OIR Pro Day June 22nd!!

Well, I'm not actually going to the dunes until the 3rd, 4th, or 5th. I shouldn't have said anything. I'd like to, but I'm not coming. Been out of town all week as well. Yes, I know...excuses, excuses. :( Have fun all.

Decent turn out at OIR pro-day. Great racing in the Pro class with local guys chasing #80 Fredrik Noren around OIR yesterday, I was chasing his girlfriend:D

We really enjoyed the place. Looked like a fun track. The kid's 2nd favorite place. Super rough and rutty. Great job OIR folks. No injuries that I'm aware of either. Fredrick dude was hauling, as were many others. 20 minutes and 2 laps on that track looked brutal. You could see who trained and who didn't. Ole man Gibby still smooth and fast. He actually passed me, I did stay on his tail though. Ok, so that was about mile marker 87 on I-77 on the way to the track. Gibby is a class act, he watched the boy's moto and gave him some pointers. Much appreciated, means more coming from a MX legend than just dad. I would like to see the littlest 50s somehow get a little smoother track and I'm still a firm believer the younger kids need to be earlier in the rotation. Trying to keep the boy charged for Moto 2 was tough after a 5am home departure and 5 pm Moto. I think that is more a OMA thing though. Thanks, OIR can't wait for the next one.

Awesome job Chet & Nick. Great turnout and the track was awesome too. Couldn't believe I was riding in ruts in Ohio! That was the best i've seen an Ohio track in years. Everyone who didn't come out missed out for sure.

Awesome job Chet & Nick. Great turnout and the track was awesome too. Couldn't believe I was riding in ruts in Ohio! That was the best i've seen an Ohio track in years. Everyone who didn't come out missed out for sure.
Thanks Todd, it was an awesome day- great to see everyone out there! Mother nature helped us out quite a bit.

Great job OIR and crew! The track was race ready all day the competition was deep, as were the ruts :)

The track held up amazingly all day, and I haven't rode ruts like that since, probably ever, the whole back section was one huge long rut, pick a rut and follow it until you came out of the woods, that was very cool! It was deff worth the 3 hour drive from Columbus! Thank oir crew for a great race day, and props to Rife for riding that 500, I didn't think such a small dude would be able to rip on that thing!

Back