Memorable Ohio Amatuer MX Races

I had some memorable Columbus Arenacross races also, back when Action Sports ran it, and it was in the bigger coliseum. Ran Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. Used to draw 500 riders and always had some superfast A riders. Those were the days. Drew ran a nice little series, and it was fun hitting, Columbus, Huntington, Louisville, Toledo (one or two years). Drew in my opinion really put Arenacross on the map, not Mike Kidd. But yet seems like Mike Kidd get the credit for Arenacross more than Drew.

I remember the Malvern triathlon that I thought was awesome when I was young. Also believe it or not pyma 3 day always seemed fun.

The late nights at Malvern after some killer battles with the likes of Rogers, Tom Kelley, David Hill, Mickey Marshall, Katin, Bellinger.. Same with broken spokes..

6ft trophy days at Spring Valley.

Openers at Scenic (even tho I broke my leg twice there on 2 different opening days lol)

Man I miss the old days.

One of my favorite Ohio races, and tracks for the matter, had to be when the Ohio State Championship race made a comeback and Drew Wolfe held it out at his old GP MX style track. That is one of my all time favorite tracks and the race drew a big crowd.

Yep I remember that race too. My one and only time riding/racing that track, it was really fun! I think that was in 2001 as I was still on my YZ250 then.

My favorite races were the original triathalons held at Western Reserve! The place would be packed to the tilt! Sat harescramble , sat night flat track and sunday full MX.

Never forget the year Lightning shows up in a pickup truck with no windshield, wearing googles with his MX bike and street bike in the back. After flat track he eaves for work riding his street bike in a rain storm for the 3rd shift duty. Shows up and races mx the next day! What an animal!

No triathalon since those have been even close.

Western reserve still does some weekend with multiple events, I don't recall a weekend with all 3 though in a while. That would be a great time though.

Hey! What ever happened to Dave Hill? I was just talking about that guy about a year ago, and nobody seemed to remember (Pit) who I was talking about. I think his girl was one of the trophy girls at the more local national races. The guy was racing one year, and gone the next, never to be seen again? --L*64

Kept getting hurt. Got married. Think he had kids. Last time I seen him he was just working and living the married life.. been over a year since I've seen him tho..

One of my favorite Ohio races, and tracks for the matter, had to be when the Ohio State Championship race made a comeback and Drew Wolfe held it out at his old GP MX style track. That is one of my all time favorite tracks and the race drew a big crowd.
By far the best track the state of Ohio EVER had. Off-camber straights, huge braking bumps, deep ruts, square edges everywhere. KILLER
Morgan wrapped his liver around the only tree next to the track, Drew stopped the races and pushed over the tree with the dozer. Back to racing. We need more tracks like that

Last I knew he was still in new philly.. I don't recall his chic working at nationals tho..

Hey! What ever happened to Dave Hill? I was just talking about that guy about a year ago, and nobody seemed to remember (Pit) who I was talking about. I think his girl was one of the trophy girls at the more local national races. The guy was racing one year, and gone the next, never to be seen again? --L*64
I live real close to david... I run into him occasionally. I know he was golfing some... Last I saw him he was living the married life.... Ive been out of the moto scene for a while myself..so im not sure if hes riding any more or not

Was thinking about this the other day...not a great track of course, but one of my favorito races was the annual D-11 Ohio State Fair race. Everyone seemed to come. Motorhome got the main local channels with the rabbit ears, ate fair food in between motos, etc., etc. 'Twas good friends and good times...

Back