Yellow flags? Why bother

Nothing will be done at the pro level until someone gets killed.

The riders should demand to be paid better.
And they should also demand to have better flagman to protect them.

BUT THEY WON'T.

Johnny, see if you can get a price and we will go with it.
Of course I was happy yesterday. I was in my element, with my son, on a beautiful day... Nothing could be better.
Well, besides the 3 lbs. of dust I couched up on the way home. Pitbikes are the devil.

If you open a track, I cannot wait to get there and experience the heavenly situations you describe.

However...better make it one hell of an opening, because if it's not perfect you know there are some A class keyboard crunchers on here that are going to tear you a new one!

"You're call is important to us, it will be answered in the order it was recieved. You're estimated wait time will be: 679 minutes. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes."

The girl that fell asleep during Monday's practice (and was woken up by people yelling at her) wasn't at her post on Tuesday.

679 minutes?! You can't be serious...

I think more could be accomplished by teabagging a bear trap for 11 hours and 19 minutes.

679 minutes?! You can't be serious...

I think more could be accomplished by teabagging a bear trap for 11 hours and 19 minutes.

Have you done that before... teabagging the bear trap thing? I find it rather disturbing that someone would even think of that! Gives me the hebe-gebees just thinking about it.

Have you done that before... teabagging the bear trap thing? I find it rather disturbing that someone would even think of that! Gives me the hebe-gebees just thinking about it.

I prefer to get my bear attractant from Cabela's.

Really. At Chilitown, some kid goes down at the end of the whoops, and Kip Adams (works for the AMA) stands at the END of the whoop section waving the yellow flag. Then after the moto, calls the class to registration to yell at them about how the entire class paid no attention to the flag and almost hit him three times, lada lada lada. I bit my tongue, and said come on Matthew, I've heard enough of this crap. Hey Kip..........how about you get your ass, or someone elses ass down the track to the BEGINNING of the whoop section to slow them down before the enter the whoops. That is where the flagger needed to be!!

Well another weekend in the books and another ridiculous showing from the "trained flag crew".
Our good friends at the Dayton Motorcycle club hosted round 12 this weekend. At the riders meeting the exact wording was. "Our flag crew are almost all ex-racers and they know what they are doing. Parents are welcome on the track for the 50's, If you see a kid fall, help him get going again. They are the future of our sport"
All sounds great until it is put into action. First 50 moto, the second place kid falls at the finish line, third runs into him, then fourth, 5th and so on. THE HEAD FLAGER IS STANDING 8 FEET AWAY AND DOES NOTHING BUT WAVE THE YELLOW FLAG. Throughout the moto's kids continue to fall and the flaggers do nothing about helping them. Now, for the most part, they DID wave the flag which is obviously job 1, for that, thank you. But after the entire class falls in your corner and there is no other riders coming, Go ahead and feel free to , oh, I don't know, maybe help pick the bike off a kid...
To the old women in the concession stand. PLEASE STOP COMING TO THE RACE. A small boy that could not have been more then 4 was standing next to me as I waited on my gross $2 hotdog. He was very quite and was not making a bother. The 412 year old "woman" taking peoples orders looks right at the boy and says "go away, no one here is giving you any money, now get out". The kid wanted a frickin .50 Icee... Now, I don't know where the kids parents were, and I don't care if the kid was standing there all damn day. You don't have to be an old crabby ass to the child. I gladly give the boy a dollar, he got 2 icee's and left.
I should have known better, Its not my first DMC experience. Its just a shame that they are like 15 min from my house and the Vern is over 3 hours.

Again, I am appreciative that it is a place that I can ride a dirt bike but good GOD, have we just completely given up on customer service in the old D-11?
Never mind, I know that answer.

Friday at redbud guy went down on the landing of the leap. I had to yell at the flagger to get his attention since he was looking at the finish line. He then proceeds to flag right next to the downed rider. Those of you who've been to redbud know what it's like coming up the leap. You see nothing but sky. The inevitable happened and the guy got smacked by another bike coming over the landing. Thankfully everybody walked away. After a dozen more bikes nearly hit him the flagger finally walked towards the take off so riders could actually see him.

Let's flip this a little.. flagging at Malvern yesterday was great.. however, some riders blatant disregard for the yellow flag pisses me off.. after the step on step off, a rider had gone down hard. Immediately 3 well placed flags flew.. I grabbed the riders bike on the 3rd hump after the table and blocked the downed rider. Most riders handled it perfectly, Gibby in the lead rolled the section to a T. Few more riders following the rules, then in a pack of riders coming through nice and easy, here comes some jackass doubling off the table.. guarantee he heard my words.. this has also happened other instances and action was taken. My attention was quickly put toward helping the unconscious rider and I don't remember his number or it would have been reported to the acting ama ref yesterday.. still blows my mind..

So tell them they'll get a plaque to remember the event instead of getting paid if A riders won't obey the rules.

I won't depend on a flagger to save my life. If I see a yellow i'll slow down.

All A riders did fine. This was +30 and +30c..

The 2nd most broken rule is people doing rolling starts 3ft back from the gate.. just need a back stop to prevent that one though..

Not a flagging issue but does anyone know how the guy that fell in 30 is? He was down for a quite a while.

Not a flagging issue but does anyone know how the guy that fell in 30 is? He was down for a quite a while.
I spoke with his father yesterday. This is what he told me: he is in surgical ICU, has a breathing tube, and is still kind of "out of it". He has some broken bones in his face and they were waiting to see the eye doctor. But, the doctors told the family that he should make a full recovery!!!!!

Back