(ISIS) and US...

I strongly agree, social media is a big factor in spreading their beliefs. So many disturbed youth all over the world are getting sucked into the bullshit and end up behind bars or worse. I know this first hand, my whole life so far has been military to federal law enforcement. Terrorist are made stateside everyday amongst us, supporting these groups around the world. How? The internet...
What area do you work? My brother is a retired officer working first in Peninsula and ending up in Orrville. He still lives in Orville.

Heard last night that they discovered that while in captivity the recently beheaded was also water boarded..and dressed in orange in retaliation to what our government did during the Bush years at Guantomino. Our sins have come back to haunt us.
Lol....yeah it was Bush who started that

Lol....yeah it was Bush who started that
I think Cheiny (sp) had more to do with it than Bush. I saw a documentary on the Bush years and the two did not get along too well the last few years. Bush thought Cheiny was too pushy, too much in control like he thought he was President and not vise. He, Cheiny, sure likes to get out there and speak out a lot. They interview him on Fox news quite often. I wish he would just shut his pie hole and go away!!

What I meant was Gitmo has been there for years, you certainly dont think that the Bush years were the first time the US used questionable interrogation practices do you? That has been going on regularly since the revolutionary war.

What I meant was Gitmo has been there for years, you certainly dont think that the Bush years were the first time the US used questionable interrogation practices do you? That has been going on regularly since the revolutionary war.
Perhaps not but this time they got caught and it was highly publicized. Apparently other prisoners said that the ISIS and other groups like them talk about what happened during the Bush years quite a bit. We just added fuel to fire. You could say it is Tit for Tat but I would like to think we are more humane then they are. I still dislike Cheiny very strongly.

Having spent some time last week riding with a fellow that spent a lot of time at Gitmo, and believing his
stories, it certainly is the first time in our generation that the US used illegal, not questionable, interrogation
practices.

Having spent some time last week riding with a fellow that spent a lot of time at Gitmo, and believing his
stories, it certainly is the first time in our generation that the US used illegal, not questionable, interrogation
practices.
What do you mean by our generation specifically? Were prob years apart. I work with an ex ranger that worked Gitmo in the early 90's and that stuff has been going on for a looong time. Also there are agencies that pretty much can literally get away with murder, and you never know about it. Like how everyone thinks the seals and SF guys are at the top of the good chain in covert opperations, when in reality that's as high as it gets disclosed to the public.

practices.

And Ive got tropical beach property here in Canal Fulton to sell you too.

Gitmo has only been a detention center since Jan. of 2002. The Bush years.

The population was mostly dominican also before the "war on terror", the main purpose of the facility may have changed but it has been their for many years. Back in the 90's the detainees were still being housed in tents, daily muders with fence stakes was the norm until they finally put in hard cells. I work with 3 guys that have been stationed there between the early 90's till a few years ago.

That is 110% FALSE!
It has always been a naval base and perhaps they temporarily held people there but what I read is they did not become an actual detention center till 2002 which makes sense being that is when we really began a serious assault on terrorists because of Sept. ll.
I am sure however we never hear the absolute truth on anything when it concerns the government.

They built a new detention center around that time due to the war but they were already running a detainment camp.

So let me get this straight: Two Americans just had their heads sawed off while they were alive, and the videos were posted for amusement and we are arguing about water boarding and whether it was Bush's or Cheney's fault??? These same pieces of debris have done the same to hundreds of others, and they do not discriminate when it comes to women and even young children. Imagine finding your 5 year old's head on a stick in your front yard because you join your countries security forces or pray to Jesus. Are you saying these Jihadi butchers were just protesting for the humane treatment of prisoners at Gitmo? Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you people? A total of 3 people (and I use that term "people" loosely) were waterboarded at Gitmo. Each one of them was of the same caliber as the butchers sawing off heads, and had performed similar, and one was directly responsible for the 911 attacks.

I hope they catch these butchers, I hope they are kept at Gitmo until they die, and I hope they are waterboarded daily until every piece of useful information is extracted, and after that, maybe daily just for fun. Maybe we could add these videos to the end of the beheading ones. The idea that we would arrest them, read them their rights, pay for an attorney and put them up in NY hotels until they are sent to an air conditioned prison with cable TV and later trade them for some former soldier turned deserter is INSANE.

I hope they catch them, try them, and execute them. Just as most nations, including the USA, have since

Torture "daily just for fun" would lower us to their level. I believe that the US is far better than that.

I hope they catch them, try them, and execute them. Just as most nations, including the USA, have since

Torture "daily just for fun" would lower us to their level. I believe that the US is far better than that.

So now doubling down with the equivalence?

I don't think anyone in any shape or form is stating a justification for their actions by discussing Gitmo. It merely came up in our discussion as to the justification in the eyes of ISIS and as to why they are dressed in orange.
As a nation of Christians we should be above that. The guy from Duck Dynasty was interviewed and he stated that we should first try to convert them (ISIS) and if that is not possible then kill them. I think we can all agree that the only way we can deal with them is with death but that statement makes us the same as ISIS. Either convert to the Christian religion or die. ISIS is NOT the face of the Muslim.

Back