Mid Ohio AMA pictures

Seems that in your mind that if you continue to whine in this thread (which relates to folks who actually attended the event and had a good time this past weekend) that you'll be able to correct all the the bad AMA things you're fixated on.

Suggestion...why not just start your own negative thread that brings all this negative stuff up rather than shittting in this thread?

Sad

I believe that AMA is actively trying to make corrections for past issues by helping grow Vintage racing again.

Three years ago the AMA Vintage MX Championship was based on a single event. This year it is based on seven race events. And the Hare Scramble Series based on three.

Our only significant alternative is AHRMA, and in the short time I've been a member with them I have found myself questioning their wisdom, and there is no shortage of issues in their basket.

I also think that it's amazingly fortunate that the Mid-Ohio facility has a really great woods section that is pefectly suited for Hare Scrambles and Trials. Not being a regular H.S. racer, I look forward to and have an absolute blast on their course. Very Challenging and fun!
Although the motocross track that gets constructed each year may not be acceptable to everybody's standards, it does seem to be improving again from year to year and it is 1.1 mile in length. Plenty of room for going fast, and very competitive and safe.

Last edited:
mooch, why are you so fixated on the negative aspects of my post? I have said several very positive things. I love vintage stuff. For years Mid-Ohio was the ONLY event I went to all year. I am pointing out the things I have seen change first hand. Not hear say or a few things other people have mentioned.
Fact is, I did not go this year BECAUSE $50 to get in the gate and the $40 to camp that is advertised on the mid-Ohio site was a ridiculous amount just to go walk around a buy a few things. Now if the camping was free, great. but the web site says you will be charged $40 for a tent.

1965, I always walked over to the woods and watched the HS and Trials, each year I left saying "I and buying a woods and trials bike for next year" and then never did. As soon as the 75 is done I AM GETTING a trials bike...dang it. Now the MX track... yes its long and that cool but back a few years ago when they still had a real track it was so much better.

Calm down mooch, I did not even mention the "organization" :D

I had the opportunity to meet and trail ride with the president, CFO and VP of operations for the AMA this week. Within our conversations, a recurring theme of member feedback came up. This pertained to increasing membership, Vintage Days, ISDE, and even Loretta's. They are not perfect, but they seem to be genuinely open to hearing what we have to say , which is good.
This was my first vintage days and I thought it was great. Only regret is not bringing a trailer and a bigger wad of cash!

Anybody going to Log Rd, Michigan vintage MX?

Echoing Mike, not this year but wish I was.

I have an avalanche of work travel ahead that will likely end racing for the season. Hoping to make at least one more, I hear Podium 1 is a good track.

No work = no bikes, no impulse buys, and no racing. So I'll travel.

Everyone have fun and be safe at those great tracks.

DanO

I need to find a vintage project. These vintage races seem laid back and all about just "being at the track", Not any pressure and probably some good beer drinking/bench moto'ing after hours.

Back