Planning Battle part II- Malvern MX

Scoob

PR Founding Father
OK, trying to plan this weekend. Will be a full weekend to say the least in that I am hoping to travel to Red Bud Friday, race Saturday, then travel to Malvern Saturday night to race Battle Round 2 Sunday.

In doing that, I am looking for a place to crash Saturday night. Been looking at area hotels. There's a Holiday Inn in Akron Regional Airport Area, Canton (Belden Village), and Alliance. How's that Alliance hotel? If I had my bike with me in the trailer what do I have to worry about? For some reason I recall in another thread that the area wasn't the best.

Aside of that, if I am hauling my trailer, what would parking be like in the 3 locations?

Belden area probably best. Better call and see if any rooms left. It's football hall of fame weekend and Canton hotels will be busy, probably 25 minutes from malvern area. No offense to Alliance people but I'd stay away from hotels there unless ur looking to score or get mugged. Massillon area has some hotels and is about 30 minutes from malvern and straight shot across route 30

Belden area probably best. Better call and see if any rooms left. It's football hall of fame weekend and Canton hotels will be busy, probably 25 minutes from malvern area. No offense to Alliance people but I'd stay away from hotels there unless ur looking to score or get mugged. Massillon area has some hotels and is about 30 minutes from malvern and straight shot across route 30
'Tis what I was looking for... Thanks.

I was always told to stay away from the HI Express in Alliance. Heard its not a great area. I've stayed at the Belden Holiday Inn by the mall a couple times now. No issues, it is fine. I am staying there Saturday night.

There's a Sleep Inn in Bolivar. It's about 20 min. from the track, right off 77. I was actually going to call them tomorrow to see about discount rates for that weekend. I'll let ya know what I find out. I'm gonna check a few other places too.

There's a Sleep Inn in Bolivar. It's about 20 min. from the track, right off 77. I was actually going to call them tomorrow to see about discount rates for that weekend. I'll let ya know what I find out. I'm gonna check a few other places too.
Cool. That would be great. I have some IHG points that makes my stay at the Holiday Inns cheaper, but let me know what you find out. Also staying in Niles the night before. Could use the points there instead if it makes sense.

Aliance is a dump full of a bunch of ghetto wanna be thug gangsters who get there crack money my pawning anything that isnt anchored into the concrete, and the hotel is attached to the mall where they all hang out. And if your looking to pick something up double wrap it or you'll be picking up more then a piece of ass. Lmao

Alliance is not nearly as bad as its being described.. I live 10 mins from alliance Walmart.. scoob, if you want a safe place to drop the trailer, my driveway is safe... lol

2/3 of alliance ain't bad, and the bad side is a bunch of low lifes. And where do scum bags go to get good loot? The nicer side of town. lol As far as being danger in alliance there really is none though. Park your trailer at Miester's though since you got the invite. lol

I'm interested in doing the same thing sort of. Looking for a carpool companion. Can take my motorhome or yours. Whatever split gas.

Head up to vet fest Thursday night. Ride Friday, race Saturday. Pack up head for Malvern. Race Sunday.

My place is available too if any of you guys need a place to park your rigs Saturday night. I'm 20 minutes from Malvern.

We plan on doing this as well. Jason, how late will the gates be open sat. night. We plan on leaving red bud and heading straight to Malvern.

Me have no rig. Thinking of just heading up Friday morn though in mini convoy with Chucky I think after I meet him in C'bus, practice Friday, race Saturday, then hoping to get out of Red Bud by 5pm and head to Canton.

Those plans are not set in stone, but concrete is mixing... ;) I'm in the west 740 close to the east 614...not all that close to the 440.

We could have quite a convoy on the way to Malvern though...

Back