Action Sports Area Qualifier

How do you do that and get them all in, then get the regionals in at get all the national registration and scoring set?
This is why you start so early. Podium one was perfect. 2 weeks ago.

you have to have the regionals and the nationals during kids summer vacation. It s just how it goes.

Trip to the cabin anyway....bring the quads...bring the kids....lets roll!!!!! DSC_0403.jpgDSC_1432.jpgflood 2012 (26).jpg

They are rescheduling them after cancellations and getting them all in! Here is how you do it first off.......You only allow people to run a MAXIMUM of TWO areas, period! Then, you could get them all in without any issues! You could condense it down and still get it done. BUT, as Knox says....its all about the $$$$ and how many suckers will drive back and forth across the country to race as many areas as possible.

They are rescheduling them after cancellations and getting them all in! Here is how you do it first off.......You only allow people to run a MAXIMUM of TWO areas, period! Then, you could get them all in without any issues! You could condense it down and still get it done. BUT, as Knox says....its all about the $$$$ and how many suckers will drive back and forth across the country to race as many areas as possible.

I agree, they should only allow area qualifiers to those who reside in an designated area.

Isn't it all about going racing every weekend with good competition? Qualifying for the different regionals gets you were the gates are full and the competition is high.

IMO

If it were all about the sport and not the money, it would be SUPER simple to schedule.
ALL Qualifiers are on Memorial Day weekend. May 24 and 25
ALL Regionals are the last weekend of June.
Deadline for entry would be Early July, like July 8th, That gives the group in West Virginia a full week to cash all those checks and announce the list on July 17. That is right back on there announced schedule of 10 days before the event.

All events happen rain or shine (it is motocross and believe it or not, those bikes can make it through mud)

I know Drew and everyone at all the facilities want to have the races, Not any fault of theirs, just unfortunate a nice event at a great location has to be spoiled by early scheduling. Hope its beautiful Easter weekend.

For me it is all about the racing........

MX sports deserves all the money, they took a chance , invested, worked hard at it, and it paid off, you want to do all that? Hell no.

The more the merrier is right. if it is not the weather you like, stay home go to the next one. If it is too rainy in March wait till May.

OH and its a fee country, if you dont want to give them your money go somewhere else...wait for it ..... Tah- Dah!

You can still race all the area qualifiers you want! BUT.......if you live outside that area, you should not be allowed to use that as your qualifier. Top 8 that actually LIVE in that area qualify.

You can still race all the area qualifiers you want! BUT.......if you live outside that area, you should not be allowed to use that as your qualifier. Top 8 that actually LIVE in that area qualify.

What if my 1 Memorial day race gets rained out and cancelled but I have to work on the rescheduled qualifier and can not go? Oh well there is always next year.
Unless you know what days it will rain or sunshine.

Welcome to fantasy land motocrossers......We have no mud here, everybody qualifies, Free entry, Because you deserve it, With only 2 classes of racing everybody will be home by Noon. And NOBODY can come play at your playground. And if you say your coming to the race, You can't, because you always have a reason why you can't come in the first place.

Rain or shine. On the 1 Memorial day event, no cancellations PERIOD.
If you don't make it, then you don't deserve to go. Tuff. Don't like it, try golf.

Welcome to fantasy land motocrossers......We have no mud here, everybody qualifies, Free entry, Because you deserve it, With only 2 classes of racing everybody will be home by Noon. And NOBODY can come play at your playground. And if you say your coming to the race, You can't, because you always have a reason why you can't come in the first place.

Listen Schaefer....I am entitled to a Loretta Lynn's championship! I am an american!
It is my right!

John, I don't think you get it. I'm not sure it's even about getting to Loretta's, although that's icing. It's about traveling with family and friends, plotting out a strategy that gives you the best shot. Hitting areas in each of the regions, then attending the regionals. These are the best amateur tracks. This is where you line up to race with the best of the best even if just to say you did. For most qualifying is not just part of the experience, it is the experience. If you don't like it then don't. These races are planned in December/January. Yes, there will be some cancelations due to weather (most don't cancel, then it gets really interesting) but for the most part it works and it has worked for years.

I hope we can talk Christy into going to Action Sports. She has our course plotted out, though so we'll see.

Oh, I get it. I have no problem with someone going to every area they want and racing. BUT.....I think you should be limited to 2 areas to actually qualify in, or must qualify in your home area. But if you still want to go race, you can.

Oh, I get it. I have no problem with someone going to every area they want and racing. BUT.....I think you should be limited to 2 areas to actually qualify in, or must qualify in your home area. But if you still want to go race, you can.

I haven't read all pages but u have it correct in this statement. One can race as many areas as he chooses. One can race as many regionals as he qualifies for. If that person qualifies in more than one region then the region closet to their home is the region they are picked out of then every one else in the other regions that person qualified in will move up one spot. Same goes for the areas.

Typically u will see previously qualified racers not pay for the qualifying process but still race with the ones who did pay. On the score sheet this will be noted. If the person who wins their class did not pay for the qualifying process everybody else that did pay moves up one spot. If second place did pay for the process then that person now becomes the 1st place for the qualifying process in that area.

Part of me says that is crazy for the simple fact that if a non-paying qualifier/racer causes a paying qualifier/racer to crash or not qualify it doesn't seem fair. On the other hand I tell my kid to go faster and you won't have to deal with the non-payers.

I think they should stagger the payers and non-payers. This way they are on the same track together just the payers get a 30 second head start.

Every year every MX forum board all around the USA sounds the same.

It's a good moneymaker for someone, hence the rules are what they are and the model works. Works, as in it makes money for someone, and the factories are behind it to legitimize the Loretta Lynn's concept of racing.

Get over it. If you don't like it, don't support it. Of course it's political, so unless nobody supports it, nothing will change.

I for one think local racing was better than chasing Loretta Lynn's stuff when we had a big district series that meant something. The last of those died in the mid nineties with D7 expert series. Qualifiers and 30 minute motos for 125 and 250 expert classes. Those days are gone.

Back