now already? MX Sports needs to adjust the area qualifier schedule and push them all back in the future.

Back