Steel City Gone?

DEP.......Department of Environmental Protection......The government strikes again. Remember a race track called Steel City......a track called Southwick.........tracks that had major economic impact on the local economies with their Nationals, and they are no more. All that revenue lost to the locals. So don't think that Little Joe Smiths local track cant be snake bitten by big government. Take the time to vote for the right politicians. Ask the right questions on their positions.

Unfortunately, there is a local water supply lake over the hill behind the trees in the first turn. Been there since long before my dad opened the track in 1983. The EPA has been concerned about erosion into the lake from the track and for years we have been trying to do all of the things they require. It's gotten to the point where it's impossible to keep the gates open and keep up with all of the work that needs done, especially since we are involved in so many other things now.

Fortunately, there are still a lot of good tracks in the area, but I'm sorry to say that Steel City has probably run it's last race.

DC
MX Sports

Sure it does not have something to do with the fracking in the area. That is far more lucrative than running an mx track. It was a rumor we heard several months ago.

That's bullshit. How many power plants in cleveland dump into Lake Erie.
Your right! But this is PA. Even places we practice at on private ground are being shut down. I live in central PA. I have only one place to ride, and it's on a farmers piece of ground. Tough to set up a place on your own property today. And you dare not let anyone know about it.

On your own ground you might even have to install silt fences. Course, a hard rain never erodes anything else. Water never becomes brown after a rainstorm.

As bad as it is, MD and NJ are worse. Only one MX track each. You CANNOT get permits to open a new track

I
Sure it does not have something to do with the fracking in the area. That is far more lucrative than running an mx track. It was a rumor we heard several months ago.
was at Big Game Mx about 6 weeks ago and Mile Jones was there. I asked him what was going on with Steel City MX. He told me it was done. He told me it is EPA government stuff

Its the Liberal government SLOWLY getting little things in place, that one day people will wake up and say "remember when we were allowed to race dirt bikes in the United States". People need to wake up. VOTE and know who your voting for. It is not republicans pushing for these stupid ass EPA regulations, it is the liberal democrats. Wake up people.

Its the Liberal government SLOWLY getting little things in place, that one day people will wake up and say "remember when we were allowed to race dirt bikes in the United States". People need to wake up. VOTE and know who your voting for. It is not republicans pushing for these stupid ass EPA regulations, it is the liberal democrats. Wake up people.
That's so true we need dang liberals out of the damn office!

That's so true we need dang liberals out of the damn office!
What we need is moderates or Independents. There has to be neutral ground. Right wing is TOO fanatic and Left wing is TOO fanatic. Granted we have to protect our water, our land. As it is much of our water is still being polluted. Look what happened just recently. Did you know that drinking water is at such a high that even China tries to sneak water out of our country. Their water is polluted because they did not take care of it. It would be wonderful if without regulations BIG companies would not cut corners and POLLUTE!!

Since the fall of 2011 we have been forced to spend over 100'000.00 dollars on new DER guidelines . The sad thing is you would never ever know by looking at it because so much of it is in engineering costs and fines . The new regulations require you to have a NPDES permit( national earth moving permit) if you disturb more than 1 acre of ground . Under Reagan it was 25 acres , Clinton got it changed to 10 acres , in July of 2011 Obama changed it to 1 acre . They have also made the stormed water management laws much more tougher. Today anyone can cause major problems for a track just by making a couple of well placed phone calls to the right agencies . They are now at the point where the laws don't even make any sense anymore . It's always been smart to control erosion on your property to help save your dirt but they have now gone way to far . It's just a matter of time before they show up and even god can't help you when they do. In 25 years as a promoter I've never seen it so bad , they really have lost there minds this time and are on real mission to put a stop to outdoor riding of all kinds . It really is sad .

It starts at the local government. When local government takes bribes, I mean free grants, they give up all their power to the federal government.

Republicans and democrats are the same. They are in the game to control everything throughout your life. There is no stopping the bureaucracy now. Congress seems powerless. Dep and the like "write" their own laws and enforce them. Congress is powerless......

Oh well, everyone's 401k is up, so it's all good!

Back