Big Game Pro Day Sept. 7th

You only live once. When your 70 you'll wish you raced more than 1 class when you were a young 55 year old man.

Now I may be out. Got a guy coming to look at my 450 tonight.

Quality over quantity. I ride 3 tines a week and race about every weekend hoping Chuck Day is showing to discuss some things.

I'm racing Saturday, which is tomorrow, in PA. Sure I've raced longer than you've been alive. I've done it all, and have no regrets today.

I got some Ohlins for that Why-Zee if you keep it. Factory stuff. Doesn't fit our 14 or 15 bikes. I'll sell it real cheap. Makes the bike steer differently, since the forks flex differently

And your out again???? You missed the first one!! And your close, living in Cleavland and all. Probably working......

Last edited:
I had a shitty day at PVR. Like the worst day in racing in 10 years. Not racing tomorrow. Going to a movie now. Just going to take a break. Everything I tried blew up in my face. My kid crashed hard and coughed up blood in practice. He soldiered on to 4th overall and I was proud. He seems to be good. He said he was fine except for some big rasberries and all.....

I crashed too. And I hardly ever fall, but these where crashes. Kinda hard to do anything when your kissing the ground and your bike won't start for a lap or so each time.

Just a bad day and thankful I'm not hurt, because I'm about the only thing that I didn't break today...................

Have fun and go at it..................

Just got the word that Big Game only got a half inch of rain. Was told that the track will be Primo tomorrow. Here's a sneak peek.
image.jpg

I'm at big game now. Parking is wet but track looks good. No lakes or mud holes that I can see on the track should rip up fine.

I'm at big game now. Parking is wet but track looks good. No lakes or mud holes that I can see on the track should rip up fine.

We have the camper all packed up and ready but can't make it tonight. Will be there early in the morning!

Thanks to the Hand Racing crew and Big Game Raceway for another well run race!

Conditions were great and the track was challenging and fun, nothing like racing in the fall with cool crisp morning air and perfect dirt to ride on, great job as always!

WOW!! That's what motocross is all about. Long practices, four lap motos. The track was technical with elevation changes, ruts, breaking bumps and multi lines. Track prep was awesome and the track stayed moist all day. We were done racing by 4.

I want to thank Hand promotion for all their hard work it sure showed. It sure was great to see some old friends and new friends yesterday.

The best part for me was my mother came to watch her grandson race. Back in the day my father worked out of state so my mom took me to most of my motocross races, she even went to Ponca City with us. She hadn't been to a race in years and it was awesome to see her there.

Last edited:
A good friend of mine Steve Wilmington has said many times before that I needed to check out a place called Big Game Raceway in Hubbard, Ohio.
He tries to make it any time they run.

Well, yesterday I made my way out East for the very first time to Big Game. I was there as a spectator of a CRA race being promoted by Hand Racing Promotions.

I had a ball!

The place is cool……very cool.

Easy to get to. Many major thoroughfares lead to the general area.

Less than a mile or so off the highway with good roads in.

Two lanes taking entry fees and waiver signing made for quick and easy entrance.
Plenty of level parking with gravel roadways dividing the pit lanes. Some parking has trees for shade.

A good size, clean, permanent bathroom facility!!! 1000 extra bonus points!

Nice fencing around the track with decent viewing of the raceway.

Big Game has two fully functioning separate circuits!

One Upper Track and one Lower Track. Each has their own Staging, Starting Gates and Finish lines. They can run simultaneously and never interfere with what’s going on at the other. Major SWEETNESS!

The dirt at Big Game is unique…..like nothing I’ve seen before in my 40 years of racing in Ohio. It asks to be ridden on by knobbies and ridden on with a heavy throttle!

The soil is a nice dark brown, almost black. It’s very loamy and breaks up rather than sticks together.
You could see the riders enjoying the full hook-up of traction and ducking the buckets of roost. The sound of big 450’s working hard as they claw with authority up the winding sweepers gave me chills .

Every rider that I spoke with said they enjoy the layout. It’s a combination of some pretty fast sections along the back and some good tight turns in the front.

It has a few sweeping uphill and downhill turns that looked like a total riot to me.

The jumps range from small seat-bounce doubles out of turns to a massive table in the middle that most don’t pull the trigger on.
Some of the bigger doubles have a “skip-it” lane offering the option not to air it out if the rider feels the risk is not worth the reward. From what I saw yesterday, I would venture to say that many choose to use the “skip-it” lanes.

Practice was plentiful. None of the riders I went with had ever set a wheel on the track before yet everyone felt comfortable with amount of track time offered before racing commenced.

The racing started early in the A.M. and clicked off throughout the day with precision.

The P.A. system works well and can be heard throughout the facility without being overly loud or harsh.

The announcing was first class….Major kudos to whoever was behind the microphone!!!!!
The classes and staging needs were called out consistently throughout the day and this needed to be done for two tracks running simultaneously. (Not an easy task).
Over the P.A., the Racing Action was being followed lap after lap, moto after moto. It was described with enthusiasm and excitement. For every class Full Names were used, Racing numbers were included, last race performances were called out and a little history or background was included as well. Top notch announcing!! ALL DAY LONG!

As said earlier, the racing clicked off with precision. No dicking around…..The awards were cool, handed out quickly and everyone was done racing by early afternoon.

It was a great day to be at the Motocross races!......Thanks to Hand Racing Promotions and Big Game Raceway!

Thanks everyone for the kind words!! The track yesterday was seriously a slice of chocolate heaven! Dave said it would be a track like many have never ridden on in awhile-technical, rutty, rough, FUN! It was a tough one to get ready for with The Burner run being held there the day before, tear down did not start until 5 pm Sat. so it was a long night to get ready for our event on Sunday. I can not thank our friends who came out to help us bust butt to be prepared for Sunday morning. Weather conditions could not have been better for Sundays race day. I have to say in the 12 years of running races it was one of the best overall days! Everyone was in a great mood, having fun with family and friends, our staff was spot on the whole weekend(Tina Sams does an amazing job announcing and keeping both programs running smoothly), both tracks ran simultaneously from start to finish, ending time was perfect, etc.... Those are races you would like to bottle up and keep for next time. We can't thank everyone enough for all the support you have shown to our family and promotions throughout the years it is appreciated more than you'll ever know. We will try to have some open practices before the weather turns bad!! Will have updates on pitracer and our Facebook page-Hand Racing. Results are up and posted! Have a great day :)

A good friend of mine Steve Wilmington has said many times before that I needed to check out a place called Big Game Raceway in Hubbard, Ohio.
He tries to make it any time they run.

Well, yesterday I made my way out East for the very first time to Big Game. I was there as a spectator of a CRA race being promoted by Hand Racing Promotions.

I had a ball!

The place is cool……very cool.

Easy to get to. Many major thoroughfares lead to the general area.

Less than a mile or so off the highway with good roads in.

Two lanes taking entry fees and waiver signing made for quick and easy entrance.
Plenty of level parking with gravel roadways dividing the pit lanes. Some parking has trees for shade.

A good size, clean, permanent bathroom facility!!! 1000 extra bonus points!

Nice fencing around the track with decent viewing of the raceway.

Big Game has two fully functioning separate circuits!

One Upper Track and one Lower Track. Each has their own Staging, Starting Gates and Finish lines. They can run simultaneously and never interfere with what’s going on at the other. Major SWEETNESS!

The dirt at Big Game is unique…..like nothing I’ve seen before in my 40 years of racing in Ohio. It asks to be ridden on by knobbies and ridden on with a heavy throttle!

The soil is a nice dark brown, almost black. It’s very loamy and breaks up rather than sticks together.
You could see the riders enjoying the full hook-up of traction and ducking the buckets of roost. The sound of big 450’s working hard as they claw with authority up the winding sweepers gave me chills .

Every rider that I spoke with said they enjoy the layout. It’s a combination of some pretty fast sections along the back and some good tight turns in the front.

It has a few sweeping uphill and downhill turns that looked like a total riot to me.

The jumps range from small seat-bounce doubles out of turns to a massive table in the middle that most don’t pull the trigger on.
Some of the bigger doubles have a “skip-it” lane offering the option not to air it out if the rider feels the risk is not worth the reward. From what I saw yesterday, I would venture to say that many choose to use the “skip-it” lanes.

Practice was plentiful. None of the riders I went with had ever set a wheel on the track before yet everyone felt comfortable with amount of track time offered before racing commenced.

The racing started early in the A.M. and clicked off throughout the day with precision.

The P.A. system works well and can be heard throughout the facility without being overly loud or harsh.

The announcing was first class….Major kudos to whoever was behind the microphone!!!!!
The classes and staging needs were called out consistently throughout the day and this needed to be done for two tracks running simultaneously. (Not an easy task).
Over the P.A., the Racing Action was being followed lap after lap, moto after moto. It was described with enthusiasm and excitement. For every class Full Names were used, Racing numbers were included, last race performances were called out and a little history or background was included as well. Top notch announcing!! ALL DAY LONG!

As said earlier, the racing clicked off with precision. No dicking around…..The awards were cool, handed out quickly and everyone was done racing by early afternoon.

It was a great day to be at the Motocross races!......Thanks to Hand Racing Promotions and Big Game Raceway!

Wow bro...you should be an author on here...Chuck...you see this!?

Love Wilmo! He and the Plus 40 class almost gave me a whoopin on the gate one time. ;)

Thanks everyone for the kind words!! The track yesterday was seriously a slice of chocolate heaven! Dave said it would be a track like many have never ridden on in awhile-technical, rutty, rough, FUN! It was a tough one to get ready for with The Burner run being held there the day before, tear down did not start until 5 pm Sat. so it was a long night to get ready for our event on Sunday. I can not thank our friends who came out to help us bust butt to be prepared for Sunday morning. Weather conditions could not have been better for Sundays race day. I have to say in the 12 years of running races it was one of the best overall days! Everyone was in a great mood, having fun with family and friends, our staff was spot on the whole weekend(Tina Sams does an amazing job announcing and keeping both programs running smoothly), both tracks ran simultaneously from start to finish, ending time was perfect, etc.... Those are races you would like to bottle up and keep for next time. We can't thank everyone enough for all the support you have shown to our family and promotions throughout the years it is appreciated more than you'll ever know. We will try to have some open practices before the weather turns bad!! Will have updates on pitracer and our Facebook page-Hand Racing. Results are up and posted! Have a great day :)

Congratulations! Ohio MX is alive!

Hey Marcthesharc.... This is Tina Sams aka announcer
Thank you so much for the awesome complement, you made my day!
It was only my second time EVER!! But what a fun job that is...

I agree with everything you said , the day was absolutely perfect. GREAT vibe happening all day long!! The HANDS are FANTABULOUS at what they do ..my hats off to them as always.

And speaking of WILMO.... He single-handedly provided my favorite moment of the day!! He was battling for the lead.... He was in second....coming up on the big table in the middle... They hit the jump about a bike length apart.. AND WILMO FLIPPIN LAUNCHED IT ... Jumped right over the dudes head TO TAKE THE LEAD!! It was the coolest

Back