2014 TransCan Canadian Amateur National Championships

Zman

PR Addict
Went down this past week in Walton Ontario. Despite some crashes, a bad start in one moto, rain and mud, Mitchy was able to hold down and overall 3rd place in his 65cc 7-9 class. Pitracer.com was mentioned in all of his 3 podium speeches as he went 2-3-3 for the week. Nice track and well run event. Was a fun experience.

DSC_0011 (1280x853).jpg DSC_0019 (1280x853).jpg DSC_1014 (1280x853).jpg DSC_1062 (1280x853).jpg DSC_1077 (1280x853).jpg DSC_1093 (1280x853).jpg DSC_1094 (1280x853).jpg DSC_1101 (1280x853).jpg DSC_1106 (1280x853).jpg

Zman

PR Addict
Blahaa.great story...So...at the riders meeting the CMRC official says to all the 65 parents. If you do not have red on white, and someone protests, you will be fined $250!. As you can imagine, I soil myself, not having any Canadian money with me and wondering..."fine...what the?" I guess, the wrong number color scheme is not a spot loss penality, but a fine....yes...they just flat out fine you up there. If someone protests you, some result in a spot loss and some in a fine! I was really having a hard time grasping that!

So, I go back to the pits asking every RV if anyone had any red duck tape...no one has any and each say...they wish they did as the would sell if for $50 a roll. Guess there were several of us that had black on white.

So, I get back to the RV and meet the greatest camping partners I could have ever asked for...their kid racing the 4-6 50cc class. Any way, Terry is going to town for ice and finds me some red duck tape. I stay up Tuesday until 1A taping over my black numbers...stuff made it all week. I also taped over the Lorettas banner on the front number plate, to avoid any other rules I was not aware of. Next year, I am going to read the rule book to make sure there is nothing else I am missing.

Hey, John...not too bad hugh! Was a tedious process. The other part was the CMRC was asking all rides to show up with clean gear, whether they wore different sets, or went to town to wash their gear....it was a mud fest. They wanted people to look good for the pics and TV....I pointed out along with about 5 of us that our numbers were going to look rough on TV and in pics...he said "if someone protests your number color...I am coming for the $250 fine."...not sure what happens if you fail to pay them...maybe they don't let you back to the US.

Vet261

PR Addict
I figured there was a good story. Has anyone else noticed?

At first I noticed that it looked like you taped over the LL logo, then I was like "wait a minute here....those numbers look fishy." Haha

I'm surprised there wasn't someone up there printing backgrounds right on site.

Zman

PR Addict
Nope.. No one else noticed my fine art work. I was thinking the same thing walking around.. No one there to print graphics.

AHRMA361

PR Founding Father
Did Mitchy give you some props on the podium for your skillz with the duct tape?

I can just see it ..."Now taking orders at Darrin's Duct Tape Designs.com"....(All Canadian orders charged tripled at checkout)

Zman

PR Addict
Did Mitchy give you some props on the podium for your skillz with the duct tape?

I can just see it ..."Now taking orders at Darrin's Duct Tape Designs.com"....(All Canadian orders charged tripled at checkout)

Haha.. Yeah Mike.. He did thank dad... 3rd!!! He slept while I made it work for 2 hours! Well worth the memories though! Next year I am taking a crate of red duck tape up! $50 US a roll and another $50 if u want a Zman TransCan Factory Red Duct Tape Miracle!

ck1racerx

PR Addict
With it being only 6 hours away I would think more Ohio guys would make the trip each year.
IF my son gets fast enough, I think this will be an annual trip for the fam.
Track looks great.
Good job Mitchy

Zman

PR Addict
We need to build a bridge from Cleveland to Canada and it would be an even quicker drive!
Yeah.. Wasn't a bad drive, 5.5 hrs, but almost literally straight across Erie from our house.. I bet would be no more than 2.5 if u could cross that way.

Was a really nice event and atmosphere.. We will look to try and schedule this again in the future. Track is fun and safe and lots of infield tunnels to spectate all areas of the track.. Was thought out nice.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
How was getting across the border ?

Did you luck out with the wave by? Or did they tear your seats out and get the drug sniffing dogs ?

And did people all over Canada come to this event ?

And did they also play the US national anthem as the us plays Canadian when Canadians come here to play ball and stick sports....? .....right, didn't think so.

Zman

PR Addict
How was getting across the border ?

Did you luck out with the wave by? Or did they tear your seats out and get the drug sniffing dogs ?

And did people all over Canada come to this event ?

And did they also play the US national anthem as the us plays Canadian when Canadians come here to play ball and stick sports....? .....right, didn't think so.

I got right in...just make sure you have titles for your bikes.

Yes, kid that won Mitchy's class had a 50 hour drive..talked with his father...live way out west above Oregon

Yes they played both national anthems...ours first..you thought wrong.

Double D

PR Founding Father
Titles? Nick calls one his race bike and the other the Thirteen bike. Will that work?

I know one title still has some crazy moto dad's name on it.