Whats the most expensive bike you have ever seen?

There was a killer article I read last year off Vital and it talked about one of RC's old race bikes, and how much it cost to them to build everything, I remember it was astronomical to think a dirtbike could have that much $$ dumped into it. Someone please post if they know what Im referring too, two days of looking now and I cant find that dang link.

My father always says "Why do you want to buy modifications if you can't win the stock class at Loretta's ? If they can go faster then you on a stock bike then your not using everything that's already in it".... therefore I ALWAYS rode a bone stock bike.

Why go into the race at a disadvantage if you don't have to? Why ride stock suspension if you don't have to, that's painful lol.

PC builds full factory spec kx105s for a mere $16000 and some change. Read that in transworld.

I remember my dad buying clutches in bulk for my yamaha supermini. I don't know how afforded to keep it running. That thing was a straight money pit.
When I was in canada I came across a guy that had a hauler with I think 3 of them in it. Was pretty cool to see them. Works of art.

Since I am messed up in the brain, Part of my dream last nite was about this subject.
Guys spend big money on buying aftermarket parts including new forks and shocks. Those items that you are replacing have been tested and retested 100's of times by riders many times more talented then you or I. They have designed endless amounts of oils, springs, clickers and internal workings to give anyone who purchases these machines off the show room floor the ability to fine tune the suspension to every riders abilities and styles. Then guys buy a $8500 motorcycle, take it home and rip those off and toss on another 4 grand in Ohlins this and that. The factories have millions of dollars and use factory riders to develop parts specifically for that make and model. Companies like Ohlins have 10's of dollars and guy named Jerry that is 55 and missing a finger from a CNC accident. They designed a set of forks for a '72 Hodaka and just keep making changes to the clamps to make it fit new bikes.
Now don't fire back and say "I love my Ohlins stuff, its the best" Yes, I have used a few of their shocks and of course Whitepower stuff and liked most of them. What I am saying is did it actually make the bike better? or did it fill that spot between your ears that makes you think, it made the bike better?
Side question, How much time and money did you invest in testing and fine tuning the stock parts before buying the new gold anodized toys?
Side question 2. How much time and money did you invest in testing and fine tuning the replacement money pit?... I mean replacement parts?

The second part of the dream was a flashback to coed dorm life... I will keep that one all to myself.

Funny how all the perfectly dialed ones get jacked. They don't jack junk. they'd rather steal the good stuff and ride it into junk.

We found it! laid up in a creek across from RAMJAM in the metro parks.. Stripped of graphics, and beat to hell.. Turns out ThugLife couldn't handle a Willy Manning Racing motor LOL.. Was never the same after that.. Sold...

I got a close up view of a $10K BBR pit bike at Smith Rd. on Labor Day when a fellow crashed right in front of me on a blind downhill leaving me nowhere to go. I ended up hitting the rider and running over the bike. From what I could tell, it had every option short of the 4V head including the hand made aluminum tank. Really nice ride. --L*64

Back