New numbers for your marketing plan.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
For everyone to use to help with sponsorship, marketing or business growth. Helps to understand the market.
As of today including the two main sanctioning bodies in OH (OMA and old D-11). Now I did not count the fair stuff or the Saturday nite action.

23 races = 12 in old D-11, 2 battle, 9 OMA
4939 sign-ups by 1187 different humans
444 of those were quads by 155 quadrupeds.

More to come once I figure out how to breakdown the classes

Lol......no worse than OMA.

CRA although they dont seem to want to make their series known well on here, have a large membership base. Larger than both the others you mentioned I believe.....at least they used to. At one point they had over 3000 members but I havent checked lately.

For everyone to use to help with sponsorship, marketing or business growth. Helps to understand the market.
As of today including the two main sanctioning bodies in OH (OMA and old D-11). Now I did not count the fair stuff or the Saturday nite action.

23 races = 12 in old D-11, 2 battle, 9 OMA
4939 sign-ups by 1187 different humans
444 of those were quads by 155 quadrupeds.

More to come once I figure out how to breakdown the classes

Old D11 never had much of a quad turnout, except the fair races. Or do you mean OSWMXS? If that's the case, then that's extremely lopsided, because they don't offer any quad classes.

I did not include fair races since a lot if not all are on weekdays and that keeps people from coming. Basically it is any given Sunday. Wow that would be a cool name for a movie.
Was mostly looking for the total number of racers in the market.
And yes, Im bored

only thing I get from this is that bike guys ran about 4 races in that cross section, and quad guys did about 3.

I read there are 1032 humans in the area that race bikes and 155 that race quads.
So take a race like Chili. They had 378 of those humans in one location, or nearly 32% of all the racers.
Im sure several shops and other potential sponsors would really like to see those number. $$$$$$

I read there are 1032 humans in the area that race bikes and 155 that race quads.
So take a race like Chili. They had 378 of those humans in one location, or nearly 32% of all the racers.
Im sure several shops and other potential sponsors would really like to see those number. $$$$$$

32% of all or 32% from that area? You know we had over 1800 OMA members last year? So they actually had 21% of the people who raced at least a GP, Fair, or a Motocross last year on the OMA schedule.

I'm still not quite sure why you selected 12 Old D11 races, didn't they have 20 races last year, or just 12? Why just 9 OMA, is this just to date for this season? More facts please, sir.

Yes, just 2014 to date. Old d-11 has had 12 races, 9 Moto Rev dates and the 2 battle races. Come on man... keep up. o_O
Not talking members. Just peeps that have participated in those races.

Lol......no worse than OMA.

CRA although they dont seem to want to make their series known well on here, have a large membership base. Larger than both the others you mentioned I believe.....at least they used to. At one point they had over 3000 members but I havent checked lately.

Yes at one point they did have 3000. I would be shocked if was near that now. I know my fair cross series brought them 300-400 memberships a year. Also keep in mind that their membership total is spread over motocross, harescrambles and flat track. OMA is strictly MX. Just saying, apples to apples.

Since you brought it up though, I wonder what the CRA membership was their first year? 1,800?? Hmm.....

Well careful Knox, you can get the unique racers per event, but so there are 1342 unique racers this year might be far fetched. Assuming that you are taking each excel file and removing the duplicate names to find the unique number. You can get unique racers per event, but to find how many unique racers you have over 23 events, you would need all 23 races in one database, or is that what you did, sorry too much thinking today trying to keep up

Yeah I sort by name. Not number. Now I'm sure there are some extras in there but not much. I will add cra numbers tomorrow but that is why I did not put them in. Just so darn far away from me. And we all know the moto world revolves around the Knox compound

well given that the cra has had 32 races this year and the closet track to me is over 3 hours way, yeah, someone else can do the those stats. Guess I never really paid attention how many tracks we have in Ohio... Can you say "flooded market"?
Compared to Kentucky which the entire state looks like a perfect track, they have 3 tracks still running races. That's a big F'ing 3

I was just at Pine Lake 3 weeks ago for the AMA EDT National. The event was opened up to AMA bike classes this year.

They had:

Quads - 232
Knobby Quad - 16 (Unsanctioned)
3 Wheelers -75 (Unsanctioned)
UTV - 9 (Unsanctioned)
Bikes - 0

So what's your point?

Well not that anyone cares but I ran the quad number accounting for Ohio riders only, for this current season.

OMA: 202 unique racers
CRA: 203 unique racers
Nationals: 120 unique racers

Combining OMA and CRA there were 354 unique racers
Combining OMA, CRA & Nationals there were 406 unique racers from Ohio

Back