Headed to Loretta's

There's big fuss about emig. His insurance company is angry they paid him out 1 million because he couldn't continue to race at the top level. But still rides at the top level of Amatuers. ..

There's big fuss about emig. His insurance company is angry they paid him out 1 million because he couldn't continue to race at the top level. But still rides at the top level of Amatuers. ..

Hey man...Let the guy ride,It's all in good fun,We all loved emig and his partying ways.Him and Mc were the golden years of moto..Moto,chicks,booze....hahahahahaha

I could care less if he rides. But there should be a 30+ Vet A class for anyone that held a Pro License. No way they should be racing a Vet class with 8-5 guys at a "AMATEUR" National.

I could care less if he rides.

And there's the issue. John COULD care less....so this means he actually does care. Or did you mean you COULDN'T care less? I guess that's another one of those sneaky contractions like YOU'RE that we all should have learned in the 2nd grade. (yes I looked it up...2nd freaking grade!)

Here's an example:
I couldn't care less about the opinions of someone that continually posts negative comments about races he's not going to attend anyway.

But then again, I'm spending time replying to this nonsense. So it actually infers that I could care less.

;)

Just another issue with the LL system. As to my post on Pitracer grammar, I really couldn't care less.

Well, it is a free country. Kinda. So you have the right to ride LL or not.

LL's is a big event. What if we did not have it to complain about?

You had to know this was coming... so here it is...
The decline continues for Ohio riders at LL... With the old farts leading the way, the Great state of Ohio put 17 amateurs in the show. Out of the 122 spots available that is 14% of the field. Not bad. BUT. The youth of the state claimed a big fat goose egg on the top step at Red Bud. With 117 spots awarded only 6 of them are from Ohio. That is a measly 5%. 89 entered but only 6 made it. Now, some riders did have some bad luck in one moto and it cost them a spot but WOW.
I was starting to believe in the excuse of local riders not getting enough seat time at area races but the average moto at Red Bud was a shade over 10 minuets. Some of the kids I have seen lately around the state look to have the speed. They win every moto around here, then run mid pack at the regional???
Just for comparison, Georgia put 13 youth riders in the show. Followed by Ill and Mich with 12 each. PA and TN got 11 each. NY got 8. Ohio, Florida and WISCONSIN got 6. Wisconsin... really?
So its not seat time. Its not "Ohio is cold". It not lack of participation. So why?
I can only think of 3 other "reasons"
1. Red Bud gets ruff and local kids are not use to that.
2. Ohio kids are not used to riding with a full gate.
3. Just not fast enough.

Now, I'm not knocking anyone or anything, I hope to have a child trying for the show next year and I want to see 100 kids from Ohio make it.
So, Why do you think?

Chris, remember a lot of training facilities are in Georgia (Millsap's, Walkers, GPF) and the kids use Georgia as their home state.

Guys if you want to complain make a new topic. Let's keep this about who made it to LL.

I would like to congratulate Ryan Talboo (65 10-11), Trevor Maley (85 & 85 Limited 9-11), Anthony Rosemeyer (Supermini 2), Jeremy Hand (Schoolboy 1), Alissa Guy (9-13), and Cassandra Stephens (Girl 12-16) for making it to the show. Great job this weekend at Redbud.

Former Buckeye, Karl Scott finished 2nd in the 35+ class at Muddy Creek, so it looks like a great start for our Ohio riders.

I would like to congratulate the following races that made it to LL today at Pleasure Valley. Kyle Wehrkamp (51 4-6 special limited), Landon Westover (51 4-6 shaft drive), Jacob Hull (51 7-8 limited), Mitchy Zaremba ( 65 7-9 Limited), Bryceton Adams (65 10-11 limited), and Jeremy Hand ( 1st in schoolboy 2). Also a shout out to Pa rides Hank Hayes, Mark Peterman and Dannah Rutter for making it to the show.

Congrats guys. Mitchy's ticket:

10444761_10202615448410906_8747528273377111527_n.jpg

You had to know this was coming... so here it is...
The decline continues for Ohio riders at LL... With the old farts leading the way, the Great state of Ohio put 17 amateurs in the show. Out of the 122 spots available that is 14% of the field. Not bad. BUT. The youth of the state claimed a big fat goose egg on the top step at Red Bud. With 117 spots awarded only 6 of them are from Ohio. That is a measly 5%. 89 entered but only 6 made it. Now, some riders did have some bad luck in one moto and it cost them a spot but WOW.
I was starting to believe in the excuse of local riders not getting enough seat time at area races but the average moto at Red Bud was a shade over 10 minuets. Some of the kids I have seen lately around the state look to have the speed. They win every moto around here, then run mid pack at the regional???
Just for comparison, Georgia put 13 youth riders in the show. Followed by Ill and Mich with 12 each. PA and TN got 11 each. NY got 8. Ohio, Florida and WISCONSIN got 6. Wisconsin... really?
So its not seat time. Its not "Ohio is cold". It not lack of participation. So why?
I can only think of 3 other "reasons"
1. Red Bud gets ruff and local kids are not use to that.
2. Ohio kids are not used to riding with a full gate.
3. Just not fast enough.

Now, I'm not knocking anyone or anything, I hope to have a child trying for the show next year and I want to see 100 kids from Ohio make it.
So, Why do you think?

How many of those from Georgia were born there? Or are they from Georgia because that's where they live while training for LL?

If you are from Ohio and go to GA to train and you claim that state as your home... WE DONT WANT YOU BACK. Several riders have been able to stay here and make it to the top levels of our sport. Sure, it may to a tougher row to hoe, but it also makes you a better person and riders since it requires more desire and dedication to accomplish your goals. Hey guys that train in GA. Do you hear banjos?

Back