Favorite Dirtbike you've ever owned?

Some of my bikes it seems were never rated well or thought highly of, but in time I manage to find redeeming qualities in them. Sometimes I think sticking with it and keep working through the issues to make it better, or learning how to ride it can have it's advantages.

For many years I thought poorly of my 98 CR250, but all of that changed once I started racing GP's on it. It always had a very strong and reliable engine, just handled like a bus. Now I'm having a blast riding it and it's doing very well.

My 03 YZ250 has always been an easy bike to ride and race, but it was rated very well when new and current. Not likely that I will ever sell it.

I haven't ridden any other vintage bikes than my MX250, but I am having a blast on it. Really wondered just how well it would do when I was building it, but have been extremely pleased with it's performance.

My KDX175 has never shattered any landspeed records or delivered any dominating wins in races, but many times it has held it's own against compareable bikes. My son raced it in PV MX ad Mid-Ohio a few years back and finished pretty good on it.

I think a bike would have to suck pretty bad for me to give up on it.

Most favorite bike - 1981 Yamaha YZ250 Mellow but fast

Worst bike ever - 1989 Honda CR250. Suspension. What suspension? The forks were horrible and it had the headshake of death.
2nd worst bike ever - 1998 Yamaha YZ400F. Power out the wazooo, but only started when IT wanted to.

Back