Briarcliff Area Qualifier this past weekend

hershey

PR Elite
What a fantastic racing event the crew at BC put on this weekend! Smooth as silk! Friday the conditions were PERFECT! Lots of rain all week there but the track couldnt have been better. Fri night big rain so the track was a little soft and spongy but wasnt muddy. Sunday was perfect again!

I have only been to 6 or so Area qualifiers and 4 regionals in the last few years. This weekend went as smooth as any I have been to. Congratulations on a job well done.

Pitbike mania was held to a minimum which was a great change of pace

The dozer and tractor operators worked nonstop in the parking areas pulling rigs

I have seen some great shots of the weekend so far! There was a fashion bug relation bragging about her shots (that were nice) and about how her art tool was larger than Ruperts

Speaking of Rupert, I got to hear the "loud rock and roll music" story this weekend......

My track dog, as well behaved as he is, apparently doesnt care for Bull Mastives.

I remember now why I love this sport so much. Great weekend spent with friends, meeting new friends and the rush of adrenaline!

Although I was only there Sunday, I couldn't agree more Hershey. It was awesome pitting with you, Baker and Chuck. Georgie even let me pack his gate, how sweet of him. The moto's clicked off effortlessly, the track was perfect all day and we were on the road home by 3:30 which allowed Rocket to be home in time to see Lady GaGa last night hahahaha. JO presented some really impressive hardware and swag to the riders also. Huge thanks to Chris Oplinger for all the help in keeping the Husky going.

Really great day of racing……. the Vet Classes were not stacked as only a few people still needed to qualify it seems. 45 had 8, 40 had 7, and 30B/C had 9……. so not big classes at all. 25 had a lot of riders though, as Georgie was pissed off about finishing 21st in moto 1, so they had a big gate. 35 was small too, not sure of the number though. Basically everyone got in the regional that showed up in 30, 35, 40, 45, and 50…. 25 was the only real racing for gates at the regional, and 25 was FAST!

DMX153 had the Husky on the gas in the deep freshly disced stuff after intermission, which was like riding in a giant dirt boulder field it was so deep and loamy after a complete redo at intermission….. the hot line was to go in the dozer tracks which was way more packed down and faster than the DEEP loam….. DMX153 went blowing by me like I was in park and I thought to myself…… that bastard is running the dozer track line to his advantage!!!!

Really fun racing with friends that you can battle back and forth and not have a fear that someone is going to take you down for a position. Had great racing with DMX153 and Opliger yesterday. After 9 months off the bike, felt awesome to be back on the track having some fun!

I heard that story straight from dozer track man himself it was even funnier! It was like running a jet ski with the anchor down, and the jump faces were all perfect too. What a tease. To you guys running moto 2 and 3 you're welcome, it must have been absolutely perfect. Thanks to everyone who must have worked to the bone in pulling that weekend off so successfully.

Snapped some pics from Sunday. You may use these as you wish. Here's the gallery link:

http://pitracer.com/index.php?gallery/albums/2014-aq-briarcliff-day-2.196/

Highlights:
DSC_0028.jpg
DSC_0033 - Copy.jpg
DSC_0054.jpg
DSC_0061.jpg
DSC_0081.jpg
DSC_0083.jpg
DSC_0100.jpg
DSC_0106.jpg
DSC_0112.jpg
DSC_0122.jpg
DSC_0153.jpg
DSC_0162.jpg

Some make sure that CK1 dude that always blowing smoke on this site looks at the pics above....is that an AMA Staff member I see sitting in tower...I happen to know he was out there all three days and even though it was killing him left his bike at home because it was a "work weekend".

Tough spring for such a fast 25+/ A rider, 16 weekends since Feb on the road making sure AMA AM Nat'ls, Area Qs, GNCCs go the way they should. '14 450 still got stock rear tire on it...bummer.

Saw AMA Alex's June schedule, 4 regionals in 5 weeks, CRAZY!!

Got one off week in June and I think we're gonna do some father-son bonding (vacation) at the SE Regional at Muddy Creek...

Then it's RED BUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDD!!!!!

CK1 was at Dayton checking out the 50 class with his son! A few other old timers were at Dayton yesterday too.

Yep, great job to all! The entire Cliff staff and family was on it, as well the AMA invader folks did excellent too. Super smooth and fun for a deuce-bag convention. :)

Some make sure that CK1 dude that always blowing smoke on this site looks at the pics above....is that an AMA Staff member I see sitting in tower...I happen to know he was out there all three days and even though it was killing him left his bike at home because it was a "work weeke

Remember. You brought me into this...
Looks like the event at the cliff was killer and I'm super happy for Jeremy BUT. as John said, I was at dayton with 244 riders supporting an ama associated club that has been around for 100 years or so and I walked the whole Damn place5 time and I never seen ANYONE from the Ama. WHY? Wait. I know. They are and have always been ama so it assumed they will continue to be. Sure the ama will send someone to a qualifier and a regional but why not to a club less then 100 miles away from Pickerington?
Sorry J.O. didn't mean to Jack the good vib on your very well run event. keep up the good work
The CK1 dude

Well I appreciate Alex and Kim being at my race, they know handle situations, I only know one way to handle them.....yep gotta work on that....I am proud of myself, I didn't argue with any racers, and I didn't argue a parent. A decent improvement for me. Now if I could stop kicking out vendors, I would be set.

pretty impressive weekend Jeremy!! had a great time. speaking of vendors, I am surprised there was no one there selling accessories, goggles, tires, chains, tubes (had a flat) etc..

We asked Alex from the AMA to be there this weekend to assist with the memberships. We wanted our 1st AMA event to be successful, it has been a while since any of us have done AMA events. We wanted sign up to be efficient and an AMA official was just the ticket. We appreciate the AMA for assisting us!

Connie

Jim, if you know of any vendors, please pass along some info. I have tried to sell people on selling, I can't get people to do it. I might have to become a shop at some point

Well I appreciate Alex and Kim being at my race, they know handle situations, I only know one way to handle them.....yep gotta work on that....I am proud of myself, I didn't argue with any racers, and I didn't argue a parent. A decent improvement for me. Now if I could stop kicking out vendors, I would be set.

Sign up was the easiest process I've ever witnessed at a LLQ event. You girls are great.

Thanks George - We will always try our best! Thank Jeremy for the stand up, black & white monster size signs that showed the procedure:
1. AMA
2. Qualifer Forms
3. Sign Up (with ribbons, banners and arrows guiding the way... )

Jim, if you know of any vendors, please pass along some info. I have tried to sell people on selling, I can't get people to do it. I might have to become a shop at some point

I am surprised at the crowds you are getting that Ray Dunaway is not coming out to BC. He has been going to Chilitown. Give Ray a call and see if he would be willing to come to your races. He is not too far from you.

Back