Wanted: 2014 KTM 350 SX-F

They do offer a 300 kit for the 250SX usually through KTM Hard Parts, make your 250 into a 300 pretty easily. The 300 versions with the electric start are pretty nice too, but they aren't full MOTO like the SX models.

They do offer a 300 kit for the 250SX usually through KTM Hard Parts, make your 250 into a 300 pretty easily. The 300 versions with the electric start are pretty nice too, but they aren't full MOTO like the SX models.
What do you know trailrider163.

That 300 motor is in a lot of peoples opinion one of the best two stroke engines ever produced. If they did a 300sx I'd be going back to 2-strokes. Idk bout the kits though, if it would be the same or not.

I ran 300's for years when I was riding 2 strokes. I have a 300 engine right now, just waiting for a bike to be built around it. If I only had the time!!!! I'd love to get going again on the 300 2 stroker!

You had me really curious about that since I plan buying the 300sxs kit for my 2014 250sx so I looked things up and found:
The crank assembly is different between a 250sx and 300xc
the rod kit is the same and main bearings are the same
Not sure what is different about the cranshafts,something must be different on one of the crank halves or maybe both
Seems to me going with the 300 kit should be fine

I have a 300 SXS kit on my 250SX. It is a bolt on kit that comes with the CDI,cylinder, powervalve, head and piston, rings and all the gaskets. The stroke on the motors are the same. Im not sure what is different in the cranks but if had to gues I would say the SX crank is lighter. The SXS kit come with the XC CDI box. It mellows it a little. You also have the choise of the XC head or SXS head. The XC is quite a bit tamer. I know alot of guys put the SXS head on their 300XC to liven it up. But no worries about it not lasting or having poor performance. Its all good with the 300 SXS kit.

Yeah, I rode a 300XC at a BC ride day a few years back. 'Tis what gave me the idea behind the KX300. My KX will never be factory, but it's getting pretty close. Just jetting at this point. Ran great at BC race early may, but was starving up top. I made an adjustment. Just looking to take it out...

I would think the 300XC crank difference is weight. It was very mellow and 450ish during that ride day. Almost has me thinking about getting a flywheel weight for the KX300 at some point. If I could peel myself away from team green, a 300XC to SX or 250SX with the 300 kit would be my next best thing. Seems as if the push button start would be unnecessary on a smoker, but... ;)

the 15"s look good...i would like to try a 250sx to see how it compares to my yz...
My sx is a lively little motor
Cant wait to get it on a track to really see what its like
Sure is light compared to my 450
I think this was a good choice
Had alot of fun on the rmz but it was time for a change
Riding was getting boring

!cid_FC7347A4-E798-4173-90BD-32D8493CD149.jpg

15's look pretty good

Man I'd like to go buy a 150sx and a 250sx. Qualify on the 250 in 2 stroke b/c. And race the 150 at loretta's.....

That 150 is a sweet looking bike... i would like to buy another 150 ,but i seem to have bad luck with them.

Back