New numbers for your marketing plan.

How about some rider retention numbers... From old D-11
The top 10 in the 2 C classes in 2009 there was 13 different humans in the top ten. 3 are still racing this year = 23%
The top 10 of the 2 B classes in 2009, there was 16 different humans in the top ten. 2 are still racing this year = 12.5%
The top 10 of the 3 50 classes in 2009, 23 humans in the top ten. 10 are still racing this year = 43.4%
The top 10 of the 4 65 and 85 classes in 2009, 36 humans in the top ten. 18 are still racing this year = 50%

So if you have a long term business plan as a motocross race track owner / promoter. It is wise to cater to the youth classes. They will still be in the sport in 5 years.

Nice....however since D11 is pretty dead why not run those numbers for CRA and cross to OMA from there also

I included OMA and current D-11 (whatever they want to call themselves) Again CRA is just to far away from me to care at this point.

I included OMA and current D-11 (whatever they want to call themselves) Again CRA is just to far away from me to care at this point.

Ok so that is skewed then. Many of the OMA tracks are closer to CRA territory than D11. And maybe sponsors would like to know the whole Ohio story instead of the Knox compound region !

If you are going to waste your time for us and give us free sponsor info at least do it right ! Lol

How about how many vets were around in 2009 and are still around today? Cater to youth and Vets is probably what you should be saying.

Glad you asked Johnny
Top 10 of the 25+, 30+ and 40+ in 2009, 32 humans and 13 are still dumb enough to continue. = 40.6%

So the biggest retention is in the Youth and Vet classes. That's it, get rid of everything else.

So how do so many guys that progress all the way to the B class just walk away in 5 years? Really it is kind of a lifestyle at that point. Sure some move away, a few die, and maybe a couple make it to pro and don't race local but man that's a low percentage.
Must be economics. Old guys are usually the ones making the coin on the job. They are the same group that tend infect their children with the sport. Once you get to be mid 20's, mom and dad are not supporting you and asking "Do you want fries with that" does not fill the wallet.

Anyway, yes, make a special series for the youth and old guys and expect high numbers of repeat customers.
Hershey- feel free to add CRA and fair numbers. I am just staying with my halfass numbers.

Just curious on the B and C class info. How many of them continued to ride from a level structured class onto a vet class? More or less, what percentage continued to ride from say Schoolboy to plus 25/30.

All this info means one thing to me... 98% quit after highschool then return at a later date, usually when vet classes come into play or they have kids after highschool, quit riding, and bring up a mini rider.

*Edit -- With me and CK being on the same page, we need flat tracks with no deep ruts for the little guys, all tabletops, and...... a beer tent.

I was hoping to find the same names in the C class from 2009 to today but it didn't come true. We could have ripped on those dudes forever.
I will check schoolboy next.

oh yeah, I almost forgot the important number.
I have now been a Pitracer for 2 years with 2730 posts = 3.68 per day. Man I need a life.

Well not that anyone cares but I ran the quad number accounting for Ohio riders only, for this current season.

OMA: 202 unique racers
CRA: 203 unique racers
Nationals: 120 unique racers

Combining OMA and CRA there were 354 unique racers
Combining OMA, CRA & Nationals there were 406 unique racers from Ohio

Woody are those quad members or quad MX racers? In other words not harescrambles guys?

Back