New To Dirt Bikes - I want a dirt bike that is fun and inexpensive. It is not for racing but fun.

jewboyonabike

PR Member
I just want a dirtbike to mess with my friends and as a side distraction. It will be for fun and not serious use and races. I don't want to be complete crap, but I do not want a Kawasaki Hyper-God 10,000cc. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Depends on your size has alot to do with the bike also. Im 5' 11" and weigh 215. The 250 2-stroke pulls me perfect, the 250 4-stroke pulls me pretty good, but the power is not near the same. If your a bigger guy like myself, go for the 250 2-Stroke/450 4-stroke.

No such thing as an inexpensive dirt bike. Well, one that you ride anyway and want to do so for an extended period of time.

That said, a two stroke is the least expensive in the fun category. If you're smaller in stature, a 125 might be the ticket. I hear they are fun, but I am just too fat and don't like to rev it so much. That said, high revs often cause more frequent rebuilds. Talking rebuilds and/or maintenance you MUST do for a long ride, stay away from strokers. Well, MX strokers, YZF, CRF, RMZ, etc. XR, DR, KLR, TTR, etc. is your trail type 4 stroke which are less perfoemance based, take a lot more abuse, and last a lot longer. The latter might be your ticket vs. something form the motocross arena.

Good luck!

Just get a mini bike, sounds like that's all you need. That's about all your going to get for 500 bucks.

Back