Best bike cleaner?

Clint1991

PR Addict
Whats everyone experiences on best chemicals to use for cleaning their bikes and keeping them looking fresh and new?

Do you dilute the simple green? I have had it discolor aluminum.
It will if you leave it soak in, I've been hitting em with the pressure washer to get all the heavy stuff off then spraying on purple power and letting it sit for a beer or so then really hitting it. But I like to mist a light coat of diesel fuel on, I've been told its good for the seals and it does keep the plastic looking nice and glossy.

I use mean green from the dollar store, dollar a bottle, dilute it half and half w/ water. will last for several washes with the pressure wash. all i ever have to scrub is the frame where my boots rub and a few parts of the graphics that im hard on.

I have never had the simple green hurt aluminum, I have even let it dry on there. Now the purple stuff eats aluminum for lunch!

Simple Green use to make bike wash. I called them to find out the replacement and they recommended Simple Green HD which is purple. Turned out to be a bad choice on my part. It faded all of my plastic. Now I use Simple Green (green) mixed 50/50 to wash or Suzuki Cleaner. Then I spray it down with Maxium SC1.
I use Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner on my boots, it keeps the white, white.

also the magic eraser pads are ASWESOME for clenaing black marks off of graphics and stuff. i used to use scotch brite pads.. for the frame, and graphics... it would tear up the clear on the graphics (would go away after spraying with sc1 or similar product)... but the magic eraser pads dont tear it up as bad. comes right off (the graphics, not frame) wthout even using the simple green on those areas.

I use just dawn dishsoap. I swear by SC1. Also, pam cooking spray works good too if your in a pinch, just has a really funny smell and you'll get some good looks in staging when you fire it up lmao.

yep, simple green 50/50 is the best. i usually spray the metal areas with a light misting of wd-40 after a wash too. displaces the leftover water, prevents oxidation, and helps with cleanup the next time, kind of like the SC1 on the plastics.

yep, simple green 50/50 is the best. i usually spray the metal areas with a light misting of wd-40 after a wash too. displaces the leftover water, prevents oxidation, and helps with cleanup the next time, kind of like the SC1 on the plastics.
Yep, SImple Green at about 50/50. Used to spray WD-40 as well. Haven't as of late though...

Did you say Bike Cleaner? Here are 3 of the finest.

DSC_0187-1.JPG

+1 on the simple green 50/50 with water. I just hose all the mud I can off, spray the whole bike with SG, let it sit for a minute then hose everything off. I towel the bike off, the fire it up and ride it up and down the street a couple of times just to dry out the brakes. When I go to put it away, I spray the whole bike with tire foam, let it sit for about 5-10 minutes and lightly wipe it off with the towel I dried the bike with. Always looks like brand new. Don't use pressure washers.
Mike Hawkins

I use just dawn dishsoap. I swear by SC1. Also, pam cooking spray works good too if your in a pinch, just has a really funny smell and you'll get some good looks in staging when you fire it up lmao.
Simple green to clean... SC1 smells incredible I just couldn't afford to keep buying it so I started using pledge for the plastic

Back