Whats the most expensive bike you have ever seen?

Seen is one thing but owned should be the question..
I had a bad arse Husaberg back in 99. I was told it was worth 15K at the time. (I had to give it back after the series.)
Now seen, I would say Eddie Hicks DMC YZ80 back in the day. All hand made and no ever said how much it was worth. Had to easy be 20K back in 1984.
Excluding all Factory Works bikes..of course.

PC builds full factory spec kx105s for a mere $16000 and some change. Read that in transworld.

I remember my dad buying clutches in bulk for my yamaha supermini. I don't know how afforded to keep it running. That thing was a straight money pit.

Most expensive Ive owned was my ktm 50 back in 2004 that was (with all the parts we had to buy) $2300. The yz125 I ride now was $1500. Most expensive Ive seen was a 2012 CR500 af for $12,950.

Ummmm, according to my wife it is my current bike. Quoting her " its brand new and you have to put money in the shocks?? "

Ummmm, according to my wife it is my current bike. Quoting her " its brand new and you have to put money in the shocks?? "

HAHA! I have heard that before.......A new bike is never just a new bike! It is everything that you have to do to it after you get it!

What's an oil filter?

I remember being shocked when Honda crested the 4000 line with the 1989 CR250 and 500. And there was no amount of additional $$$ to make the suspension work.

My 2004 YZ250F was the most expensive bike in my garage... Had well over $10,000 in that thing. Then, it got stolen.

Had a crf once that we spent around 10 on after it was done.. everything I could think of aside from a kit or ohlins suspension.. other than that I've seen alota factory bikes and who knows what those cost.. seen a 13 kx450 on Craigslist that was stock besides a kit suspension and they wanted 12k..

Back