Favorite Dirtbike you've ever owned?

Rode an 84, loved the bike. But to say the favorite ever? In what respect? To ride, to have owned, to look at ???

To ride I would say my 06 YZ125. Funnest bike ever. Perfect motor, perfect suspension and LIGHT!! So light compared to 4 strokes.
Coolest to have owned was my 01 YZ250f. 250 4stk were rare then and it was just the cool factor. And it wasnt so bad to ride either.

Had the 85 Knox and that thing was awesome! Remember jumping that big double in the back of COCR on those things!! It would have to be a toss up between my 85KX125 or my 89RM125. My RM that year was so good! Race Tech built the whole thing, motor and suspension, and it was just an awesome bike.

Ive had many a good bike (and more then a few turds) but the 85 was the best.
The Husabergs were fun in a straight line. Any year KX500 is in the top 3 just based on brute force.
The KTM "250" (which was really a 300) was a great bike. the fact no one ever protested when I got a holeshot still amazes me.
Sentimental fav has to be the 90 KX250. That thing drug my fat ass to a Supercross main. I am rebuilding one just to keep in the garage.

Easy. '02 RM125. I've never ridden a bike that corners more consistently and I always liked the looks of those RM's. Super cool bike. Wish I had it back honestly.

To ride I would say my 06 YZ125. Funnest bike ever. Perfect motor, perfect suspension and LIGHT!! So light compared to 4 strokes.
Coolest to have owned was my 01 YZ250f. 250 4stk were rare then and it was just the cool factor. And it wasnt so bad to ride either.
Too funny Hershey.. I've had both these bikes too... I had such a hard time riding that 250f when I got it because it felt slow since it didn't scream like a two stroke...

Best bike I ever owned was all the ones I didn't have to make a monthly payment on

1999 z50, thats where it all started for me. Restoring the bike now as I have beaten the hell out of that thing over the years.

1995 kx125. bike was so stable and confidence inspiring, probably because it was so slow! My dad did a lot of work to that bike to make it rip. Wish I never sold it.

Damn, my '95 KX125 was the WORST bike I ever owned. It was so slow, we kept thinking something was wrong with the power valve. You didn't happen to buy mine did ya?

My favorite bike was my '97 YZ125. The motor was great, and it was a super handler. I loved that bike. I'd prolly still own it if it didn't get some kind of electrical problem that made it foul out spark plugs every 5 minutes of ride time.

My 150R is in the running, and my 150F is hands down my favorite pit racer. --L*64

Damn, my '95 KX125 was the WORST bike I ever owned. It was so slow, we kept thinking something was wrong with the power valve. You didn't happen to buy mine did ya?

My favorite bike was my '97 YZ125. The motor was great, and it was a super handler. I loved that bike. I'd prolly still own it if it didn't get some kind of electrical problem that made it foul out spark plugs every 5 minutes of ride time.

My 150R is in the running, and my 150F is hands down my favorite pit racer. --L*64
Funny you say that, I had a 96 that was the same. Sluggish as all get out. But my 95 was a screamer!

Funny you say that, I had a 96 that was the same. Sluggish as all get out. But my 95 was a screamer! We never figured out what was wrong with the 96.

My fave is definitely my 02 cr125. Basically bluet proof. Had some of the best rides of my life on it at OIR back in 08-10. Still have it and going to make a push to make it live for davefest!

1995 CR500. PC cylinder (yes, on a 500), PC exhaust and suspension, 19" rear rim, gold excels and Braking oversize rotors come to mind. So does a split frame cradle, sheared cartridge rod in one fork leg and an ovaled shock body that ate shock seals. Had that bike for 7 years and put HUNDREDS of hours on it.

I'm going to get roosted for this: a ported 95 Yamaha Blaster (yes, a QUAD) with good shocks and good tires. That little thing was hysterical in the woods.

Back