Where to go? What to do this weekend?

Scoob

PR Founding Father
So...

Nashport getting some rain...right now. Making me think about riding this weekend, however where to ride? BC a no go this weekend. Malvern running Saturday morning practice and Saturday night race, OIR has practice on Sunday...others?

Of course, I haven't talked it over with the wifey and what she has planned this weekend. I better do that tonight so I can get all that done before Saturday morning...

Regardless, what you doing? Practicing? Racing? Honey Do List? Your Do List? 12oz curls?... Entertain me. I'll probably do nothing I really want to do, but at least I'll have more options as to what I am not going to do... ;)

BABS Jr grad party. Bench racing and live music from the undefeated!
Live music sounds good, however anything to do with that doesn't help with the riding shape. Well, it produces a different shape, just not the one that seems to lend to riding MX...effectively...to some extent. I'm reaching here... ;)

Is briarcliff going to come up.with it's own version of the Diablo sandwich? If do I might come watch the lawn mowers!

Dave, if you've never been to a quad nat, I highly suggest checking one out..

Malvernnnn Saturday is the place to be.

Dave, if you've never been to a quad nat, I highly suggest checking one out..

Malvernnnn Saturday is the place to be.

After a successful first race in Open B and Plus 25...I wanna saddle up again for Saturday night in both classes. These will be much tougher races with more people in the classes...gonna be some good racing.

I think this is the first time you and I will race each other Jared except for maybe a HS back in the day?

Wherever your riding...have fun and be wise.

Hause whooped me in practice...it was fun having him toy with me...we go way back. The first Moto he and the other Top 5 guys checked out after I stalled on the second lap in the turn before the sand rollers. This gate drop was Open A and Open B. They were gonna beat me...but I wanted to keep the guy in front of me honest or in sight. This class is for experience...Plus 25 was the earnest class to race.

Being right in the Top 5 of the entire gate of 7 riders for a lap in a half was pretty cool before stalling in the first Moto. It was just about putting some laps in after that.

So the 2nd gate-drop, I pull a 12 o'clock and stall...thankfully restarting quickly. (450 has so much power...mine is strong on low end, gotta get the right control combination and process to keep the front wheel and the power to the ground.)

I fell and stalled in the same turn before the rollers after that crummy start. It took a while to get restarted and just ripped some laps off in that Moto!

3-3 for fourth in Open B with the 4th rider not starting the second Moto.

Hause decided to race Vet 30...still have a couple years left before I can enter that class.

Just so happened that Plus 25, Vet 30, and Vet 30 C were in the first gate drop of Moto 15 out of 16 with Women's second gate drop.

The first Moto I think I was 4th in the hole shot and don't think I was passed to finish 4th out of maybe 10-12...I dunno. Hause and JJ Romenayk went 2-1 out of those riders.

Second Plus 25...I got a great start with JJ behind me, and Hause in front of me with a fortunate hole shot winner; Jason Galata. The stage was set for a battle with Hause and was i riding better than I had all day.

Three turns in, on the approach to the sweeper around the center light pole just as you start to settle into turning and off the gas...4th gear ripping...Jason goes down hard when he washes the front end on a bump of sorts. Hause is right their with no reaction time and plows into Jason's bike sending him straight on his head.

I had a moment to check up as I was watching all this unfold, slow-mo like. Crazy how it looks when your behind someone. I had no where to go and plow into Hause's bike...go over the bars with time to think and react to the fall. Amazingly ended up on my feet unharmed. I was very fortunate.

Amidst the big dust cloud, the red flag was thrown. Hause and Jason were in pain and took them a few to get up. I do thank God for his protection over all of us; crashes do end up worse, we are the ones twisting the throttle.

Front wheel needed straightened a good inch or more. Some folks helped to get me back on the starting line. A good restart in 2nd and wasn't gonna catch JJ. I settled in while keeping him honest kinda and just rode good laps to finish 2nd for 2-2 Moto scores with 2 riders in Plus 25.

Was very cool to line up with some riders and Nitrofish. I was happy to receive Fast Jack's autograph on my shirt to congratulate him for his 1st win on a dirt bike in the 65 class. Very cool! Thank you!!!

In the movie "War Horse" a phrase is mentioned by the boy stating, "some days are small days and some days are big days."

Race Days are Big Days! BRAP!

See ya Saturday for some more Moto-Life and fun!

Last edited:
I'll see you on the gate saturday Rooster!!! Its ON lol good to hear your go out on that gate man.
After a successful first race in Open B and Plus 25...I wanna saddle up again for Saturday night in both classes. These will be much tougher races with more people in the classes...gonna be some good racing.

I think this is the first time you and I will race each other Jared except for maybe a HS back in the day?

Wherever your riding...have fun and be wise.

Hause whooped me in practice...it was fun having him toy with me...we go way back. The first Moto he and the other Top 5 guys checked out after I stalled on the second lap in the turn before the sand rollers. This gate drop was Open A and Open B. They were gonna beat me...but I wanted to keep the guy in front of me honest or in sight. This class is for experience...Plus 25 was the earnest class to race.

Being right in the Top 5 of the entire gate of 7 riders for a lap in a half was pretty cool before stalling in the first Moto. It was just about putting some laps in after that.

So the 2nd gate-drop, I pull a 12 o'clock and stall...thankfully restarting quickly. (450 has so much power...mine is strong on low end, gotta get the right control combination and process to keep the front wheel and the power to the ground.)

I fell and stalled in the same turn before the rollers after that crummy start. It took a while to get restarted and just ripped some laps off in that Moto!

3-3 for fourth in Open B with the 4th rider not starting the second Moto.

Hause decided to race Vet 30...still have a couple years left before I can enter that class.

Just so happened that Plus 25, Vet 30, and Vet 30 C were in the first gate drop of Moto 15 out of 16 with Women's second gate drop.

The first Moto I think I was 4th in the hole shot and don't think I was passed to finish 4th out of maybe 10-12...I dunno. Hause and JJ Romenayk went 2-1 out of those riders.

Second Plus 25...I got a great start with JJ behind me, and Hause in front of me with a fortunate hole shot winner; Jason Galata. The stage was set for a battle with Hause and was i riding better than I had all day.

Three turns in, on the approach to the sweeper around the center light pole just as you start to settle into turning and off the gas...4th gear ripping...Jason goes down hard when he washes the front end on a bump of sorts. Hause is right their with no reaction time and plows into Jason's bike sending him straight on his head.

I had a moment to check up as I was watching all this unfold, slow-mo like. Crazy how it looks when your behind someone. I had no where to go and plow into Hause's bike...go over the bars with time to think and react to the fall. Amazingly ended up on my feet unharmed. I was very fortunate.

Amidst the big dust cloud, the red flag was thrown. Hause and Jason were in pain and took them a few to get up. I do thank God for his protection over all of us; crashes do end up worse, we are the ones twisting the throttle.

Front wheel needed straightened a good inch or more. Some folks helped to get me back on the starting line. A good restart in 2nd and wasn't gonna catch JJ. I settled in while keeping him honest kinda and just rode good laps to finish 2nd for 2-2 Moto scores with 2 riders in Plus 25.

Was very cool to line up with some riders and Nitrofish. I was happy to receive Fast Jack's autograph on my shirt to congratulate him for his 1st win on a dirt bike in the 65 class. Very cool! Thank you!!!

In the movie "War Horse" a phrase is mentioned by the boy stating, "some days are small days and some days are big days."

Race Days are Big Days! BRAP!

See ya Saturday for some more Moto-Life and fun!

I have a question. Who's running Malvern this weekend? I see Zack is signed up to race Red Bud this weekend.

Jason and Zack will be at malvern. Zack's shoulder is still on the mend and he has other regionals. We want him to be 100% so were gonna sit this one out.

I didn't realize Zack was hurt. Glad to hear he is doing better. Going to try to make it this weekend. Thank you

Back