Red bud discussion.... Spoiler alert

Clint, everything I've read it is a done deal with Roczen going to RCH. His dad had a disagreement with DeCoster or something. But at that level, I would not leave the #1 team in the industry right now.
Well, hope it all works out for him. I didn't know all that.

Nearly every top rider has changed brands at least one time in there career and most have done that with little to no issues. These guys LIVE on the bikes. They ride countless laps and test everything. They can tell if the material makeup of the fasteners have changed.
Saying a rider of this level will have problems because of a brand switch is like saying LeBron James will be not be able to dunk because of the color of his jersey when he goes back to Cleveland. (Holy crap, I just referenced basketball)
Rock could ride a factory BSA next year and he will be fine.

Not sure I totally agree with that. Many a rider has not liked a certain bike. Bubba hated Yamahas, Barcia did not like Hondas, and McGrath hated the Suzukis.

I was going to mention McGrath but didn't want CK1's blood pressure to rise any further after reading the "scrub" convo in the vet forum haha.

Hell the KTM's pretty much forced MC into retirement! The funny part to me is, what he was best on, is now what he rides for fun in his retirement, and he still rips on them too.

cant count mc, his career was over before the switch.
Goat went from green to red to yellow and won on all of them.
Heck, last year Millsaps jumped on a Zuk and it revived his career. Switches to orange and his vagina fell apart.
As for Bubba, well, its bubba. If HE makes a mistake and goes down, then it had to be the "set-up". BS, he crashed his brains out on every color he has touched.
Barcia, REALLY. He has been on red since age 8 and now decides he does not like them. If the bike suckes, then how did a nobody kid with Ohio ties, jump on the same bike and ride up front for the first time in his life? And his teammate, Chandelier is up front every moto... Yeap, its the bike.
Man, Im a jerk

Millsapps was suzukis prodigy. The guy loves those bikes. That's all he knew growing up. Suzuki. Suzuki. Suzuki.

I sat down and watched both complete motos last night. Awesome racing at Red Bud. The 2nd 250 moto was great with Webb and Martin. I liked the Webb quote on the podium, "I am not going to go to dinner with him, but I will shake his hand". Man, there must be some tension in that rig during the day.

As for Suzuki, man.....they are NON existent on the national scene. No 250 riders, and in the 450s I don't think they were even mentioned except when Bubba went down.

Back