Stewart Into ward jr.

Stewart could sue wards family for having to live with killing him. As he was on the track.

Such a huge crazy ordeal.

I don't think anybody will sue. It's a tradgedy and the families all realize it.

I got to talk to Stewart's crew chief in Michigan and the guy is just passionate about racing. He's the first one to give someone a motor when in need no matter who they are.

A local Columbus news station did POV from inside a sprint car yesterday . Wow, I personally didn't realize the view obstruction a driver deals with , let alone at night on a dimly lit track!

A local Columbus news station did POV from inside a sprint car yesterday . Wow, I personally didn't realize the view obstruction a driver deals with , let alone at night on a dimly lit track!
Go to Eldora and watch a race or two. You will see a wreck and then see a sprint car go all the way through turns one and two and plow another car. As a spectator you will think to yourself "why didnt they stop or slow down...they had plenty of time to react". The fact is with the wings on those cars its like driving with blinders on...they can only see directly out in front of them and most of the time dont have time to react fast enough.

After Stewart planted the dude into the wall (we can assume he knew exactly what happened and that the car was immobile), he continued around the track under the caution lap. At half-track from where the incident occurred, Stewart should have been able to look to his left and at least see the car still facing the opposite direction, and even possibly that Ward was climbing out, if not already out. From that point, why was Stewart so high in the lane as he approached Ward's car?

Seems to me like the reasonable thing to do to (1) Avoid Ward's car, and (2) Avoid interfering by track maintenance crews attempting to assist Ward; would be to drive through the caution area at the lowest point on the track (I.E. as far inside as possible).

If I was the attorney filing suit against Stewart, my focus would be on what a reasonable driver would have done and what Stewart should have done/could have done.

Oshow......you probably know nothing about sprint cars. As stated a little above, the wing hangs down very low on the left hand side of the car. The car then has a mud guard on that side of the car to keep roost out of the drivers cockpit. The drivers have hans devices on their heads, and with that, and the obscured view from the c**k pit is very hard to actually see left out of the car. Then to add insult to injury, it is dark, the track is black grooved from the tires, with the lights on a dirt track at night, multiple tear offs on the drivers visor, another driver probably 25 or 30 foot down the track away from his car........wearing black, I am sure with the glare and all, VERY hard to see.

Looks to me like when tony did see him last second he twitched the car and punched the gas......Yep, want to go left, hit the accelerator, with a 2 foot wide tire on the right rear, that's how you steer them, with the accelerator. Ward steps toward Tony's car, and probably even forgets himself how far that right rear sticks out, and bam, you have a tragic accident.

Ward was racing the big bad NASCAR Champ. Don't think for a second he was not trying to make a point to make a highlight real some where pointing the finger at a NASCAR champ. Kid made a fatal mistake.

I will say this...after watching that video a few dozen more times, there is one thing that sticks out that really bothers me. Just before Stewart's car hits Ward, you hear an engine rev. Then Stewart's car comes into the frame and is visibly sliding out as he hits Ward. I'm hoping that it was an evasive maneuver to avoid hitting the kid, but it's a valid question to ask. I hate to use Stewart's past against him, but if he hit the gas to scare the kid a little bit, it would be an awfully "Stewart-like" move. I hope none of that is true, but only Tony can answer that with the camera angle that's available to us.

I agree with everything John250 just said and I hope that he is 100% accurate with the explanation of hearing Stewart hit the gas.

Kenny Wallace described just the same thing for the most part that john250 did on the radio.

And the radio hosts didnt want anything of it. They accused Wallace of protecting tony to keep validity in the sport. But after hearing Wallace on the radio it was crystal clear that tony did not intentionally kill that kid or try to scare him.

Georgie, anyone that has known anyone with sprint cars, and has sat in one, in those conditions would know what Kenny Wallace was talking about. Any body raced a night race and had multiple tear offs on your goggles? The glare alone sometimes is horrible.

Read today that Stewart may make an announcement in the next few days that he is retiring and selling his half of Stewart-Haas Racing. Very sad if it is true. Said Tony is taking all this pretty hard.

He must of injected the marijuanas. I hear if you do it that way you get very angry.. it's very similar to steroids.

Last edited:
So his parents say they are still suing Tony Stewart. The guy was high on dope. I think I would walk away for sure.

Back