Which bikes a deal?

Meister

PR Founding Father
So, ive been hunting 450s pretty hard lately as my RMZ sold not too long ago.. I originally wanted a husky, but found out from a rep that we wouldnt be seeing 450s until they were 2015`s sometime after august.. Nixed that idea, which was the only way I would have tried to buy brand new.. I was interested in Kawis 10 or newer (motor), yamaha 10 or newer (suspension and motor), and possibly new style KTM for the right deal.. These are three brand of 450s that ive never owned.. The 14 yam had some nice changes and innovation, the kaw is pretty proven but air suspension scares me, and the ktm is well, a trick ktm..

Heres the deals.. I found a 2014 yz450f that has been ridden 3 times. Still looks brand new. No extras or anything. The kid bought it and said he made a mistake and was affraid of the 450. Is selling to buy a 250F.. Was asking $7200, but I could get one brand new out the door for $7200.. I have him down to $6000 and meeting half way (which would make a 2 hour drive down)

Or... A 2012.5 Factory Edition with under 40 hours on it and visibly very well maintained. Offered 5000 and the seller is hesitant but says he will get back to me.. Assume $5500.. This would require a drive to the rochester area in NY..

Which is more attractive to you, and why?

The YZF is more attractive to me, less hours on the bike and closer drive. Plus the suspension is suppose to be incredible right out of the box.

I would by the Yamaha just because its a new 14, the suspension supposedly needs nothing, and the Yamaha has been recently updated. The KTM Has 40hrs ??? on it and you don't know exactly what has been done to it. Supposedly the suspension is not as good, I don't know that personally.
I have the 14 Honda and I think the forks are some of the best I have ever had. I set the forks before the first ride of the day and forget about it. Its the best suspended best handling bike I've had.
My second choice this year was a new KTM450sx.

yamaha. i liked the 13s that i rode and the 14 seems to be even better from the sounds of it.

i liked the ktms i had though. electric start is fat kid approved. the only 14 450 i would buy would be a yamaha, the rest of the 14s were pretty much untouched for the year....

Just picked up a 13 Kawi 450 and love it was also a thinking the same thing about the air forks but actually like them a lot. Parkcycle just got two left over 13 YZs in called me yesterday to see if I was still looking. 6300 with a rebate.

YZ, because it's only $500 more, it's "new" (untouched), and resale will be a lot better on a 2 year newer bike when you go to upgrade next time.

I bought the 2014 YZ250F and you will not be disappointed in the quality of the bike. Everyone raves about the suspension(I have not ridden mine yet). I think it's a no brainer on the YZF.

Just picked up a 13 Kawi 450 and love it was also a thinking the same thing about the air forks but actually like them a lot. Parkcycle just got two left over 13 YZs in called me yesterday to see if I was still looking. 6300 with a rebate.

Bingo! :) However, I am very biased and this you know. ;) Good luck man. Hope you get a killer deal on whatever you get....

Damn, that's a good deal. I read the 13 and 14 are for the most part the same. Man...I needs me about $6300 bones...

I had rmz last year, and got yzf this year. I don't know how people trash talk them so much. Its does everything good suspension is awesome motor is good I love it. the 14 are supposed to be even better. no brainer 14 yzf.

I want a 500af the most but can't find a nice one for less than 8000.. I will own one eventually.. maybe for lorettas in 2016.. these big boy pants can fit a 500 nicely.. when did the last person hit loraccos leap on a 500? I wanna. And would.

I want a 500af the most but can't find a nice one for less than 8000.. I will own one eventually.. maybe for lorettas in 2016.. these big boy pants can fit a 500 nicely.. when did the last person hit loraccos leap on a 500? I wanna. And would.

I did it way back when.
Also did it on a '99 Husaberg. That bike and my fat ass is a lot of mass for that long jump. Had I came up short it would have started an earth quake that could be felt in Cincinnati.

btw, I seen a 500af in Michigan for 5500. Forget what city but it looked nice. Those Frankenbikes scare me. Not like the 500 was a great handling machine to begin with. Having Jim Bob working in his garage merging two bike into one would equate into a level 10 butt pucker on all big jumps.
I would still like to have one just for the cool factor.

I know were talking 450's. Ive ridden the 2014 yz250f recently and I walked away way more impressed than I expected to be. Motor revs great, EFI a child could use, and great suspension. The engine design and location are proven. If you afraid of the 2014 oddities don't be. I would assume the 450 is even better.

Back