New Vienna RACE SERIES

Just tried to keep the dust down, so made two trips around track with the water truck. It was my FIRST event an I learned a lot. So il take it all the good an bad feedback an keep building! I'm not on the equipment nor do I have control over that part but I take full responsibility because it's my event, I'm trying to incorporate some new things an just improve each race.

Tommy for your first race I think it was a huge success.. But as you know, nothing kills the momentum of the day like a long delay.

Other than a little better concession, faster intermission, and more water on the track. I say its was a huge success. They desperately need a better way to get more water on the track. they need to fix that other water truck they have and use them both. more gallons per foot of track... melt the dirt clods/marbles. cant wait till the next race keep up the good work! Southern Ohio needs a dedicated promoter like Tommy.

BRAP!

Other than a little better concession, faster intermission, and more water on the track. I say its was a huge success. They desperately need a better way to get more water on the track. they need to fix that other water truck they have and use them both. more gallons per foot of track... melt the dirt clods/marbles. cant wait till the next race keep up the good work! Southern Ohio needs a dedicated promoter like Tommy.

BRAP!

If you got half the wind we had up here, you were fighting a losing battle. Especially if you sat on it Saturday night because of the threat of rain. Surviving Sunday as a first race is a pretty damn good thing. It was a tough day with the sun and wind for sure.

instagram Newviennamx

bunch of pictures and a little clip of everyone hitting the quad. Gotta admit that jump alone has sparked some interest from some pros up here.

BRAP!
Thank you I truly appreciate that! I have a WHOLE NEW RESPECT for tracks now when I go to the races. It takes A LOT of time, effort and energy to put on and host a race. People don't think about the little things like, scorers, flaggers, ambulance, announcer, insurance, concession, etc. etc. The wind was pretty bad and dried up the track quick. But I'm taking steps to get that taken care of with water containers in each corner to keep a tacky surface all race day long. Also moving the finish line to start races quicker. Concession will be better as well. I just want everyone to have a fun, great time at the track. I hope to see you all out on October 5th!

Tommy for your first race I think it was a huge success.. But as you know, nothing kills the momentum of the day like a long delay.
Thank you! I was just trying to keep track good, and the wind messed it up lol. It will be quicker next time. Im sorry. Hope to see you out on October 5th and 26th!

Dont think we can make the 5th. My son has basketball try outs that day for his select team. Will hopefully make it out on the 26th. Glad to hear your taking suggestions. How are those water containers going to work?

Thank you I truly appreciate that! I have a WHOLE NEW RESPECT for tracks now when I go to the races. It takes A LOT of time, effort and energy to put on and host a race. People don't think about the little things like, scorers, flaggers, ambulance, announcer, insurance, concession, etc. etc. The wind was pretty bad and dried up the track quick. But I'm taking steps to get that taken care of with water containers in each corner to keep a tacky surface all race day long. Also moving the finish line to start races quicker. Concession will be better as well. I just want everyone to have a fun, great time at the track. I hope to see you all out on October 5th!

I am also glad to see the comments are being considered and things are being done to make the next race better. keep it up. I seen some pics where on FB that showed the track and the dirt getting a make over. I feel like the track will be better that it ever been this next race

Bump. Who is going this weekend. With the little rain and cooler temp. It should be good.

The newV. crew stepped it up and made some awesome improvements.
Dirt was good for most of the day. The water truck had some improvements making a huge difference. still Could have watered more. I feel like not tilling some corners for the second moto would have been a plus. they had good lines, only really need watered and let to soak in. The track actually had some lines and The roost wasn't huge dry dirt clods this time witch was two huge improvement.

The Layout was improved. Had some sections cut and new obstacles added to help open up some good passing lines and good racing. looking forward to possible changes.

The Program was ran much smoother and everything seem to move much faster. intermission was way shorter..30mins at most..

Glad to see the track crew and race promoters making improvements. Overall I could only suggest more water to allow more lines to form and solid berms and ruts form. and not to till the corners with good lines in them. fresh till is harder on the motors than a rutted bumpy tracks.

Last edited:
Back