New To Dirt Bikes - I want a dirt bike that is fun and inexpensive. It is not for racing but fun.

jewboyonabike

PR Member
I just want a dirtbike to mess with my friends and as a side distraction. It will be for fun and not serious use and races. I don't want to be complete crap, but I do not want a Kawasaki Hyper-God 10,000cc. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
Depends on your size has alot to do with the bike also. Im 5' 11" and weigh 215. The 250 2-stroke pulls me perfect, the 250 4-stroke pulls me pretty good, but the power is not near the same. If your a bigger guy like myself, go for the 250 2-Stroke/450 4-stroke.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
No such thing as an inexpensive dirt bike. Well, one that you ride anyway and want to do so for an extended period of time.

That said, a two stroke is the least expensive in the fun category. If you're smaller in stature, a 125 might be the ticket. I hear they are fun, but I am just too fat and don't like to rev it so much. That said, high revs often cause more frequent rebuilds. Talking rebuilds and/or maintenance you MUST do for a long ride, stay away from strokers. Well, MX strokers, YZF, CRF, RMZ, etc. XR, DR, KLR, TTR, etc. is your trail type 4 stroke which are less perfoemance based, take a lot more abuse, and last a lot longer. The latter might be your ticket vs. something form the motocross arena.

Good luck!

Clint1991

PR Addict
Just get a mini bike, sounds like that's all you need. That's about all your going to get for 500 bucks.