AMA vintage days

The coil/ignition rig on that thing looked like the bomb squad would have to diffuse it. I don't know who he is but he's a helluva rider. He sure got everything there was to get out of that beast.

Krh

It was a great PV race day . No rain and awesome track.
Back on the 84 RM I felt right at home. No arm pump and able to ride the bike. I had a blubber in the carb that showed up 5-6 times each Moto. Unfortunately it kept me guessing when it would show up. A carb rebuild is in order.
The big guy on the 84 Yz 250 was pitted next to me. He sold me a honda cub. Nice guy from Michigan. His bike was sweet. He stayed just ahead of Me in my E3 250 Moto as I ate his roost for 4 laps . He took a 1-1 and I went 2-2 for an overall podium!
+40 was a blast as mike/mike train was haulin. I felt great and was finally carving corners and using all the power my bike had. Mathias and myself were out front with the holeshot on the zukes as they were hookin up. A few faster guys got by as the race went on Finishing 7 out of 14 and not even tired .
Second Moto was a bit different. Worn out and tired with a crappy holeshot I was hanging on for 9th as Stanford came around me on Lap 3 I was whooped.
Jack had his own issues . Flat tire. Gas off after a promo holeshot in the lead.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Broken kickstarter and tough competition all day. 3 podiums for him with a 1-1 3-2 and 4-2 . He was railing all day.
On a side note. The spaniardlady rode off on sharc's old couch. (1983rm) after paying me in $100 bills and started the bike in flip flops! What a sight!
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 173
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 165
Yeah I went down down trying to pass Mooch and highsided, I was pretty far down by the time I got going. Oh well maybe I'll have my 82 YZ250 ready for Casey

DSC08515 resized.jpg
Yeah I went down down trying to pass Mooch and highsided, I was pretty far down by the time I got going. Oh well maybe I'll have my 82 YZ250 ready for Casey

Scott, didn't realize you were on the inside there...felt the rub and then turned around to see you go down, sorry about that! Did you highside and then bump into me or bump into me and then highside?

In those tight corners on that side of the track I was trying to go to the inside of those small ruts...guess you were thinking the same thing!

Last edited:
Outgunned? Not by much. That poor thing hauled your chunky a$$ to a third place start. It was only operator error that kept you off the box :p
3rd place not bad for never having ridden the bike before pulling up to the line. I think I could have gotten up to the first place guy had I not had operator error in moto 2! BTW after looking at my chunky a$$ in those pics, I'm back to cycling, started up again last night. That RM125 rips!

I like this pic as the crossbar is blocking my big a$$ gut!
DSC08597-L.jpg

Last edited:
Hey now! :)

I was behind #7 (Drew) when that washout happened and didn't come close to touching him....didn't have any idea what was going on with Evomx244 until felt something smacking around on my rear end.

Hey now! :)

I was behind #7 (Drew) when that washout happened and didn't come close to touching him....didn't have any idea what was going on with Evomx244 until felt something smacking around on my rear end.
I'm not sure I like the way you worded that :)

Back