Check out this vid from Marty Tripes 100cc Works Revenge race.

Ya. I grabbed my YZ because I always thought they were cool bikes, and I wanted to join in the Mid-Ohio fun. I'd grab something air cooled too. The thought of old radiators and hoses makes me have to pee..... hahahahaha! Besides the whip I got-- I LOVE the 1980 YZ125. --L*64

Buying an old MX100 and trying to race motocross on it is equivalent to buying a TTR125 today. It's a playbike.

What would be a good vintage bike that would fit into the most classes?
It depends on what era vintage you want to race in and what series. It seems the newer generation wants to ride mid/late-80's and up bikes because that is "their" type and era of vintage. Most of us older types started with mid-70's bikes and added late-70's early 80's to the stable. I have a nice 1982 CR250R if you like Honda's!

Vintage is fun!
Love racing my MX250.
Gives you a whole new appreciation and respect to the men that raced these machines back in the day. Particularly those that did it well.

Ya. I tend to want a bike that I'd have wanted when I was a kid, but didn't get. I used to watch MX on the Wide World of Sports when it was on. It never occurred to me that I'd actually want to ride myself until around 1983 when a Suzuki dealership moved to my area. I used to go in there and sit on the '83 RM80's. I thought they were the coolest bikes. For some reason, that era of Yamaha's stick in my mind as a classic dirt bike. Maybe because they were yellow? --L*64

Back