A Bad Sunday at Briarcliff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now it wouldnt be a pitracer thread if I didnt chime in to stir the pot.

We all need a place to ride, there is always a good quad & bike coexist thread going on at some point or another. We may never agree with what each group wants but so be it. Having quads on the track at the same time as bikes only happens at certain open practice tracks. Other than that you wont see them mixed at a motocross track, they dont race at the same time on staggered gates, they arent mixed together by engine size or rider classification with bikes. There is a good reason for this, they dont mix. If you have ever been on a track at the same time it takes getting used to, and for some riders it is very intimidating. But add in an extra 1000 lbs and another 700cc of motor and you are just asking for trouble.

Im sorry if people may not agree but I can see absolutely no good reason to defend the use of this machine on the track at anytime there are bikes. Safety should NEVER be side stepped for any reason. Good safe driver or what ever. That video of him jumping sure didnt look all that controlled to me! Imagine if someone you knew, or worse you or your child, were ACCIDENTALLY run over by this type of machine. Would it be ok then? That type of machine just doesnt belong with bikes, the bike will lose that battle every single time.

How about we just ride with rally cars too? I mean really what is the difference? A few more pounds and a couple extra horsepower?

I agree that I would have not let my kids on the track at the same time, I would have gotten them off immediately. But what are you paying for when going to BC to ride the C track? Time to sit while SXS riding is going on? Where does it end? It is a big deal, very big. A 1000 lb machine will kill a bike rider in an accident very easily. Im amazed it seems to be so light heartedly taken.

514, I grant you permission to post on Pitracer only on the third Tuesday of each month. You see, this is called sarcasm. Its something most humans develop early in life but apparently a few may have skipped.... Again... sarcasm.
My post was also something called "A call back", that is when you reference something posted earlier even from a different thread...
Since you are having a hard time keeping up, A cliffsnotes version of this site is available at www.hookedonphonics.com

Wait for it......

Sarcasm

514, I grant you permission to post on Pitracer only on the third Tuesday of each month. You see, this is called sarcasm. Its something most humans develop early in life but apparently a few may have skipped.... Again... sarcasm.
My post was also something called "A call back", that is when you reference something posted earlier even from a different thread...
Since you are having a hard time keeping up, A cliffsnotes version of this site is available at www.hookedonphonics.com

Wait for it......

Sarcasm

See what I mean? You just kind of proved my point...

I get that you are a sarcastic. I also understand what sarcasm is, I think? I'll check out that hookedonphonics.com thing though just in case. Hershey made a great point when he asked why it's being taken so lightheartedly. To me, the phrase "stop complaining about something you asked for" isn't sarcasm. Although I could be wrong since I'm having trouble keeping up. Sounds like a direct attack on a guy that was concerned about safety. I thought Mike was trying to voice a serious concern. Just figured maybe for once we could let a guy make a point without stealing his thunder or attacking him. No big deal though. No hard feelings from me. I just figured I'd try to help out. Eh, what do I know anyway?

Go back and read the very resent thread on Open practice vs. sessions and you will realize that I FULLY support the very valid concern of this thread. There was a direct attack but it WAS not on the author for which we are currently discussing. This is one of the many problems with open practice. Where do you draw the line on what type of vehicle is allowed to go where? The cliff is one of the uniquely equipped facilities that could separate 2 from 4 wheels given they have at least two full tracks. Still the problem with that is the various sizes of the machines and the multitude of skill levels. A track owner is put in a position of no win. If you divide practice into sessions then you upset the guys that want 45 hours of seat time. Keep it open and you get what we have here. Saying quads on one track and bikes on the other dismisses the skill levels. Hard to win that battle.
The safest "divide" I can think of would be 2 wheels on one day with 2 tracks and sessions, then the next day with 4 wheels on 2 tracks with sessions as well. For those guys not willing to accept the safety risks associated with open riding, this is why the government has to get involved in so many aspects of our life. Since some refuse to even acknowledge the risk to themselves and more importantly, to others, rules must be created and followed.

There, a post without sarcasm. Does that clear up my viewpoint?

Honestly he wasn't supposed to be out there late in the day, it supposed to be first thing before kids got there. He took the liberty of stretching that out. It's my fault, I'm going to have to start policing people again, this includes squirrels and old dudes off the big track.

Again my apologies to everyone that was inconvenienced by this Sunday.

Btw Hershey, Jason luburg could probably out ride you on a dirt bike, former pro atv racer, more natural riding ability than I have seen from most of the people in Ohio. No poking or picking on you either. The kids were probably safer with him in a sxs, than they were with over half of the C track regulars. Regardless, that's it no more sxs on any track, unless we stop it for a session.

Sounds like a fair resolution we should all consider this matter closed.

Jeremy has a big week and lots to do with the BATTLE this weekend, so lets not drag this on any longer.

Thanks Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back