AMA vintage days

beenridin

PR Elite
Well the clock is ticking down......

We are all registered! Our weekend passes purchased ! We even got them yesterday.
I bought an XL 250 to bip around on all weekend. It will be for sale on Sunday!!!
Can't wait. Now I need to figure out how to gt all my stuff down there.

Does anyone know if you can park by sign up within the fence area and camp?? By the bleachers??? I always wanted to be in there...grass is cut and easy track viewing!

I was thinking the same thing about parking Mike. Maybe Alex Hunter can get us in there?

Far from ready this year. Will begin wrenching on the bikes tonight.
Life has done it's best to get in the way, but it won't stop a beating moto heart!

Fixed my truck over the weekend so we at least won't have to eat the expense of a Uhaul van again. The part that sucks, is that we have been pushing hard every day since the Action Sports weekend, and everything just feels like work right now.
Not very enjoyable when it gets hectic like this.

For the past couple seasons at Vintage Days we haven't been able to take the time to really enjoy the weekend, due to the hustle and bustle of racing and then treking home each night. Would like to change that up a little this year. It's really saddening when we are finishing up awards ceremony on Sunday and you see all the parking lots emptying out.

I'm bummed, too busy working and moving to Columbus to get a free day to go to Mid Ohio. I think this is the first I have missed since I deployed, but there is always next year. Too many projects, not enough time. I would have to bust ass to replace the fork seals I ruined at last year's Mud Ohio, finally blew them out/

I'm signed up for CC on Friday and MX on Sunday. Just tossed a new clutch in the RM tonight, seems like I'm ready. Hoping for good weather!

This will be the first year for the camper at Mid Ohio. Every other year I've tented it or just run back and forth.

I am thrashing....on my pit bike to fix an electrical issue. Should finish it tonight. No racing for me this weekend. Family fun time only but will take time to watch the rest of you having fun. Weather looks the best in many years for VMD. Not too hot and no rain. Perfect.

Bought my oldest a cool Yamaha Vino scooter and my youngest a Z50 clone to ride this year. They are way to old to haul around anymore on my bike. I will be in our usual camp area past the Honda Pavillion over by the carousel so stop and say Hi or grab a cold one and shoot the $hit.

This is my first VMD and I'm looking forward to it . Will the HS awards on Friday be given just for VMD race, or will final points be tabulated for entire series (Chillicothe and action sports included)?

Looks like the boy and I are racing Ashland dirt track in modern support classes. Look for the slow old guy.

I'll be riding my sliding board seat bike in 40+ INT on PV day. A few guys I knew who've been in or would've been in 50+, aren't in it this year...so now it seems I know more guys in the 40+. Fingers crossed on the weather...for me, that has been the biggest factor figuring into the MO mx races for the last few years.

Ever since Drew Wolf started providing his time and his own starting gate to the event, no more worries about cheater starts by anybody :) Yes, having a starting gate at the AMA national vintage race at MO is awesome...Thanks Drew!

Thanks also to the Beerbower's / Log Road folks who get the track set up. Hopefully , no big downpours to swamp the track out this year!

This is my first VMD and I'm looking forward to it . Will the HS awards on Friday be given just for VMD race, or will final points be tabulated for entire series (Chillicothe and action sports included)?

Since Fridays HS race is the final race of the series, they should award final series awards as well as fridays race results.

Was talking to your Pa this morning, if your up to it you might actually be able to race twice (2 class's) on Friday, depending on whether or not they run Non-Current with the modern class? Your RM is a 1985 correct (non-current), and the KDX a 99?

This is the first year that I'm not pre-entered, and still not exactly sure what I'm gonna race yet, and what or how many class's.

Friday HS for sure on the KDX.
Saturday VMX: for sure 1 class, but still undecided which, or more?

and Sunday: completely undecided?
Definitely 1 PV class on 84 YZ, and toying with maybe bringing the 98 CR for "non-current-B" if we can fill up the gate?

Since Fridays HS race is the final race of the series, they should award final series awards as well as fridays race results.

Was talking to your Pa this morning, if your up to it you might actually be able to race twice (2 class's) on Friday, depending on whether or not they run Non-Current with the modern class? Your RM is a 1985 correct (non-current), and the KDX a 99?

Yeah, RM is and 85 and the KDX is a 99...but I thought they would both be modern class...regardless, an hour on that RM feels like 3 hours on anything new so I will probably just race that.
I thought about 125 b/c Moto and Vet 30+ but probably just doing 125. Figured I'd really get smoked in vet.

Glad my dad is working...he always seems to be on vacation (typically on a bike). See you Friday Mike

Non-Current 125 and Non-Current Vet. Not sure I will have the '83 CR250 ready but am taking it with me just in case.

you might actually be able to race twice (2 class's) on Friday, depending on whether or not they run Non-Current with the modern class? Your RM is a 1985 correct (non-current), and the KDX a 99?

Scratch that, I mis-spoke without checking. HS is different than MX.
Post Vintage = 1975 - 1982
Modern = 1983 - 1996

Friday, Beer and finding Penton parts
Saturday, Vintage MX, 126-200 class
Sunday, Post Vintage MX, Non-current Vet

Saturday Night the movie "PENTON,The John Penton Story" will be shown,FREE of Charge. As for Penton parts,check out the Penton Owners Group and Al Buehner Supply.

Where is the movie being shown? Is the POG showing it at their spaces?

Heading down in a couple hours. See ya there!

Kevin

Penton Movie will be a Free Screening on Saturday Night,near the AMA tent. Enjoy the flick and bring your popcorn and beer. Movies over 2 hours long. For any additional info.check out the messege board on WWW.PENTONUSA.ORG. Great club and group of PENTON FANATICS.

Good Luck Guys! Hope everybody rides well, (and nothing blows on the bikes!). If any of y'all happen to see a NICE '83 YZ100 for sale, do me a favor and get the peoples' number for me. These seem to be rare birds these days. I'd like to find one that's good to go, b/c I don't want to have a ton o' cash into it by restoring one. Thanks in advance! --L*64

Back