National Track Tweaks......Check.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Modest changes, when compared to my changes of the past. Yet a new triple is born, one uphill double got a steroid injection, a mega berm has been shaped, and we have even shoved in the sawdust. Next weekend will be the only open weekend till the end of June, and no I won't change my mind. Here's your chance to ride it. I might post some pics in the morning, after three 12 hour days in the sun. I need a break.

I thought it was nice like that...it slowed the jackholes down that speed through the pits!
Yes, I called it a continuous speed bump. I felt like DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince... "...but you can't speed through, two miles an hour so everybody sees you..." ;)

Had a good time, but damn I'm pissed. Damn shoulder surgery. Injuries suck. Take all you momentum away. 2 maybe 3 laps is all I had per session. Yes, sad I know. I'll get there...again. National track changes got the last laugh at me this past weekend. Cased the HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAY double twice and didn't even give the new triple a thought. Well, untrue as I "thought" about it, but was in the pits both times. ;)

Was nice to see who all I knew that came out. I'll see you the next time I see you. ;)

From my ride there Saturday...better description of the changes.
Place definitely has roads now! Yes they are rough but will settle in.
The large piles of sawdust makes the place smell wonderful.
The birthday double (jump after the Longstreth Center Tunnel) is upsized from 45' to 75' (help me if my guess is wrong).
The Longstreth was reshaped to make it easier for small bikes to get over the initial double portion.
The six pack (after the Rupelator) is now a 5 pack, double, double, single or double, triple. Possibly this is just an ATV National change?
Triple portion got the guy parked next to us, 7 stitches on his chin. Sunday Ronny D #170 got to ride in the red van with the flashing lights.
Heard (not confirmed) broken nose, eye socket, cheek bone and lost 4 front teeth.

Yes, Ronnie D came up short on the triple in the bottom rhythm section. He stopped by tonight to pick up his truck and trailer. He was in very good spirits. He said they are waiting for the swelling to go down on the one side to re-evaluate whether or not he needs any surgery, so far so good on that part. He said he is sore, but feels much better today. Hopefully he can get out of this deal with a set of false teeth. He may be the toughest guy I know.

Reactions: TBO
Sorry to hear about RonnyD, I've been out of town and haven't talked to him since getting back....had no idea until reading this.

Darn, just as some BC regulars were beginning to convince me that the BC big track was mellowing out a bit and thought I'd check it out. Don't get me wrong, big track is big fun for the vast majority of folks, but I'm just too past my prime to be risking it too much. About 10 concussions too many :)

Yeah Moochy, I know what you are saying although there is nothing you "have to do", but understand the deflation in not doing all the obstacles.

Heck, I tried the HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOUBLE twice and came up short on top both times. Need to work on that corner speed and/or get back comfortable with seat bouncing and I think that will become an easy one. The double triple section or the double double single section in my case wasn't tickling my fancy.

'Tis the challenge JO sets me with every year. Sometimes than once a year. Keeps it fresh. Some I like better than others, but none are show stoppers in my mind. I did however ride the C track a little and hit the trail loop a few times when my buddy showed up. C track was fun and didn't pump me up so much as well as the trail loop definately required I wash the bike really good when I got home...

Come on out Moochy and hang with us a day...or two. Bring your vintage bike and hit the C track a few laps when it's not so busy or act like you're hitting the trail loop portion of the GP a couple laps. You never know...you might likey... ;)

Hey JO, loved riding at your track as always but you might want to make that new bigger double a tad smaller for at least the atv national. I tried it once 4th gear all she had thinking "I want to for sure clear this even if it means overshooting it" and cased it about 10 feet short. The main triple I found out the hard way I have to hit it a good bit faster than last year as well but it was fun once I started hitting it 4th pinned. And the finish line jump is the best jump ever, could hit it all day long once I finally worked up to hitting it lol.

Back